Architecture (K100) - Cardiff Vs Liverpool Vs Oxford Brooks Watch

chenyve
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,
I got offer into architecture course (K100), second year, of these three universities. Now, having a difficult time to choose which one to go. I like the architecture studio in Liverpool, but it seems Cardiff has a better course. (it is better in rankings.)

I am planning to do the stage 2 at architectural association school, so I wish to know which school will make me be better prepare for AA? And I am interested to know anything about these three schools or the cities.
( I am an international student, so impossible for me to visit the school before I make a firm choice on UCAS.)

Thankssss
Ex Death
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Brookes would probably be better preparation for the AA but Cardiff is overall better.
heartskippedabeat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cardiff :yep:
KeyserNI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You make the AA sound like Valhalla and Cardiff/Brookes are the Little Chef on the A456.
SchadenfreudeDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They're all ranked in the top 10 so I imagine the differences between them are negligible.

I'd go for Cardiff, though. Simply based on its overall rep.
mageetron
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go for Cardiff! I'm going there as well for architecture this september!
where do you come from?
chenyve
Rep:
?
(Original post by mageetron)
Go for Cardiff! I'm going there as well for architecture this september!
where do you come from?
Originally from China, but spend most of my life in Singapore. So, I am come from Asia.
chenyve
Rep:
?
(Original post by KeyserNI)
You make the AA sound like Valhalla and Cardiff/Brookes are the Little Chef on the A456.
It's just personal. I like AA, cos i am more familiar with them. Heard a lot o things from my lectures and seniors.
jrhartley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chenyve)
It's just personal. I like AA, cos i am more familiar with them. Heard a lot o things from my lectures and seniors.
The AA does a good job of marketing itself with international students.... they certainly love their overseas $$$ at Bedford Square, that much is sure.
KeyserNI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jrhartley)
The AA does a good job of marketing itself with international students.... they certainly love their overseas $$$ at Bedford Square, that much is sure.
That's true but every school loves their oversea's $$$. I hate to say if but judging from some foreign students work I've seen the entrance standards are definitely lower but then it's not really the same.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads