What the **** is wrong with Student Finance?! Watch

Flying Cookie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've sent in my passport, certificate of civil partnership, and a note saying that i have no evidence for year abroad because i have no year abroad (and asked nicely to change my record, saying that in fact i will still be at uni).

They say they have returned my passport, and i still need to send in my civil partnership certificate and study abroad evidence.

WTF?! I cannot be bothered with their incompetence, and they'd better not have lost my civil partnership document, because i paid over £5 for special delivery.

I'm angry, what is their bliming issue, only one thing they have to do, and they f****** do it wrong.

edit: Also, I knew they'd be stupid, so I wrote a clear note, in Word, headed "IMPORTANT" in bold and underlined, so even the daftest **** would bloody notice it. Seriously, what is their problem???
hypocriticaljap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't understand why people send stuff to them special delivery. All that guarantees is that it arrives, not any further special treatment. They are as capable of losing stuff sent special delivery as stuff sent snail mail.
SharkofMirkwood
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well if you use special delivery, it just means for sure that they're the ones who lost it, not the postal service...
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yes but they will either
a) deny it was lost by them and was lost on return snail mail
or
b) say we lost it, so what!

Over the years I've read of loads of cases of passports going missing. I've never yet read of SFE paying for one to replaced!
Flying Cookie
Rep:
?
(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
I don't understand why people send stuff to them special delivery. All that guarantees is that it arrives, not any further special treatment. They are as capable of losing stuff sent special delivery as stuff sent snail mail.
They're capable of losing stuff, yes, how annoying is that?? They deal with documents, when you deal with documents, especially original ones, you do NOT bloody lose them?! What the hell are they paid for? A half-assed job that a 10-year old could do? Have they got no professionalism at all?

How dare they ignore my civil partnership certificate and the note saying IMPORTANT?! What ****ty service is that?
Flying Cookie
Rep:
?
(Original post by SharkofMirkwood)
Well if you use special delivery, it just means for sure that they're the ones who lost it, not the postal service...
Yes, and it means that they're held responsible for their mistake, so I don't get a lazy customer service **** tell me on the phone that the royal mail lost it.
Flying Cookie
Rep:
?
yes but they will either
a) deny it was lost by them and was lost on return snail mail
or
b) say we lost it, so what!

Over the years I've read of loads of cases of passports going missing. I've never yet read of SFE paying for one to replaced!
We lost it, so what?!

SO WHAT? So I will come down to their ****ty office and squirt a bottle of ketchup in their stupid faces. Their work standards are soooooooo looooooooow, I bet they're all a bunch of frustrated wanted-to-be actors/directors/advertisers, did a media studies degree, then got employed by the bloody student finance.
chambers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I sent my birth certificate in a couple of weeks ago and i just rang them up, apparently they haven't received it yet... hmmm.
Flying Cookie
Rep:
?
(Original post by chambers)
I sent my birth certificate in a couple of weeks ago and i just rang them up, apparently they haven't received it yet... hmmm.
Yes i know, that's why I thought special delivery is worth me not losing my crucial passport without which im F***ed. My civil partnership certificate would only cost a little if i had to get another one, and i wouldn't need it as much as my passport, but the idea that they lost it, and also the fact that they blatantly ignored my request to change my application details, is so annoying.
chambers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Now i've just noticed it says this under evidence summary: "We have returned...

your Original Birth Certificate with appropriate declaration on 03/05/2011"

So confused. They said earlier that they hadnt received it.
username547863
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah the memories of dealing with student finance.... their incompetance is skyhigh
Moooooooose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I sent my birth certificate several weeks ago and apparently they still haevn't received it. I feel your pain OP, they're useless.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So that SF can't go and say they never recieved it. If they lose it then it is their fault.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have no idea why they're able to get away with being so incompetent - stories like this pop up year after year and still nothing's done to make them any more efficient or reliable!
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
So that SF can't go and say they never recieved it. If they lose it then it is their fault.
As I replied to someone else who posted this, so what?
They can even claim that they returned stuff that must have been lost by the mail when they've lost it. You can't prove otherwise. What right to any compensation or special consideration do people think they have just because they can prove SFE received documents. I asked before, and ask again, has anyone ever heard of SFE paying for a replacement passport or birth certificate that they have lost?
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As I replied to someone else who posted this, so what?
They can even claim that they returned stuff that must have been lost by the mail when they've lost it. You can't prove otherwise. What right to any compensation or special consideration do people think they have just because they can prove SFE received documents. I asked before, and ask again, has anyone ever heard of SFE paying for a replacement passport or birth certificate that they have lost?

Well no but that wasn't the point I was making. I was pointing out that SF can't give the excuse they never recieved the documents if you send it via recorded delivery. They can say they've sent it back and it's lost there but then if they say that they simply shouldn't be able to ask for you to resend something again.
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But they can and they do, as I learnt from personal experience.
PortiaLovesMcqueen
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chambers)
Now i've just noticed it says this under evidence summary: "We have returned...

your Original Birth Certificate with appropriate declaration on 03/05/2011"

So confused. They said earlier that they hadnt received it.
That means they've lost it -_-

They do that alot, lost my aunts p60's TWICE
Flying Cookie
Rep:
?
What's the neg for? Does your mummy work for them? :indiff:
Flying Cookie
Rep:
?
UPDATE: I have received my passport and civil partnership certificate

However, the site still asks for my evidence, and my details are still incorrect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads