My Exeter Application Watch

Oil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey all, I'm new here.

I've firmed an offer from Exeter for accounting and finance- 36 IB points.
Thing is, I'm only predicted 33 points. Now on UCAS it that they'd offer 33 to 36, so fair enough.

But I don't know how to interpret the huge difference... I mean it's ridiculously hard to go up 3 points in 6 months and maintain the grades you're already at. My subjects and predictions are
Higher
English- 5
Chemistry- 6
Biology- 6

Standard
Maths- 6
Economics- 5
French- 4

I've been thinking it's basically a rejection but maybe they just like the IB and wanted me to work hard? What do you guys think?

-Sorry if that all seems a little flustered
jthlm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it sounds like they'd be willing to accept you if you managed to get 36 points but if you miss the offer you won't get in. i doubt they'd give you an offer of 36 but then let you in anyway if you got 33, even if the entry requirements say 33-36 or whatever. the only number that matters is what you were given by them. if you've got your heart set on exeter, talk to your teachers and see if they have any advice or think that it's even achievable for you to go up by three points now if not, you could always firm it but have your insurance somewhere you wouldn't mind going if it seems likely you won't get into exeter.

all the best
Oil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for the input
Really hope I can up maths, economics and ToK. I think English is down the drain after today
jthlm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oil)
Thanks for the input
Really hope I can up maths, economics and ToK. I think English is down the drain after today
think positively i'm sure you can do it. good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads