TSR LOST society! watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Also:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The hieroglyph of the monster and god, I think is of Anubis. Which is interesting as he is the god of the afterlife, of death - so perhaps the monster is his servant/master and that explains why dead people can come back (Locke) or be used by the monster (Charlie/Eko/Christian/Etc)?

EDIT!!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Richard Alpert appears to be immortal - perhaps Richard is Anubis?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, one of the best episodes so far in the season imo.
    (Original post by Consultant)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm wondering, the people who have got the guns - that sparked something in my head, maybe, just maybe, Widmore got some people on the plane? What do you guys reckon? What else could the statue thing the woman said refer to?
    That's what I was thinking... If you can remember Sayid questioning who she worked for on the plane?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Richard Alpert appears to be immortal - perhaps Richard is Anubis?
    An egyptian me thinks :yes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess Alex is alive now? Or something like what Christian and Locke are?

ReputationRep:
    You know, I am rarely sadder during the week than I am immediately after watching LOST. Knowing I'll have to wait another week...it borders on intolerable agony, I tells ye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ancient Beast)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess Alex is alive now? Or something like what Christian and Locke are?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd say she was just a manifestation of the smoke monster, like Yemi was, before the smoke monster killed Eko. Remember Eko said he was not sorry, and that he had nothing to apologise for. Ben, of course, did repent. Maybe that's why it let him live?

ReputationRep:
    :nutcase:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i nearly screamed NOOOO when Ben told Sun to tell Desmond "sorry" penny cant die its PENNY FFS but alas she did not die in the next scene.
    Great episode i wonder if anyone already has a translation on some of the hieroglyphics?
    A whole week left :emo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by fox_amro)
    :nutcase
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i nearly screamed NOOOO when Ben told Sun to tell Desmond "sorry" penny cant die its PENNY FFS but alas she did not die in the next scene.
    Great episode i wonder if anyone already has a translation on some of the hieroglyphics?
    A whole week left :emo:
    I think it would be pretty hard, from my limited knowledge translating hieroglyphics is extremely hard, it depends on writing direction, symbolism, dialect, etc. so they could easily have multiple meanings depending on how the Lost people implemented them.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be pretty hard, from my limited knowledge translating hieroglyphics is extremely hard, it depends on writing direction, symbolism, dialect, etc. so they could easily have multiple meanings depending on how the Lost people implemented them.
    I really wouldn't put it past some LOST fans though:p:

ReputationRep:
    You could probably find out on lostvideorecaps.com forum. The person who runs this does Lost recap and secrets each week on youtube, which are pretty damn awesome, and supresses my Lost craving for about an hour lol
    (Original post by alex-hs)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd say she was just a manifestation of the smoke monster, like Yemi was, before the smoke monster killed Eko. Remember Eko said he was not sorry, and that he had nothing to apologise for. Ben, of course, did repent. Maybe that's why it let him live?
    Oh yeah, forgot about the manifestation for a sec.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Confused about that thing, what lies in the shadow of the statue:confused: Has the smoke monster got to them like it changed the members of Rousseau's crew?

Otherwise great episode, showed what a manipulative arse Ben can be..plotting to kill Locke. :eek:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Viraj_c)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Confused about that thing, what lies in the shadow of the statue:confused: Has the smoke monster got to them like it changed the members of Rousseau's crew?

Otherwise great episode, showed what a manipulative arse Ben can be..plotting to kill Locke. :eek:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It could be some kind of code to test if the people have been on the island before or if they are Dharma or Others? Maybe Illana and people were sent by somebody, perhaps Dharma, or Widmore?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It could be some kind of code to test if the people have been on the island before or if they are Dharma or Others? Maybe Illana and people were sent by somebody, perhaps Dharma, or Widmore?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I dunno to be honest. I'd assumed that Illana was a bounty hunter hired by Ben indirectly, to get Sayed on to the plane. Didn't really envisage Illana being sent by anyone else.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Viraj_c)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I dunno to be honest. I'd assumed that Illana was a bounty hunter hired by Ben indirectly, to get Sayed on to the plane. Didn't really envisage Illana being sent by anyone else.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's what I initially thought - but somewhere during today's episode at some point when I think they were taking control (Illana et al) I had the idea that perhaps Widmore had enough warning to get some people onto the plane - though she'd have had to get Sayid too, though if Widmore was watching him already...

Actually, maybe I'm totally wrong - did Ben call Widmore the day he was going back, in which case Illana would have had to get Sayid before Widmore found out.

ReputationRep:
    First 5 minutes

Spoiler:
    Show
    The monster gets a mention..oh..

ReputationRep:
    this isn't really related to the latest episode, but just something i was wondering after recent episodes, for those with really good memories (apologies if covered before)..

Spoiler:
    Show
    when they found the mass grave of the dead dharma people waaaaay back, did we glimpse any of the name tags of people? coz for some reason i'm almost certain one of them said la fleur..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    this isn't really related to the latest episode, but just something i was wondering after recent episodes, for those with really good memories (apologies if covered before)..

Spoiler:
    Show
    when they found the mass grave of the dead dharma people waaaaay back, did we glimpse any of the name tags of people? coz for some reason i'm almost certain one of them said la fleur..
    Nope, I went back and checked. Neither episode featuring the pit (3x20 "The Man Behind the Curtain"; 4x11 "Cabin Fever") shows any names, apart from Horace in Cabin Fever.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw ep12, smoke monster scene at the end was gay lol.

Btw, my friend is a script writer for Lost, he told how it all ends. Hurley gets Kate pregnant, and the son saves the whole island from the unknown evils i.e. smoke monster. They all move back to the island and live in harmony, Hurley screws all the girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.C.M.)
    Just saw ep12, smoke monster scene at the end was gay lol.

Btw, my friend is a script writer for Lost, he told how it all ends. Hurley gets Kate pregnant, and the son saves the whole island from the unknown evils i.e. smoke monster. They all move back to the island and live in harmony, Hurley screws all the girls.
    No. It ends with either 1) someone's eye opening or closing or 2) Vincent getting off the island.

ReputationRep:
    Does it mean all the dead people (Eko, Christian, Boone, Shannon, Alex) can come back alive?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else reckon that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Locke is actually dead (as the title 'Dead is Dead' suggests) and the smoke monster is just appearing as Locke? And also probably as Christian? We already know that it can take the shape of people (Yemi and Alex) and it just seems a coincidence that Locke was not around when the smoke monster appeared in front of Ben, and we only saw Locke once it had gone.

(Original post by Emma_B)
    Anyone else reckon that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Locke is actually dead (as the title 'Dead is Dead' suggests) and the smoke monster is just appearing as Locke? And also probably as Christian? We already know that it can take the shape of people (Yemi and Alex) and it just seems a coincidence that Locke was not around when the smoke monster appeared in front of Ben, and we only saw Locke once it had gone.
    nice theory i like it

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.