The Student Room Group

TSR LOST society!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, going back to that website, they have an interesting tournament going on with favourite Lost Episodes. Basically, there are 64 randomly selected episodes arranged in a typical tournament progression way.

You have to pick who you think will be the winner of each tie, and follow it all the way through to pick the winner. If you want to play, you need to do this before 1st July.

If anyone's interested, I have created a little private league for us, details below:

League Name: TSR Lost
Password: 1337

Feel free to join, perhaps post in here that you have joined (just so I know). Sounds like a bit of fun, hope to be playing against you soon! :wink:

URL for tournament: http://www.dawgsled.com/darkufo/main.asp
jonnyofengland
Hey, going back to that website, they have an interesting tournament going on with favourite Lost Episodes. Basically, there are 64 randomly selected episodes arranged in a typical tournament progression way.

You have to pick who you think will be the winner of each tie, and follow it all the way through to pick the winner. If you want to play, you need to do this before 1st July.

If anyone's interested, I have created a little private league for us, details below:

League Name: TSR Lost
Password: 1337

Feel free to join, perhaps post in here that you have joined (just so I know). Sounds like a bit of fun, hope to be playing against you soon! :wink:

URL for tournament: http://www.dawgsled.com/darkufo/main.asp

lol i already did mine a couple of days ago but i will see if i can still goin this group.

Yerrr i joined it now
how do i join?
fox_amro
how do i join?

First of all you have to register using the link given above. Once you have registered and made your predictions, you will see a "Join a Group" tab on the left. Once youve clicked that you can find TSR Lost. Enter the password and your done
Have just seen season 4. Finale wasn't that good. Would've been better if Sawyer died when he jumped off the helicopter and it would've been better if Sun had died instead of Jin (but we knew that wasn't going to happen from the flash-forwards).
dfhgksjldfxcz
Have just seen season 4. Finale wasn't that good. Would've been better if Sawyer died when he jumped off the helicopter and it would've been better if Sun had died instead of Jin (but we knew that wasn't going to happen from the flash-forwards).

Why? Sun's one of the most interesting character's in the flash forwards (although admittedly I hated her in early seasons). Also, how do you know that Jin is dead? Did you see his burning remains? Don't take anything for granted when it comes to Lost.

I also don't agree with Sawyer dying. If he had died, there would be very few Oceanic survivors of any worth left on the Island, apart from Claire and Locke, so they needed someone else to keep it interesting on the Island.

I didn't think it was that good when I first watched it, but as I thought about it a couple of days later, I realised it was very clever and subtle in some places. All in all, it was probably one of my favourite episodes of Lost (although it was ridiculously over the top in places).
Sun bores the **** out of me. And Sawyer...well -- for drama, it would've been better if he was killed off. I was hoping one of the main characters (Locke, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Juliet) would *die just to make it a shocking episode.

* although I wouldn't want Locke to die because he's awesome. Plus he's dying sooner or later anyway. Wouldn't want Kate or Juliet to die because they're fairly easy on the eye. So I guess that leaves Jack or Sawyer. :yy:
Sawyer is my favourite character, then Ben

Sun is soo boring, at the start I just skipped all her flashbacks...even when she talks it just sounds so boring...But would be interesting to find out whats up with her and Widmore
I don't think Juliet is a main character (she's certainly not as important as Ben).

I completely agree with you about Sun. At the beginning, she was so dull, I just couldn't get interested in her storylines at all. But now she seems to have a grown a pair, and in the flash forwards almost seems to be playing with the big leagues. I think it could be very interesting in future season with her.

It would have been dramatic to have someone die, but if you're not careful it then turns into killing someone for killing's sake, and it turns into a cheap horror film.

I think Sayid is also more of a main character than Juliet (he is just awesome!), and I hope I am right in guessing Walt will probably turn out to be one of the most important character in the whole program.

Also, there's valid reasons for keeping everyone alive. With Sawyer and Juliet practically alone together on the beach (at least for the time being), Sawyer's gonna want answers, Juliet's gonna know the answers, and so the plot progresses. Kill off Juliet, and Sawyer won't know what to do if things turn bad. Kill off Sawyer, and I don't think Juliet would have the motivation or willpower to do what is necessary.
did everyone get the octagon glboal recrutimentn email?
unsung_hero
did everyone get the octagon glboal recrutimentn email?

Good point. I'd forgotten about that. Although I'm sure if somebody did, they soon be on here bragging about it...

Still, if anybody did get a reply, it would be great to hear what it said (or maybe they are just leaving it loser to the date before sending out emails).
jonnyofengland
Good point. I'd forgotten about that. Although I'm sure if somebody did, they soon be on here bragging about it...

Still, if anybody did get a reply, it would be great to hear what it said (or maybe they are just leaving it loser to the date before sending out emails).

Oh my goodness. Less than an hour or two after posting that, I have had a reply (I wonder if they monitor boards waiting for people to mention it?).

