The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Maths

Anyone else starting to get excited about maths tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathsisfunny
Anyone else starting to get excited about maths tomorrow?

Not Really, scared that something unexpected may turn up :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by animelover123
Not Really, scared that something unexpected may turn up :frown:

I'm sure it's going to be alright:smile:
Good luck everyone for the Standard Grade Maths exam tomorrow.

Think I must have done about every past paper in existance now!
Reply 4
Im terrified but I know I will be happy when its all over. However, it amazes me that instead of acually revising for the exam TOMMORROW I am stuck on here moaning that Im not revising. Still makes no sense to me why I do that but hey ho Maths Grade 7 here I come!
Reply 5
Chill out, try and study the topics you don't feel confident on - remember to take your time, silly mistakes can cost marks. If you get stuck on a question, just move on and come back to it later. Personally I just fire through all the questions that are short and easy - then go back to the more extended, difficult questions.

If it helps, standard grades really aren't the end of the world even though they feel like it at the time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Good luck guys, just take your time and try not panic if you see something you don't recognise - if you are spending ages trying to solve a question then move on and come back to it.
Reply 7
Quite excited , did computing g/c really boring sitting for at least 30 mins each.

Just hope there's no really bad bearings , hate them but at least I can do surds and incides
Original post by Direct15
Quite excited , did computing g/c really boring sitting for at least 30 mins each.

Just hope there's no really bad bearings , hate them but at least I can do surds and incides

I hate indices...with a passion.

But, The exam should be fine bur here are my averages over 10 past papers

KU RE
78% 74% (pAper 1)

89% 70% (paper 2)

RE P2 is the most scariest
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sbhedges
Good luck everyone for the Standard Grade Maths exam tomorrow.

Think I must have done about every past paper in existance now!

same ive done tons of past papers, ibet your past paper count will never beat mines
I hate surds and indices.

Bearings and stuff I can do fine. Should be not too bad.
Reply 11
it's tomorrow? I thought English was always before Maths? well, good luck :smile:
Reply 12
good luck tomorrow, guys. : )
Good luck everyone!! :smile:
Im feeling quite confident, I can do more or less everything apart from indices and some parabolas, which I usually epically fail at
Yes, good luck to everyone.

Few tips from me:

There will be a question that your not 100% sure of. Take your time, look at what it's asking, and look at what you've been given. Then see what you can do,

If you still can't do it, come back at the end, you'll get there eventually :smile:

Good luck again, if you need any late help, i can help !
Good luck guys. :smile:
Original post by animelover123
same ive done tons of past papers, ibet your past paper count will never beat mines

You done them all ? :biggrin:

I've done almost all of them plus many practice papers. :smile:
Good luck guys! I loved standard grade maths! Keep your head and and keep focussed! :smile:
Good luck guys! Maths was my favourite standard grade! And my least favourite higher...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending