The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Up to you really.
Reply 2
it's like being on holiday here. :|
At the moment it's all play no work for me... :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Depends on what degree class you want. You'll have to do some work eventually, it just depends whether you take the 'little and often' apprach or just beast yourself for 2 months before exams. I took the latter. And had a great 2.5 years. The remaining .5 sucked big time!
All the arts students in my house seem to be work free zones.

I have great fun with electronics every lousy morning at 9:15 honestly I don't know why I bother no fun at all grr...

Ahem!
Reply 6
~*Sweetness*~

:dito:. It's not that there's not work...I just havent gotten around to actually doing much of it :redface:
Reply 7
Just think of super hard A-levels but with a LOT more time to do it in.
I currently have soooo much work to do!

But I am on TSR now, next I will probably sleep for a bit, go to symphony orchestra, come home, go to the bar for a bit and beat myself up tomorrow trying to get it all done.
~*Sweetness*~

What I like to hear! Let's all follow their example! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Depends :smile:

This week and next week are really bad for me in terms of lecture hoursUni is about fun though.. and the med motto 'work hard, play harder' sums it up :smile:
Work hard play hard, or more accurately drink your self into a stupor every weekend to forget the pain that you have endured during the week.
Reply 12
So it aint all about partys and sex and everyone getting on each other?
If you want to sleep with half the university, you can give it a go.

But that's personally not my idea of fun, so I don't. That's certainly not what it's all about.

Everyone has a different experience. While some people will be sleeping around, the university as a whole isn't a hotbed of depravity. While some people party 24/7, others don't go out at all. Most go for a happy medium on the party front...

i've had hard work the past few weeks, but all I have this week is one test. Nice :biggrin:
lukeharmz
So what is uni like then? is it all work no play?

HA!

Reverse that sentance.

Although I think everyone I know has decided to be good next term. We'll see how that goes.
Reply 15
After picking up a recent piece of coursework it is definitely going to be more work and no play for me! :frown:
Reply 16
When I started It was definately all Fun, Intill the work builds up, and they stick exams, Midterms and assesments at your door.. Im definately all work right now.. But Hey I get to go out tonight :biggrin:
Reply 17
Most people manage a balance. Either that or they party continually and work the night before an exam/coursework has to be handed in saying "Panic panic panic panic"
Reply 18
Poica
Most people manage a balance. Either that or they party continually and work the night before an exam/coursework has to be handed in saying "Panic panic panic panic"

The latter is really not a good strategy! If I did that I would die of a heart attack! I get stressed if I haven't finished the assignment a week before the due-in date lol.
Reply 19
nikk
The latter is really not a good strategy! If I did that I would die of a heart attack! I get stressed if I haven't finished the assignment a week before the due-in date lol.

Ha ha, I'm more organised than doing it the night before, but I have an essay in for Friday and I'm still researching!!

Latest

Trending

Trending