student finance application Watch

chambers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I completed the application the other day and sent off the evidence required and i've only just seen this table on the application page:

It said N/A for the maintenance grant, but i know i am eligible to receive it. Will this change? I don't want to have the application accepted and then not receive the grant.

Cheers!
chambers
Rep:
?
http://img546.imageshack.us/i/screen...0503at113.png/
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The other day?
it would take a fortnight minimum even without any bank holidays.
chambers
Rep:
?
Sorry, not the other day, a couple of weeks ago. But i'm not asking about that anyway, i just wanted to know why it says N/A as opposed to "Maximum".
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When you get awarded a grant it always says N/A, because you were assessed for it, you didn't ask for it..
chambers
Rep:
?
So im not eligible? My household income is definitely below the maximum allowed, and im positive my mom put that in the application..
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chambers)
So im not eligible? My household income is definitely below the maximum allowed, and im positive my mom put that in the application..
You don't request an amount of maintenance grant. They assess you and then give you the grant based on that assessment. Therefore under the Amount Requested heading it says N/A as you can't request an amount of grant, they will give you the amount you are entitled to based on the assessment.

So you are getting £1432.00 Maintenance grant, as it clearly states under the Amount you are entitled to column.
chambers
Rep:
?
Nice one mate! Sorry, its been a stressy day haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads