Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im glad it wasnt desmond that died. The guys' a Celtic fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie_90)
    I was thinking that the 4 toed statue (that I thought was the lamest twist/revelation ever by Sayid " don't know what I find more disquieting: the fact that the rest of the statue is missing, or that it has four toes.") would have something to do with Charlotte's birthplace that she is seemingly looking for...like her ancestors/parents were part of some ancient civilisation on the Island...so perhaps she is atlantisian?
    i just thought the previous civilization were big fans of Prison Break. and made a statue in homage to Mike Scofield. he lost a toe remember

ReputationRep:
    The island had to be in Tunisia before, if you look in the Tunisia map (http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/Classi...isia%20map.JPG) there is a huge lake and thats where the island used to be, maybe that area used to be something special with 'exotic matter'. Dharma found it and did some experiments on it, and they had to move it for whatever reason. So it moved to the opposite side of the earth which is somewhere in the pacific.

Also, if you look there is another small lake nearby, and that's the other small island too.

This also explains how Yemis plane was there because it was flying to somewhere from africa 'over the tunisian lake' which got 'sucked' into the island and crashed (something like that).

So, maybe polar bears were used to test the wheel or something and somehow got transported back to tunisia desert. And same thing happened to ben..

And I read somewhere that the hotel that ben checked into was actually right next to the lake, which means that he 'landed' where the island originally was.

I didn't think of this myself, i just read it somewhere and want you lot to check it out too!

Try digging through that tunisia lake and see where you end up! http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/di...ough-earth.php

ReputationRep:
    wow.. who needs the writers when we've got you lot!!

ReputationRep:
    I dug through the Tunisian lake and it came out on the right of Australia. Isnt the Lost island is supposed to be on the left, near Indonesia?
    So am I missing something?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    £10 Locke will be resurrected.

ReputationRep:
    THE island, presumably, was somewhere on the flight path from Sydney to New York, which is where you end up if you dig through Tunisia.

Penny and her crew took the Losties approximately 3000 miles (I think) away from the old site of the island so that they could have a convincing cover story (ie they crashed near Membata, and hence washed up there), and so that's why they were (supposedly) on the left of Australia, near Indonesia, in the Sunda trench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    THE island, presumably, was somewhere on the flight path from Sydney to New York, which is where you end up if you dig through Tunisia.

Penny and her crew took the Losties approximately 3000 miles (I think) away from the old site of the island so that they could have a convincing cover story (ie they crashed near Membata, and hence washed up there), and so that's why they were (supposedly) on the left of Australia, near Indonesia, in the Sunda trench.
    yeah but they were some what off course according to the pilot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksparkles2)
    I dug through the Tunisian lake and it came out on the right of Australia. Isnt the Lost island is supposed to be on the left, near Indonesia?
    So am I missing something?
    xx
    I think its supposed to be on the right because the flight was from LA to Sydney so thats the route they took.

They story they used was supposed to stick with the fake 815 they found near indonesia, which is why they made the story of them crashing on the 'supposed' crash site (the fake 815) and floating ashore to the small islands whatever they're called.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unsung_hero)
    yeah but they were some what off course according to the pilot.
    yea exactly, if you dig through the lake you end up away from the flight 815 route, about 1000 miles off course, which is what the pilot had said like this image shows http://images.lostpedia.com/images/9...otheisland.jpg i think the writers will come up to a similar theory like this but with more surprises that we'll never expect!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm the island was moved just after christmas in 2004. whats that the year of the tsunami?? The island moving caused tht

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuffler)
    Hmmmm the island was moved just after christmas in 2004. whats that the year of the tsunami?? The island moving caused tht
    good theory. Didn't the writers say they'd pay homage to that?

ReputationRep:
    Heres what I don't know about.

Kate said she spent THREE YEARS trying to forget about what happened to them the day they left the island.

Three years on the island for Sawyer etc. is quite a long time.

ReputationRep:
    It was already christmas when Desmond called Penny remember, so chirstmas must have passed. I think its like the month of january right now.

three years on the island is a very long time! How could they even survive for that long!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone actually really listened to what sawyer said to kate on the chopper just before he jumped? well if you turn your TV on really loud you can hear it really clearly.

I have a daughter in alabama..You need to find her..Tell her i am sorry.

Am not sure what the rule is on posting youtube video's in here but ill post this and see what happens

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R5W2-dvSzKk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    £10 Locke will be resurrected.
    everyone seems to be saying this for some reason i think its just denial but i hope you right! him and ben are my favourites

heres my thoery on John locke and why he will walk again!!

According to the timeline found on Lostpedia, Ben turns the frozen donkey wheel and is transported off the island on thursday, December 30th 2004. He appears in the Tunisian desert on monday, 24th October 2005. Assuming he didn't spend 10 months in transit, it's possible that 'moving' the island may have created or increased what amounts to a 10 month time discrepancy between the island and the rest of the world.

Circa September 2007, Jack and Ben have a conversation at Hoffs/Drawlar funeral parlor in the presence of a dead Jeremy Bentham (John Locke). Jack says Bentham visited him a month earlier. Assuming Locke didn't wait around for 8 months before contacting Jack, then it is conceivable that Ben and the Oceanic 6 could, if they can locate it, return to the island before Locke ever leaves it. We have already seen how the behavior of a character existing in a certain time can be altered by the influence of someone from an alternate one, when Desmond instructed '96 Penny to await a phone call that would occur 8 years in the future.

Just one suggestion and probably not without it's inconsistencies, but I encourage more from those who also believe that Locke hasn't left us and most likely never will

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what the island wants them back for, as it is some kind of "entity".
    Hopefully the smoke will know some answers.

Plus, I never knew the guy who played George Minkowski on the boat was the same guy that played Ben in Short Circuit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    I don't understand what the island wants them back for, as it is some kind of "entity".
    Hopefully the smoke will know some answers.

Plus, I never knew the guy who played George Minkowski on the boat was the same guy that played Ben in Short Circuit.
    well the island never let them leave, the left on their own accord not the islands so the island proberly still has plans for them which they havent yet fulfilled.

ReputationRep:
    Do people on the island age or not?

(Original post by Vintage)
    Do people on the island age or not?
    good question. ben did but some of the others havent

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.