Friend on university course found dead... Watch

lord_denning
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi - I didn't really know this person extremely well to be a best fried, but nevertheless they were a friend, but I would often see her around university and sit next to her/chat to her as she was invovled in similar societies.
She was also on my course.

The university informed us of her death but did not elaborate on the causes and nobody knows what happened, despite her dying two weeks ago and she is now buried.

I can't revise today at all; it's so distracting and very sad indeed.

I don't really know how to feel - it's not like a family member or best friend has died but someone I nevertheless knew and was a perfectly nice and happy individual. My exams are in like a week and I've lost a day of revision and feel like I should be ploughing on and putting this to one side.

Also - their facebook seems to have disappeared along with her...why would Facebook do that?
one-final-hit
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lord_denning)

Also - their facebook seems to have disappeared along with her...why would Facebook do that?
Trolls.
lord_denning
Rep:
?
(Original post by one-final-hit)
Trolls.
Excuse me?
Sommerfugl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
thats awful, when someone died on my school the class he was in was all offered psychiatrist help, dont you have some similar offer ?
lord_denning
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sommerfugl)
thats awful, when someone died on my school the class he was in was all offered psychiatrist help, dont you have some similar offer ?
They did offer all the services but I'm not grieving per se as we weren't best friends, but I knew her well - I just feel very distressed and sad.

Why have facebook deleted their profile..?
francescafrancesca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hear. Even though you were not close I can understand you being shocked. Facebook sometimes deletes people if they've died because it upsets people when they come up in like "memorable statuses" stuff like that
Faustus Fotherby
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Someone I vaguely knew from school died at his uni the other day - I didn't know him well but he was still such a nice person.

Was really odd finding out though cos I was absently scrolling down my Facebook news feed and it said that 21 people had written on his wall and I was like "Did I miss his birthday?" then I checked and they were all RIP messages :-/
rbnphlp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi - I didn't really know this person extremely well to be a best fried, but nevertheless they were a friend, but I would often see her around university and sit next to her/chat to her as she was invovled in similar societies.
She was also on my course.

The university informed us of her death but did not elaborate on the causes and nobody knows what happened, despite her dying two weeks ago and she is now buried.

I can't revise today at all; it's so distracting and very sad indeed.

I don't really know how to feel - it's not like a family member or best friend has died but someone I nevertheless knew and was a perfectly nice and happy individual. My exams are in like a week and I've lost a day of revision and feel like I should be ploughing on and putting this to one side.
How is posting this on TSR(bunch of strangers) going to help you ?..Oh I see you want sympathy

Instead of finding out the reason behind your friend's death ..you seemed to be worried about Why did their fb profile get deleted when they died ?..:holmes:
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe it was to the request of her parents but usually many sad people like to go to the facebook pages of the recently deceased and post offensive comments so maybe facebook is trying to stop this too.
lord_denning
Rep:
?
Just can't believe it still
Sommerfugl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They did offer all the services but I'm not grieving per se as we weren't best friends, but I knew her well - I just feel very distressed and sad.

doesnt matter if youre grieving or not, if you feel bad about it you have the right to go talk to someone.. Theres no special limit of sadness you need for it..

And probably deleted it cause someone told them to ? Like her parents etc..
Kattt_452
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My friend from uni died, last year, so if you want talk just send me a pm. I am so sorry...
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same thing happened to me last year - not in my uni course, I knew him from when we were both kids. We weren't friends but would say hello if we saw each other, I think he was more friendly with my dad actually, lived opposite me, about 2 years older.

Then about a week before one of my exams he was murdered, it was horrible, they haven't caught the killers even though his murder has been on crimewatch. His mum/sisters were really nice, I saw his mum a while ago but she didn't want to talk. Hope you feel better soon OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise