The Student Room Group

Grad students - advice please!

Poll

which way

Mainly for grad students, would appreciate any input.

I have been on a masters in cognitive neuroscience for the past year but my grandfather died so some hand in dates were missed etc. I assumed I would defer to next year and they have offered that so I assumed I would be doing that and haven't been working on it at all for the past month.
Thing is there might also be the chance of rushing it all now and just handing in all of the work late past the deadlines and getting mitigating circumstances.

So I am torn between not wanting to give up and waste a year, and, wanting to do a job properly (not rushed etc).

My aims for the future are either grad med (which I am applying for now) or a PhD. What would you do - assuming you want to do gradmed or a PhD.
Reply 1
If you want the best grade possible, defer. This would mean you would have a good chance of going somewhere well respected for future courses.

However, if you have offers already that you know you can still meet by doing a rush job, do that.
Reply 2
Original post by uhhuh88
If you want the best grade possible, defer. This would mean you would have a good chance of going somewhere well respected for future courses.

However, if you have offers already that you know you can still meet by doing a rush job, do that.

no other offers, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending