Re-applying Watch

Merlin55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I failed my OASC Aptitude Tests in January. The letter reads that 'you may re-sit the tests a year from now' which read to me that I could re-apply (in a few months) and sit the AST, P2 and filter interview and then wait for January for OASC. I've recently been told I can't start an application till January.

Just wondered if someone could give me some clarity on the procedure for re-application.

Thanks.
threeportdrift
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Merlin55)
I failed my OASC Aptitude Tests in January. The letter reads that 'you may re-sit the tests a year from now' which read to me that I could re-apply (in a few months) and sit the AST, P2 and filter interview and then wait for January for OASC. I've recently been told I can't start an application till January.

Just wondered if someone could give me some clarity on the procedure for re-application.

Thanks.
You can re-apply when the AFCO say you can re-apply. They will weigh that against what the demand for your branch is and how many people they need to put through the process to fill those places. They can make up their own rules and apply their own interpretation, so there is no point in searching for 'clarity on the procedure' from non-AFCO people.
Merlin55
Rep:
?
If its down to individual AFCOs then that's fine, I was just unsure as the letter read different. Thanks anyhow.
jacet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Merlin55)
If its down to individual AFCOs then that's fine, I was just unsure as the letter read different. Thanks anyhow.
It can be quite confusing, I'm in the same situation. Went to the AFCO after failing and they told me that it was up to the RAF careers hotline (the one you phone to register your interest) so I phoned them and they told me it was up to the AFCO and recommended that I asked to speak to somebody else when I went back. When I went back I spoke to somebody else who told me I could retake the tests in 6 months (I think he was a bit confused) but I eventually got through to the person in charge of phase 2 applications who told me when I should re-apply.
In short I'm trying to time it so that I can redo my filter interview etc to allow me to go back to OASC as soon as possible, however as I've discovered trying to predict time-scales in the recruitment process is... tricky!
All in all rather confusing, but at least it gives us the opportunity to continue to prepare and develop ourselves for when we get back there!
Merlin55
Rep:
?
It definately isnt clear. Ill ring again September/October time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.34%
No - but I will (25)
5.49%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.03%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (219)
48.13%

Watched Threads