Turn on thread page Beta

'safety' camera placement rules watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samie)
    its so i can start saving up the £60 for the fine.....
    Well i would get saving just incase. Its better to save £60 and not get a fine than get a fine and not have £60 saved up.

ReputationRep:
    Insurance doesn't go up as much as you'd expect with 3 points for speeding, even when you're young. I'd be surprised if it went up by more than a tenner (if at all). The insurance companies are so used to people being caught speeding that they don't tend to bother until the second offence.

(Original post by samie)
    i need a bit of help, i was doin 40 in a 30 and didnt notice the camera until i was about 3-4 meters past it(about half way on those lines) when i slammed the brakes?? what are the odds im gettin 3 points?? i didnt notice it flash...was daytime
    look for a thread in motoring by me which has loads of links to speed related sites

(Original post by samie)
    i have only bin drivin 3 months, and will affect my no claims as i am on a 9 month fast track thing where i get my no-claims quicker. have 2 wait and see...how long does it usually take to get a reply??
    you must get it within 14 days, otherwise they cant do anything about it (altho i think there covered for postal delays, but if there letter is dated over 14 days since the time it caught you, just write a letter telling them to **** off.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    There was nothing behind me but even with my skills, I would not have been able to stop the car on the sheet ice with the distance that I had. And I was not speeding lol... (makes a change for me)
    Were you driving at the limit? That isn't always advisable, depending on the weather, so even without speeding you may have been driving too fast?

ReputationRep:
    No, I was doing about 20 - that's part of the reason that the camera went off. If I was at the limit, I probably would have got through the junction in time as I was only a few metres in front of the lights as they started to change.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.