EU Law - Free Movement of Goods Watch

saiwa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am having an incredibly hard time working through this particular part of my problem question. I can't decide for the life of me whether it is a total or partial ban (Geddo) for a QR, or if it is an MHEE, indistinctly applicable product requirement (Cassis) and (Trailers). I am in a panic!

Here is the part I am working with:

'Finland has recently passed a new law regulating motor vehicles. The law contains 3 elements. First, all new vehicles sold in Finland must contain a device that limits the maximum, speed of the vehicle to 70mph.'

Now, I am thinking obviously it is a product requirement. In which case, I can go through MHEE with the Trailers case. However, wouldn't the device be a part of the manufacturing process - which is not covered by Article 34.

Then, I am thinking it could be a QR because it is a partial ban on the cars imported (and made domestically). I can't say it is a total ban, because cars can still be imported, but only if they comply with the device requirement.

I am leaning towards MHEE and that it is an indistinctly applicable product requirement, and then going through the trailers route, but then I get stuck on picking the correct route. Ugh.

If anyone can help push me in the right direction with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 8(
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (25)
49.02%
No - but I will (1)
1.96%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (24)
47.06%

Watched Threads