How much do you revise per day in the lead up to exams? Watch

Poll: How much do you revise per day in the lead up to exams?
0 - 1 hour (23)
7.74%
1 - 2 hours (33)
11.11%
2 - 3 hours (42)
14.14%
3 - 4 hours (57)
19.19%
4 - 5 hours (37)
12.46%
5 - 6 hours (31)
10.44%
6 hours + (74)
24.92%
This discussion is closed.
CJ
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Not what does your timetable say you should be revising per day, what are you actually spending per day on quality revision time? Take the poll and discuss below.
Perky perks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
..... whatever i can... with plenty of breaks seems to work
Rahul.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
as much as i can......with the ps3 breakz =)
lets_bring_back_the_love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to revise for hours and then i failed my exams now i think im going to concentrate on decent revision and having a good social life too.
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
as much as i can, cramming ftw :ahee:
christopher
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
dont jut study for hours cause that way u wnt learn anythin u hav 2 take each section and break it in2 chunks that way u will be rvising and u will actualy remembr it
rocky123456789
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
cram in as much as I can, even nthough it doesnt all go in, it stops me panicking in the exam if i know i could not have done anymore without dying
Oprah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I take the week off before the exams and all the days before the exams and constantly read, write notes, practice questions etc. I did that in january and got 3 A's and im dumb, ive never got good grades before.
Oprah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by christopher)
dont jut study for hours cause that way u wnt learn anythin u hav 2 take each section and break it in2 chunks that way u will be rvising and u will actualy remembr it
That is a lovely thought and so true, but that doesnt work for me, my breaks... 10 minutes on this forum, turns into 2 hours and then its 8pm and im tired so i dont revise and just watch tv.
I have to do everything in 1 go, but it gets me A's so its fine.
Sendaii
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
None, I do BTEC.

BLineDisaster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am doing 10 hours a day this week. Depending on how much I cover, next week may be 10hrs a day or 12hrs.

Edit: lol neg rep. Nothing wrong with revising like a king and walking away with the top grades
anil10100
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rahul.S)
as much as i can......with the ps3 breakz =)
Well you shouldn't be having that problem..
lets_bring_back_the_love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
...did i offend someone?
ok_cub2008
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
4 hours per day max to be honest. For mathematical type courses, this is all that I find I am capable of doing become I become so tired from thinking. Any further work would have no benefit. Hasn't worked too bad for me so far
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by christopher)
Is...this...English?

2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Personally I've been revising 8 hours a day, it's not a lot but I'm only 1st year uni so the exams aren't that important.

I will be revising much more from now on though. I really want the exams to be over.
Rational Paradox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
6-10 hours, may as well work as much as possible rather than regret not doing enough
emma363
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Right now probabley 2-3 hours, but when I've got exams in 2/3 days I revise literally all day (with several facebook breaks ofcourse!)

I work better under pressure... cram cram cram
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never really counted it up before - I go more by content than time. I'll say that I'm going to do topics x/y/z this day and a/b/c the next or whatever. Generally speaking I do stick to it though sometimes I'll split up larger chapters and do more of the smaller ones in a day.

In the days immediately before an exam, perhaps 6 hours. Otherwise I'd say about 3 would be average, though I don't tend to revise intensively - very frequent breaks to check facebook and other internet stuff as well as chat to people online.
I take long lunch/dinner breaks too (usually an hour or so) and start late in the day (often an hour or two before lunchtime for most people)
NS17
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1 week to go: 20 mins then procrastination maximization.
1 day to go: 24 hrs then **** my pants.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed