Mate took parents car for a spin... Watch

T. Hereford
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
.... what offences would he have been charged with if her were caught? He has been banned for driving for 120 days.

Would he be charged with TWOC, driving whilst disqualified? What other offences would he be charged with?
salfordfairy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not sure what offences but what an idiot what if he had an accident and hurt someone
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if he isn't disqualified he can't be charged with driving whilst disqualified!

Driving without insurance
driving without a licence.
T. Hereford
Rep:
?
(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
if he isn't disqualified he can't be charged with driving whilst disqualified!

Driving without insurance
driving without a licence.
He had been disqualified for 120 days for speeding when he took it for a spin so what offences would he have been charged with.
Mr-Dangerous
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If Scotland -

TADA - Section 178, Road Traffic Act (Scotland) 1988
Taking And Driving Away

If England -

TWOC - Section 12, Theft Act 1968
Taking Without Consent
fruit_n_veg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TWOC, driving whilst disqualified, driving with no insurance and any driving standards offences if he was driving it like he stole it!
wactm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Grand Theft Auto
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope he gets a custodial sentence.
T. Hereford
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr-Dangerous)

If England -

TWOC - Section 12, Theft Act 1968
Taking Without Consent
He has also been banned for 120 for speeding so would he have been charged with driving without a licence and driving without insurance too or would he have been charged with driving whilst disqualified?
ElNormo91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Looks like a cocktail of offences, he won't get off that easily, considering that he has been DQ'd
Ewan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'Mate'? I wouldn't be friends with someone like that, what an absolute plonker.
Mr-Dangerous
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T. Hereford)
He has also been banned for 120 for speeding so would he have been charged with driving without a licence and driving without insurance too or would he have been charged with driving whilst disqualified?
Well the fact that he was disqualified means that he more than likely did have some sort of license ?

Probably Driving without insurance and Driving whilst disqualified and TWOC
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 7 years ago
Technically he could go to prison for it.
xsophx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just read this on ccuk :\

Could be prison and another ban....but tbh your mate is stupid for doing what he did.
Emma-Ashley
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Offences?

Driving whilst disqualified - definitely
Driving without insurance - definitely
Being a complete idiot - definitely!
TWOC - unlikely unless his parents specifically state that they didn't give him permission. In this case, if they did, they would also be guilty of offences of permitting the above
AdamZ
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Few months ago I know one 17 year old in my road drive a car without insurance and doesnt even have a driving licence.. Dont ask why he told me- just because he thought i am a friend since he live in the same road.. I told him i ought to avoid him driving pass me, he laughed and said yea...

I walk home and report to the police even given his car registration and address.. next few days laters dad told me the lad got arrested and release in bails.. after the while i walk up and saw the lad, he approach to me and said did you grass me up - said what you mean?, he explained and i pretend well it is not me then he think it is someone else- he told me he got to go to court in mid april and believe he will get away with it... So far dad told me he got 6 months prison sentence...

So i can imagine if a person drive without insurance, licence and without permission then crash a car would probably face longer sentence..
shadow12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on the condition...

If he had no liscense/insurance then he will face a big fine and a criminal record... If he drove recklessly then he will be sent to court which if the judge sees fit include some jail time..

Having said this my friend took his fathers BMW and drove me a bit around his neighborhood... But thankfully we didn't get stopped.. So seriously I don't recommend it

It's not if you get caught....

It's when you get caught... Oh wait
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anything short of being charged with being a complete idiot would be a failure of the justice system.
shadow12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AdamZ)
Few months ago I know one 17 year old in my road drive a car without insurance and doesnt even have a driving licence.. Dont ask why he told me- just because he thought i am a friend since he live in the same road.. I told him i ought to avoid him driving pass me, he laughed and said yea...

I walk home and report to the police even given his car registration and address.. next few days laters dad told me the lad got arrested and release in bails.. after the while i walk up and saw the lad, he approach to me and said did you grass me up - said what you mean?, he explained and i pretend well it is not me then he think it is someone else- he told me he got to go to court in mid april and believe he will get away with it... So far dad told me he got 6 months prison sentence...

So i can imagine if a person drive without insurance, licence and without permission then crash a car would probably face longer sentence..

How do you sleep at night knowing you got some one some jail time?
edd360
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
death by being spun around in a car until he dies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (191)
39.71%
No - but I will (29)
6.03%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.4%

Watched Threads