Is it better to phone or email the uni when you want to drop a subject? Watch

TheSmithsIndeed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Basically I took 4 A levels and would like to drop history. Usually I wouldn't mind self-teaching a subject (our teacher is not very good...) but I just feel with all the content that I won't get an A in it and it's not specifically included in my offer (must get AAA in any three subjects). I think it will be beneficial for my other subjects to drop it.

I know a lot of people will say there's no point but I don't see the lessons as wasted time since I was constantly practicing my essay skills etc. In hindsight, after my experience with history department last year (which is crap) I should have dropped it but c'est la vie.

Anyway, do you think I should phone or email my unis...I don't really know what the procedure is to drop a subject tbh? I'm also aware that they may take the offer back if I drop it which I definitely don't want, so if that happens can I just say that I'll carry on with the subject for the sake of the offer?

Any help would be much appreciated
splonk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If your offer states that you must get AAA in any three subjects and doesn't stipulate which subject, then it should not matter to the university. However, it would be a courtesy to let them know seeing as it formed part of your application.

I would e-mail rather than phone, simply because if you phone, chances are you would end up speaking to a person that wouldn't have a clue or would have to find out further information before giving you a definitive answer.

So e-mail them to let them know, but don't panic about your offer being withdrawn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads