Anyone applied for GTP? Watch

SundayGirl.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know that the GTP route is very competitive and was wondering what sort of credentials you need to really be considered a good candidate... How much experience is needed? It would be great if anyone been through the process/know anyone who has and can give some tips.

Thanks in advance.
nikki_louise
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
one of my very close friends has just got onto the course in a portsmouth school for geography. he has been asked to just have a degree- no particular grade so could get a third! (although i am sure it is different for different gtp places).
as far as experience he just went back to his old school for two weeks in the geography department (he is doing a geography secondary gtp). he made sure for his interview that he had examples of the stuff he did while on his experience and i no the people who interviewed him were really interested in that.

hope that helps a bit
exmoorkatie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes I applied this year. I have worked as a cover supervisor/classroom support for a year, worked as a teaching assistant for children with autism in australia for 3 months and have over 6 years of experience working with children in a variety of roles and locations!

I also had the backing of my school... but I didn't even get an interview. Competitive it sure is! However, my subject isnt in demand and my local gtp provider is pretty small. You may have more luck if you apply with a larger provider/are wanting to teach maths/science. Hope this helps a little
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (207)
40.12%
No - but I will (32)
6.2%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
46.9%

Watched Threads