AQA Written Practical Exam Watch

DatBoiFuri
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I have a written exam tomorrow, based on a practical exam we did a couple of weeks ago, but I have pretty much zero knowledge on what the exam's about

Just wanted to know what it involves i.e. working out uncertainties etc. or is it just questions based on the practical like what does the gradient indicate? :confused:

BTW, mods please don't delete, I'm not discussing the actual exam, I just want to know what it's about - so exam help :rolleyes:

Please help.
DatBoiFuri
Rep:
?
Forgot to mention that it's for Physics *facepalm*
DatBoiFuri
Rep:
?
Anyone know?!
YeahitsSiobhan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hm wasn't exactly the one I did, but I'd imagine the papers are the same or very similar
The first few questions are specifically about the experiment you did, you'll probably be asked to measure uncertainties and then find overall inaccuracies etc.
The second part is a second experiment that is based around the one that you did, they might just change one bit slightly (thickness of wire instead of length maybe?) then you'll probably have to complete a table and a graph, find the gradient and averages etc. Probably have to compare your results to the new results to find out which are more reliable too
Then the final part is one question where you pretty much have to apply the experiment you did to a random situation that you're given. You have to describe an experiment that they could do to find out the information they want. For this bit things like 'repeat measurements' and safety points uuuusually gain marks...

I really hope I've described the right exam! If I haven't I'm really sorry!
DatBoiFuri
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help, much appreciated
don'tTRIP.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eeeek, mines on Wednesday :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads