Sense of humor: how far can you go? Watch

koncha*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello! Thought I'd make my first thread on Tsr!

I wanted to know what are your ideas on what jokes are funny and what are just over the edge?

For me personally I think that many people don't get the type of sense of humor that I have. I really feel sick of the kind of jokes that everyone's throwing around just because there is nothing better to say. You know, those that you have heard already a thousand times. So I have this kind of crazy approach to being funny, lol. Like one of my close friends was called "mackerel" by one of our teachers by mistake, so I thought it would be hilarious to give a can of mackerel for her birthday as a joke. My friend didn't speek to me for two weeks :confused: and every time I'm telling this to someone, they start to think of me as a really mean person for not considering her feelings or something, etc.

So what do you think? How often do you just goof around, make silly jokes, etc? What is your sense of humor like?
efn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Funny: You have nice boobs, may I?

Crossing the line: Slaps her arse and grabs her tits, while making a face like this :sexface:

Cross the line: telling her to come outside and getting her into an alley then raping her
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your friend who didn't talk to you for 2 weeks sounds pathetic. I thought that was funny.

Edit: why the hell does everyone seem to get SO easily offended these days?
Lewroll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Over the years I've found making fun of someones mum is off limits. I learnt that the hard way...
edd360
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I draw the line at paedophilic, incestuous rape.
koncha*
Rep:
?
(Original post by LostRiots)
why the hell does everyone seem to get SO easily offended these days?
Well that's my point, I don't really see the big deal! Sure, if the joke is intended to hurt the person, I wouldn't feel good about it. But sometimes it seems that people have built their egos so high that they cannot take a healthy joke about anything concerning them.
Milky Milk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Witty comments > Punchline Jokes

But I tend to find a lot of things funny. It's probably bad to admit but dirty/racism/offensive jokes/comments can actually be the funniest...:ninja:
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
Over the years I've found making fun of someones mum is off limits. I learnt that the hard way...
Not if they hate their mum :awesome:
koncha*
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mm_Minty)
Actually I think it counts off limits even if they DO hate their mother
Lewroll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mm_Minty)
You ever told a 'your mum' joke and had the guy say 'my mums dead'?

O_O
Vitamin Sea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bit much if a close friend took offence to that. Tell her to grow a pair..err..metaphorically speaking, of course.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by koncha*)
Actually I think it counts off limits even if they DO hate their mother
Not with my friends :rofl:

(Original post by Lewroll)
You ever told a 'your mum' joke and had the guy say 'my mums dead'?

O_O
Thankfully not. I could imagine how painfully awkward that would be!
Akeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In college I had a majority black class and I used to get away with a lot of borderline racist jokes, they could take jokes so we all had fun.
yituool
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by efn)
Funny: You have nice boobs, may I?

Crossing the line: Slaps her arse and grabs her tits, while making a face like this :sexface:

Cross the line: telling her to come outside and getting her into an alley then raping her
None of those examples are funny, or inappropriate.
DisconcertingWink1
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Well, I tend to think no subject is off-limits with regard to humour, but you can be inappropiate.

An example:

When I was in Year 10, we studied Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. In one lesson we were recounting the main events of the story, and we came to the love scene. My teacher asked what occured after the love scene, to which I replied, "Juliet took the morning-after pill." Now, to my mind, that's bloody funny, but it's also bloody inappropriate i.e. it could have been appreciated in a different setting/situation, but the circumstances in which it was said were inappropriate.
justinsmith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wave your penis around pretending its a lightsaber, always funny!
DisconcertingWink1
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by justinsmith)
Wave your penis around pretending its a lightsaber, always funny!
Phil Jupitus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed