The Student Room Group

tell something really bad about bristol mechanical eng department

so i've heard all good about bristol untill now, specially its engineering department, but common even ucl and imperial have drawbacks in engineeering!

so please anyone who know's anything bad about bristol, that prospective students should know!! after all," knowledge shared is knowledge gained", or so i've heard.:cool::cool

now will u spill the beans already!???
(edited 12 years ago)
I am so following this thread!
Original post by + polarity -
There might just be too many girls...

The sarcasm hit me like a brick
Reply 3
Not engineering related, but the uni is sort of located in the middle of the city...

One of the lecturers is a bit of a nutter who promotes "intelligent design" creationism. http://www.evolutionnews.org/2007/02/professor_burgess_interviewed003156.html
Reply 5
following this thread too! Bristol is going to be my first choice if Cambridge reject me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by strategist
following this thread too! Bristol is going to be my first choice if Cambridge reject me.

What about Imperial? And the thing i dont understand is, that Sheffield is ranked higher than Bristol in ALL national rankings Ive seen for Mechanical but ppl on TSR still say Bristol is better.. Im having a hard time understanding this. I know that League tables arent reliable and all but still, what is it about bristol which is makes it so special?? Sorry, im an international student so dont know much about the uni's, but im in a dilemma between the two for mechanical myself... :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by theoriginal9321
What about Imperial? And the thing i dont understand is, that Sheffield is ranked higher than Bristol in ALL national rankings Ive seen for Mechanical but ppl on TSR still say Bristol is better.. Im having a hard time understanding this. I know that League tables arent reliable and all but still, what is it about bristol which is makes it so special?? Sorry, im an international student so dont know much about the uni's, but im in a dilemma between the two for mechanical myself... :tongue:

Rankings are not the be all and end all.
Most ranking systems have different criteria, so comparing rankings from 2 different sources can be unreliable.
Bristol and Sheffield are BOTH very, very good Universities so you would do well to get accepted into either of them.
Bristol is more reputed than Sheffield, both domestically and internationally. (if you look for that)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending