Robot Wars Watch

sicarius1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
After I was reminded about the show by this thread -> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1625793 I feel like reminiscing about the greatest show ever :cool:

So do we have any fans here? Your favourite bots (house and/or competing)? Ideas for a new series?

Competing: Hypno-Disc
House: Dead Metal

Right Guard 3.D
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sicarius1992)
x
Coincidently my favourite robots in terms of competing and house.

I did also like razer, thats a close second behind Hypno-Disc.

All through easter hols Robot Wars was on Dave
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's on Dave every now and then (Think I watched every RW and top gear episode last summer in the caravan instead of doing things people do on holiday.)

Hypnodisk is amazing, as is Razor and of course the legend that is panic attack.

This takes me right back to being a child.
Robot wars, scrapheap challenge and time team were some of my favourite programs back in the day.
Matthew_Lowson
Badges: 17
Report 7 years ago
Ah, something that reminds me of my youth! - That said, I still make sure I watch it if I can on Dave
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

It's the fight we all wanted. Those two and Razor were just awesome.

Fun fact: Razor had holes in it due to the robot being otherwise too heavy!
TheLouisVuittonDon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I imagine 90% of TSR members masturbate over the thought of Robot Wars. I wouldn't be surprised if some members were actually on the show.
bear54
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow haven't seen these in ages. I think I have a book of all the top seeds somewhere with all their stats
yituool
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just listen to the way he says "stinger". Northerners are so funny.
HpFreak_Amy7192
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Love love love RW. Dave and Challenge are my favourite channels to watch at home (can't get Dave at uni).

Competing robots: Behemoth, Tornado, Thermidor II (never liked Razer)
House Robots: Poor Sergeant Bash, and Growler

I'm currently making my way through the Extreme episodes on YouTube before I start watching the actual "wars". The University Challenge episode that I saw was pretty good.

EDIT: and to think JP made his way over to Hole in the Wall......
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)

It's the fight we all wanted. Those two and Razor were just awesome.

Fun fact: Razor had holes in it due to the robot being otherwise too heavy!
Hahahaha :top: So true
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah Robot Wars

Tornado and Razer were my favourite.

It was part of an epic BBC2 lineup after 6pm that comprised of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Malcolm and in the middle and simpsons throughout the years.

I even had the game on PS1 lol great memories!
Dan3va
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
DIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the single greatest robot in robot wars
hogso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cracking show. Saw all of them from the beginning, and I also have very fond memories of it being on BBC2 alongside Simpsons and Fresh Prince.

I remember Chaos2 flipping a robot out of the arena for the first time ever and being stunned, and the first robots that had 'SRI-MECHS' and thinking it was genius

Is it only the Extreme series that is on Dave now? It seems to be those 2 series whenever I see it. I'd love to rewatch all the old wars though, they've never been given a DVD (or VHS for that matter) release. The first one wasn't that good though, it had Jeremy Clarkson on it, and the first round (if memory serves) was an obstacle course. Who wants to see an obstacle course? Let the waaaaaars begin.

My favourite robot was Mortis, had an axe and treads rather than wheels. Cost £30k...and always did ****. My tech teacher at school was on it, and used to store his robot at school between and after competitions. It was called Behemoth. In the early years it was pretty good, but in the later ones it was left behind as all the rest got better. It's life ended with one of Sir Killalot's most destructive smashings :h:

Pretty scary how well I remember it actually...
Teaddict
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Obviously.
robodude789
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Razer for the win, also Craig charles leather jacket :lolwut:
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Razer was ****ing awesome.
lankymax
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teaddict)

Obviously.
:ditto:
mjharmstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Always loved Razer and supported it, as well as loving Sir Killalot for the House Robots. One of the guys in the year above me at school went to uni this year and is actually taught by the guy with a beard who was the head judge when it went to judges' decisions!
Googleplex66
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always liked the guy in charge of Chaos II who was just about to break his voice (depite being about 30 lol). It was hilarious because he never new how he'd sound when he talked, if it'd be high or low...many lols at fighting talk with a squeaky voice :P

Favourite robot though? Hypnodisc, hands down!
NOBODY MOVE!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i dislike the fact that 'dave' channel only shows the extreme series 1&2 sporadically,and never any of the main series/events. i have to go onto youtube to find battles im after.

my favourite ones,most of which are from earlier series:
HYPNODISC

KILLERTRON

WILDTHING

ROADBLOCK

.....ROBOCHICKEN! :'DDDDD

im also proud to admit that i have special dislike for tornado.........i dont care if it had 4wheel drive and could push stuff, it was boring and the team was one of the most embarassingly geeky.

xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (541)
37.73%
No - but I will (112)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (97)
6.76%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.7%

Watched Threads