There was a footnote at the bottom saying it was confidential. Not sure if it was real or a joke (it was worded oddly, for sure) but I don't really want to scupper my chances of being involved. However, given I'm not entirely sure about it's authenticity (it could be to just get the feel of the super-secret DHARMA people), I'll share a couple of details:

It was from Hans Van Eeghen (name doesn't ring a bell).

It was basically saying that at ComiCon they will be interviewing specially selected applicants to demonstrate their unique talents (?)

However, if (like me) you don't feel like popping over to San Diego, they are going to make everything available on the internet on July 27th.

So it was a mix of our theories, both an advert for ComiCon and the start of a Lost Experience! How Exciting!
jonnyofengland
Oh my goodness. Less than an hour or two after posting that, I have had a reply (I wonder if they monitor boards waiting for people to mention it?).

There was a footnote at the bottom saying it was confidential. Not sure if it was real or a joke (it was worded oddly, for sure) but I don't really want to scupper my chances of being involved. However, given I'm not entirely sure about it's authenticity (it could be to just get the feel of the super-secret DHARMA people), I'll share a couple of details:

It was basically saying that at ComiCon they will be interviewing specially selected applicants to demonstrate their unique talents (?)

However, if (like me) you don't feel like popping over to San Diego, they are going to make everything available on the internet on July 27th.

So it was a mix of our theories, both an advert for ComiCon and the start of a Lost Experience! How Exciting!

yeah I got that too.
Reply 2493
keep us posted!!

jonnyofengland

Hello yawl. :biggrin: I've not posted here before but just want to express my satisfaction at the season 4 finale. As usual, leaves a lot of questions unanswered and a very deep mystery as to how the Oceanic Six are gonna get back to the island.

It's probably been mentioned before, but Jack's, and his family in particular, I think will be pivotal to the whole Lost myth. Christian (the voice of Jacob) is his father and Claire - who appears to be Christian/Jacob's right hand woman - is his half-sister, making Aaron his half-nephew (I think?). I wonder who else is a Shepherd? :biggrin:

I read a very interesting theory somewhere else that points out many of the biblical allusions and names. That would be pretty neat. :biggrin:
Crimson Black
Hello yawl. :biggrin: I've not posted here before but just want to express my satisfaction at the season 4 finale. As usual, leaves a lot of questions unanswered and a very deep mystery as to how the Oceanic Six are gonna get back to the island.

It's probably been mentioned before, but Jack's, and his family in particular, I think will be pivotal to the whole Lost myth. Christian (the voice of Jacob) is his father and Claire - who appears to be Christian/Jacob's right hand woman - is his half-sister, making Aaron his half-nephew (I think?). I wonder who else is a Shepherd? :biggrin:

I read a very interesting theory somewhere else that points out many of the biblical allusions and names. That would be pretty neat. :biggrin:

Oh I hope it doesn't end up being God's will. Because let's be honest, that doesn't answer any questions, does it?

The Shepherd family certainly is crucial to the plot, but then everybody's linked in some way (notice how they all pop up in each other's flashbacks - a subtle thing which Heroes ripped off terribly). However, i wonder say they are in the same league as the Widmore or Paik families. After all, Christian has a boss :biggrin:
jonnyofengland
Oh I hope it doesn't end up being God's will. Because let's be honest, that doesn't answer any questions, does it?

The Shepherd family certainly is crucial to the plot, but then everybody's linked in some way (notice how they all pop up in each other's flashbacks - a subtle thing which Heroes ripped off terribly). However, i wonder say they are in the same league as the Widmore or Paik families. After all, Christian has a boss :biggrin:

Well yes, everyone is linked, but methinks the reason that Jack in particular is told by Ben to go back - with everyone, including CorpseLocke - means that he is integral, as the island is somehow failing because he's not on it. Personally, I just want to know what the numbers mean...

Am also very excited to see which way Sun goes... perhaps she and Widmore will become next season's top villains, or maybe she'll replace him. That'd be pretty neat, if she's the one sending assassins after Sayid (I think?). I guess revenge for Lapidus not going back for her husband is very potent.
Crimson Black
Well yes, everyone is linked, but methinks the reason that Jack in particular is told by Ben to go back - with everyone, including CorpseLocke - means that he is integral, as the island is somehow failing because he's not on it. Personally, I just want to know what the numbers mean...

Am also very excited to see which way Sun goes... perhaps she and Widmore will become next season's top villains, or maybe she'll replace him. That'd be pretty neat, if she's the one sending assassins after Sayid (I think?). I guess revenge for Lapidus not going back for her husband is very potent.

Or maybe Ben targeted him because Jack wants to go back the most, and therefore is most likely to help Ben.

And he may be CloneLocke, it just depends what theory you choose to believe :wink:

I don't think Sun is anywhere near in the same league as Widmore, so I can't see her replacing him. The only future I can see for those two is that the common interest will be locating the Island (she must believe Jin is still alive). Because they wouldn't go back for Jin, she feels no allegiance to Jack et al, so she would be more than happy to sell them all out in exchange for the Island.

Or at least, that's what i think. :smile:
Reply 2498
It's all lies methinks :teeth:
What Sawyer said to freckles before he saved the damn day:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest