UCAS extra Watch

W.H.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I came across UCAS extra as I was procastinating (as usual ), and to my surprise, quite alot of what I thought were fairly competitive courses are avaliable on it.

For example this is what I found after a quick browse:

birmingham, exeter, sheffield, southampton, york - law

cardiff, sheffield - history

nottingham, loughborough, leeds, KCL, bath - physics

newcastle, warwick - chemistry

I would've thought given the competitiveness of this UCAS cycle, there would be none of these courses left on ucas extra. In fact, I wouldn't have expected them to be avaliable last year or even a few years back.

So I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this? (espicially if you've been through ucas extra before)

Do you think this is actually genuine, I mean, I not too familiar with UCAS extra, does this mean they actually still have places now?
abbi.blythe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I guess so, but all Unis normally give out more offers than there is places, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm xxxxxxxxxxxxx
alfaromeo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Universities and UCAS can be a bit slow in updating the Extra status. It is very likely that these courses are no longer available through Extra (or even available in the first place). You will need to contact the individual admissions departments to check.
lrobbo89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's often because they've taken a slip on the league tables...I'm a first year Biochemist at Newcastle, moving to straight Chemistry in September and thus know they have taken a bit of a dive!
People rely far to heavily on league tables to make their University decisions but it should be noted that some of it is taken from student satisfaction and what suits one student does not suit another!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed