Turn on thread page Beta

I failed...again watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    just failed my second test this morning...
    the first time i failed on reverse round corner and emergency stop...skidded (oops!) and i got 4 minors. today i failed on putting left signal on before roundabout when i was taking second left exit and i skidded on emergency stop again (although there was a lot of standing water on the road). i got 12 minors too, which is shocking! i'd actually thought i'd passed when i finished as my maneouvres were perfect. :-(

i'm feeling really depressed about it now coz i know i'm good enough but during the test i make silly mistakes...hope i pass next time but dunno...thought i would this time!!

how can you not skid on emergency stops?

ReputationRep:
    does the car have ABS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bottekrank)
    just failed my second test this morning...
    the first time i failed on reverse round corner and emergency stop...skidded (oops!) and i got 4 minors. today i failed on putting left signal on before roundabout when i was taking second left exit and i skidded on emergency stop again (although there was a lot of standing water on the road). i got 12 minors too, which is shocking! i'd actually thought i'd passed when i finished as my maneouvres were perfect. :-(

i'm feeling really depressed about it now coz i know i'm good enough but during the test i make silly mistakes...hope i pass next time but dunno...thought i would this time!!

how can you not skid on emergency stops?
    Don't worry, third time lucky. Its the same for me as well, i'll be taking my 3rd test on 6th January next year

ReputationRep:
    Well the brakes locked up when i did an emergency stop if that answers the question

ReputationRep:
    Try not stepping as hard on the breaks. If you exert a sudden intense forse on the break pags, your wheels tend to skid.

ReputationRep:
    braking then shoving the clutch down should help stop the skidding on emergency stops.

ReputationRep:
    Clutch won't affect skidding, use cadence braking

ReputationRep:
    Right your going to want, to quickly pull up the handbrake and do a full right turn. Ok that was a joke, dont even try that.

Just let go of the accelerator and apply firm steady pressure onto the brakes (dont just slam your foot down or you could lock the wheel), keep both hands on the steering wheel, try to avoid putting your foot down on the clutch till the very end because I am told this dampens the braking effect slightly. On normal conditions your most likely to skid if you make the mistake of steering whilst braking, so try keep the wheel steady. If you begin to skid take your foot off the brake pedal and reapply quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I failed too today I had the most miserable horrible examiner ever. I think he had a bad day and took it out on the people he tests. I got 2 serious and 1 dangerous!!! :eek: 2 of which weren't even my fault. :rolleyes:

The first serious was because when doing parallel parking I hit the kerb, but I stopped and secured the car and asked if I could do it again, which everyone had told me to do as they should let you do it again, so I tried again and did it perfectly, but he still failed me! Git! He shouldn't have let me do it again! Then I was on a 2-lane road, where one lane turned into a bus lane so I had to move over. As I was pulling over it was clear, but a woman behind me decided that she would try to get out and in front of me, resulting in a dangerous! And for the last serious the git didn't tell me that after coming off the roundabout I should get in the right lane as we would be turning right...so I went to move over into the left lane, and he told me I should be on the right when it was too late!

Aaargh I am sooo disappointed...I only got 4 minors aswell. I was just unlucky with the examiner.

ReputationRep:
    i failed my first test yesterday i got two serious and 3 minors hmmph. my serious i thought were harsh but oh well, one of them was for having to break harsh when a car suddenly stopped despite by the examiners words keeping the 2 second gap and within the speed limit, and the second she asked me to pull up at a blind junction, so when i pulled off i thought it would be best to signal, i did all my checks and nothing was there, pulled off and boy racers came along and cut me up half way through pulling off and i got a serious for observation. and to top it off i have to wait until 26th jan for another test as everywhere is booked up.

ReputationRep:
    Dan_black. That's awful luck about the boy racers. Keep checking the DSA sitefor cancellations.

ReputationRep:
    Dan_black. That's awful luck about the boy racers. Keep checking the DSA sitefor cancellations.

ReputationRep:
    i couldnt believe it, i mean the witch getting me to pull up at a blind junction i just knew something was going to happer

ReputationRep:
    i couldnt believe it, i mean the witch getting me to pull up at a blind junction i just knew something was going to happer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_black)
    i failed my first test yesterday i got two serious and 3 minors hmmph. my serious i thought were harsh but oh well, one of them was for having to break harsh when a car suddenly stopped despite by the examiners words keeping the 2 second gap and within the speed limit, and the second she asked me to pull up at a blind junction, so when i pulled off i thought it would be best to signal, i did all my checks and nothing was there, pulled off and boy racers came along and cut me up half way through pulling off and i got a serious for observation. and to top it off i have to wait until 26th jan for another test as everywhere is booked up.
    keep ringing up for cancellations, if you call everyday theyll get to know you and youll get something sooner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_black)
    keep ringing up for cancellations, if you call everyday theyll get to know you and youll get something sooner

ReputationRep:
    what is a blind junction?

ReputationRep:
    what is a blind junction?

ReputationRep:
    Where you can't easily see cars coming down the road

ReputationRep:
    Where you can't easily see cars coming down the road

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.