TSR LOST society! Watch

Consultant
  • CV Helper
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wiggles)
Pierre Chang and his video with Faraday: Can kind of guess that already, since Faraday along with Sawyer et al have just travelled back to the 70s, so we now know how he got to that time.

Dharma Initiative: We're getting all that info now, and seeing as the finale has just been revealed to be titled "The Incident", I'm guessing season 5 is going to leading up to the events surrounding the electromagnetism of the Swan Station, and give us a load of Dharma backstory in the meantime.

Rousseau's Team: When Jin washed up on the shore this season we saw how her team came to the island, and pretty much what happened to her team. The only question left there is what did they do to make her think they were "sick" after they went down that hole? Which I'm guessing is too important to be revealed yet. But I seem to remember them saying in a podcast that this was pretty much the Rousseau story done.

Richard Alpert: His agelessness can now be explained by the island skipping in time. We just need to connect the dots as to which bits of his life that we've seen so far came in what order. Seeing as we have 25 episodes left, I'm sure they'll fit that in somewhere.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "Ben/Locke". As for Jacob, I don't think anyone expects him to be explained until the very end. I reckon revealing who/what "Jacob" actually is, will be the crux of the entire mythos, and that understanding that will be connected to understanding everything else about the island.
Hey! Yeah, I guess you're right in that a lot of the Dharma stuff could be tied off by the end of this season, so that handles Pierre et al.

I'm still not sure about Richard, we have nothing to say that he's been skipping about in time do we? Its just been mentioned that he's been around for a long time and also the skips we saw with him and Locke suggest that his time has been somewhat linear?

By Rousseau I really meant more about the "Temple" and the "monster" which we got a taste of when her team ran into trouble - the "monster" certainly is very important and I'd like to see that explained.

By Locke/Ben, I really mean who leads the Others, who exactly are the Others (the
Spoiler:
Show
Ethan
thing really threw what I thought in the bin), why Widmore is at war with them (I think this goes deeper than the Purge), why they took the children, what the good/bad lists meant and how this all ties together.

Also, all of this really still really ignores what happens to the Losties, why Sun was not transported, what's going on with Walt, what happened with the Losties we haven't seen much of recently and a horde or misc things that I've forgotten about (like the statue/fertility stuff).

I totally agree that the writers are (a)awesome and (b)capable and that they'll tie it all up fantastically (they did after all do Alias) its just that I can't wait to see how its done.
Consultant
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Also, I wonder what Sun will do now (didn't Christian say she had a long journey ahead of her) and also why were the numbers still being broadcast in current time (2008/2009) when they'd been turned off previously?

EDIT: Also remembered the thing where Richard Alpert visited young Locke and gave him a choice of five/six weird items (including a knife, the book of law, a compass, etc.) and that also is another tiny little loose end that I'd like to see explained.
alex-hs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Consultant)
EDIT: Also remembered the thing where Richard Alpert visited young Locke and gave him a choice of five/six weird items (including a knife, the book of law, a compass, etc.) and that also is another tiny little loose end that I'd like to see explained.
That was explained (or certainly very strongly hinted at) in the first episode of this series - Richard gave Locke the compass and told him to give it to him in the past (which he does in episode 3) - presumably Richard was testing Locke as a young child.
Consultant
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alex-hs)
That was explained (or certainly very strongly hinted at) in the first episode of this series - Richard gave Locke the compass and told him to give it to him in the past (which he does in episode 3) - presumably Richard was testing Locke as a young child.
Ah yeah, but Richard was also very disappointed when young Locke picked the knife (and possibly not the compass or other items) but the compasses weren't the same. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Rian1988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well how was that for everyone? Confused with the Sun-Christian thing? Also why did she knock ben out!! Cool seeing mini Ben again though.
Consultant
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rian1988)
Well how was that for everyone? Confused with the Sun-Christian thing? Also why did she knock ben out!! Cool seeing mini Ben again though.
Maybe because she just doesn't trust him? I think she found out as much as she thought she could about why Ben was going over to the main island, before hitting him and taking Frank.
Ghost Grey
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lost is getting mega confusing. It's funny that I'm doing temporal reality and time travel in philosophy at the moment and I'm starting to understand how they might have 'done' lost in the Time sequence. The reality of it is (possibly) that they (the Losties - Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Julliet, Hugo, Ben, Sun) will die in a time before the Losties came to the island. And the whole thing will play out over and over again. But because of the implied 'You've got a journy ahead of you'.. Will Ben and Sun go back to 1977 and then Ben will see Ben. Because at the moment they are in 2008 we have 3 years I think which is unexplained. Where the hell are Rose and the other Losties?

LOST!!!
Bemy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It has taken me agggges to catch up with LOST, but I've finally done it. I have some theories but I don't know if they sound stupid or not haha.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sayid...

Spoiler:
Show
He shot a kid, which means he is the best character in the entire show :yep:

Too bad he doesn't realise that the future can't be changed. :tongue:
Consultant
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, just wow!

Spoiler:
Show
I wonder how this works now, surely Faraday's theory means that Benjamin can't die. I wonder how far away the purge is? And I wonder what Ann Arbor has to do with this - why would they sanction Sayid's death?
alex-hs
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, just wow!

Spoiler:
Show
I wonder how this works now, surely Faraday's theory means that Benjamin can't die. I wonder how far away the purge is? And I wonder what Ann Arbor has to do with this - why would they sanction Sayid's death?
Presumably it's the mainland base of the Dharma Initiative.
Consultant
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alex-hs)
Presumably it's the mainland base of the Dharma Initiative.
It wasn't that aspect, really it was:
Spoiler:
Show
the fact that there is somebody above Pierre/Horace in the chain of command who'd be willing to authorise murder.
momosan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It wasn't that aspect, really it was:
Spoiler:
Show
the fact that there is somebody above Pierre/Horace in the chain of command who'd be willing to authorise murder.
Umm, Gerald and Karen DeGroot at the University of Michigan (in Ann Arbor). But even they have a superior in Alvar Hanso.

Spoiler:
Show
I struggle to believe Ben is dead. The next episode has an interesting name and hopefully the episode lays down the rules of time travel in regards to the island.
Consultant
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by momosan)
Umm, Gerald and Karen DeGroot at the University of Michigan (in Ann Arbor). But even they have a superior in Alvar Hanso.

Spoiler:
Show
I struggle to believe Ben is dead. The next episode has an interesting name and hopefully the episode lays down the rules of time travel in regards to the island.
Ah, yeah, I completely forgot about them, but they've never been in the show have they, I didn't realise they were "canon".
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, just wow!

Spoiler:
Show
I read that it took place in the early nineties.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
i love Sayid even more now
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I bet at some point there will be a really lulzy scene where Ben shows him the scar.
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 3105)
I bet at some point there will be a really lulzy scene where Ben shows him the scar.
Haha, I can't believe I haven't thought about how hilarious that would be :rofl: :grin:
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
did anyone else think oldham was going to be daniel?
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lost is the best show on TV atm, brilliant!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (668)
80.68%
Leave (160)
19.32%

Watched Threads