blackberry or iphone? Watch

efn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i'm not getting that silly playstation phone considering how poorly the whole network was bypassed...

so my opinion is that blackberry is far better then a iphone because it has bbm :awesome:, and is just better in every way possible then the iphone

do you have an iphone or blackberry?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
and is just better in every way possible then the iphone
You trolling sir?

But yeah, iPhones are better than blackberries. BBM will soon hit iOS and Android, pretty much rendering BBs entirely inferior to the iPhone in every regard unless you live in your email inbox. That's literally the only redeeming feature they have over an iOS or Android device, an opinion you'll find most people agree on.

Of course it comes down to actual user and what they need. What do you want a BlackBerry for, aside from BBM, and how do you feel it beats the iPhone/Android handsets in that regard?
efn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
You trolling sir?

But yeah, iPhones are better than blackberries. BBM will soon hit iOS and Android, pretty much rendering BBs entirely inferior to the iPhone in every regard unless you live in your email inbox. That's literally the only redeeming feature they have over an iOS or Android device, an opinion you'll find most people agree on.

Of course it comes down to actual user and what they need. What do you want a BlackBerry for, aside from BBM, and how do you feel it beats the iPhone/Android handsets in that regard?
So it will come on the iphone? I haven't heard about that

my girlfriend owns a BB and i've tried and tested it, it seems pretty cool plus i use a mobile for texting alot which I heard bb is very good for.
beefmaster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have had both.

The only reason I prefer my BB at the moment is that my work gave it to me for free.

If it was my choice I would still have an iPhone for personal use.
A.galloway
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)

my girlfriend owns a BB and i've tried and tested it, it seems pretty cool plus i use a mobile for texting alot which I heard bb is very good for.
There are already versions of BBM messenger on the apple and android app store, such as Whatsapp, which unlike BBM is cross platform. And its free.
markuk99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its all about android or iphone these days. Nobody gets blackberries anymore as they're inferior in every single way for a home a user by a huge margin
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
Yes, sources within RIM have confirmed it will be arriving to the other operating systems some time in the near future;
http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/03/exclus...droid-and-ios/

The only thing that makes blackberries better is if you like physical keyboards. iPhones and other smartphones display full QWERTY keyboards on their screens, can be made larger by switching to landscape, and come with the benefit of auto-correct. Unless you like the tactile feedback of actual buttons, odds are you may find a capacitive screen's keyboard equally enjoyable to use. I personally can't stand texting on my brother's blackberry, and he prefers using my iPhone too. Go into an Apple store and try one out, and try the same for Android devices in other retailers, you may find them superior.

EDIT: ANd if you do really like physical keyboards, there are Android phones with them too.
alittlehelp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by markuk99)
its all about android or iphone these days. Nobody gets blackberries anymore as they're inferior in every single way for a home a user by a huge margin
yeah, team htc at the moment
Josh_Hughes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Isn't BBM the same as texting, and both phones will come with unlimited texts on contract, even PAYG tariffs come with unlimited texts for peanuts every month...If you really have a grudge against texting though you could use WLM or Facebook? BBM just seems completely redundant to me especially when you can only talk to other people with Blackberries
efn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Yes, sources within RIM have confirmed it will be arriving to the other operating systems some time in the near future;
http://www.bgr.com/2011/03/03/exclus...droid-and-ios/

The only thing that makes blackberries better is if you like physical keyboards. iPhones and other smartphones display full QWERTY keyboards on their screens, can be made larger by switching to landscape, and come with the benefit of auto-correct. Unless you like the tactile feedback of actual buttons, odds are you may find a capacitive screen's keyboard equally enjoyable to use. I personally can't stand texting on my brother's blackberry, and he prefers using my iPhone too. Go into an Apple store and try one out, and try the same for Android devices in other retailers, you may find them superior.
what are android phones good for?
IlexBlue
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neither.

Don't be a mindless tool.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
The same things as the iPhone really, apps, internet, media, email, standard smartphone fare. Think of it like the comparison between Windows and Mac OS X, they both do the same things but take different approaches to it. Android phones are a lot more customisable, but iPhones have better app support and is a more unified operating system. Spending a small amount of time trying out both should allow you to quickly get a feel for what you prefer.
markuk99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Y

The only thing that makes blackberries better is if you like physical keyboards. .
android phones are available that have keyboards (as well as being superior in every other aspect)
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by markuk99)
android phones are available that have keyboards (as well as being superior in every other aspect)
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Not better in every aspect though.
mysterd
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Live Profile is the next big thing mate, check your FB; Live Profile PINs flying left right and centre.
markuk99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only real thing blackberry has as an advtantage is the enterprise server for large companies who buy multiple blackberies for their staff. Great for employers getting phones for staff.

However for end users..what is there other than the global push service that can be swapped for MS exchange push on any smartphone anyway.

in every other aspect, a blackberry is way way behind all other normal smart phones, in aspects such as processor, speed, screen resolution, screen size, camera, media playback, number of apps, quality of app store, cloud services, web browsing, and most importantly User Interface and Experience
markuk99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
ts not about iphone OR blackberry these days (and hasnt been for about a year now). It's about whether to get an Android phone or an iPhone.

Which one you get depends on your requirements.

Top end android phones are better than the iphone for web browsing, email, texting, facebook and social networking, more free apps in the app store, dynamic widgets on the homescreen making the things you want to accesss accessible even quicker, much better notification system, and more sophisticated multitasking. They are also cheaper slightly, and come in different shapes and sizes to suit your needs even more, so you could have one that has a very big screen as an additional advantage over the iphone, or you could have one that has an exceptional 8mp camera as an additional advantage over the iphone. Or one with a keyboard.

iphone4 is better if you have a specific requirement for 100s of high quality games and are prepared to make a sacrifice on all the other features of your phone to get that. Android only has about 50 high end top quality PSP type games. Iphone has about double that.

the only other advanatge an iphone can have is that because it cant do very much, its just a basic app launcher, it means things are extremely simple. On android, you can do much more which takes a small learning curve.. however the beauty is, from a base level, an android phone can initially be used just like an iphone as a basic app launcher... ie, you dont *need* to customise your homescreens with widgets for example, or download a free app that gives you any music you want, downloaded instantly for free. The difference as a techblog put it, the iphone is like a ford fiesta. ANdroid phones are more like a ferrari, they take a little extra time to handle and learn but its massively more rewarding, and if you had to get a car for your granny, it would be the ford fiesta, for its basicness.
SammyDoo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Blackberry!!!!!!I mean, Iphones all basically look the same!! BBs rule!
WhiteIphone4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What is this, I don't even...
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBM ****s up quite a lot, i'd prefer to have an iphone also there's live profile on it now so u can still talk to people who have bb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads