I always twitch and look around and fidget in public I must look like a weirdo... Watch

Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Do I have ADHD or something similar?

I find that whenever someone's lecturing me specifically (not in lectures I'm ok with those) I always get bored and uninterested and look around the room like every lad did when he would get told off at school. Also in public I am constantly looking around looking at each individual person trying to identify them to see if I know them, and I do so like an owl because my head moves so fast as I look around. I was just wondering if I did have ADHD or something because I know I am a bit weird but find sometimes I lose interest and seem hyper at the same time - although at other times I have absolutely no energy at all not even enough to talk to another person sometimes so I just mumble and try to end the conversation.

I know for a fact I have the following disabilities though I haven't ever been formally diagnosed:
- OCD (pretty serious)
- Asperger's (fairly mild)
- Autism (mild)
- Cyclothymia (pretty bad but not quite bipolar)

So could it be due one or a combination of these or might I also have ADHD?

I'd quite like to have mild ADHD as I think it's quite cool and I think me looking around as I do now makes me look cool already because it shows I'm not slow and I'm not a complete stoner (even though I do smoke) but rather that I am smart and thinking about a lot of stuff at once.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol, staring at folks to see if you know them, you can tell people you know from 100's of metres away.
Bardem
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah, just weird. It dosen't sound very serious.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
Lol, staring at folks to see if you know them, you can tell people you know from 100's of metres away.
I wear eyeglasses and even then my eyesight still isn't that good.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
I wear eyeglasses and even then my eyesight still isn't that good.
Oh sorry dude, go doctors, get diagnosed.... or whatever they do :P
Steezy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, acting like a crack head is wicked! I want ADHD
justinsmith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Might want to add hypochondriac to that list mate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads