The Student Room Group

2011 Vet clearing places

have applied to veterinary this year but got declined from all my choices, now wondering if there is any chance of getting a place through clearing?
They don't go through clearing I'm afraid.
no chance whatsoever :-( Best options are reapplying with better work experience/grades or looking abroad if you dont want to reapply. If you definitely want to do vet i would advise against doing another degree and trying for graduate entry, its mega expensive and even more competitive.
Reply 3
I got in through "Vet clearing" as such but it's rare- they pick you. Best chance is to build on your work ex in a gap year, get your grades and reapply. If you applied to Nottingham first time, don't reapply 2nd time as they're funny about that and check to see what unis accept resits if you're going to resit.
Reply 4
Just to echo what has been said above. There is someone in my year who got no offers and was all set to take a gap year. They then got 4 A's (this was in the days before A*) and they got a phone call offering them a place after someone else had missed their grades. This is definately the exception to the rule however and i imagine they must have been borderline to be given an offer in the first place. I'd take a gap year, build up your work experience and reapply next year with your grades in hand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending