Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its called getting it off my friend in a gaming clan I am in. No Idea how he got it though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway it is only Thurday morning till you mere mortals have to wait its called www.surfthechannel.com

ReputationRep:
    Surely if the episode was leaked it would be all over the internet by now :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so I just saw the finale. The ending pissed me off SO MUCH.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sooo.... if Locke isn't Locke, who the hell is he, and how? I don't think I recognised that guy at the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex-hs)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sooo.... if Locke isn't Locke, who the hell is he, and how? I don't think I recognised that guy at the start.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think he is annibus. He's wearing black, he obviously has powers and has control over smokey who I think is likely cerberus the three headed guardian of the 'egyptian underworld.'

ReputationRep:
    Im quite annoyed know about the ending! how long do we have to wait till it starts again, i hope its not like next feburary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_libra)
    Im quite annoyed know about the ending! how long do we have to wait till it starts again, i hope its not like next feburary!
    Hate to tell you this, but it is.. :woo:

I'm still trying to find a decent link to watch the finale. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Those who cannot wait PM for a link for the finale

ReputationRep:
    Urggghhh I really want to watch it now but I promised my housemate i'd wait for him to get back from work so we can have a lost extravaganza evening with takeaway. Too excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    Great finale, the ending was sooooo annoying though :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

When I thought Juliet was dead... I had tears in my eyes. More than when Charlie died. I'd really like to say "I'm so glad she's alive" but... is she? Is anyone?

Of all the cliffhangers, this has most in common with season one's. Season two, three and four's endings opened up a whole new set of questions and things to speculate about. Season one though, was just a very simple witholding of the answer we'd been waiting for - what's down the hatch? This season it's - can the future be changed? And from the last scene, we don't know!

At least in season one we had some resolutions, but with this, we have no idea if ANYTHING will be the same! Next season could literally be ANYTHING!

As for the whole Locke/Ben/Jacob thing... I think the religious allegory is finally becoming more clear. It seems to me that Jacob and the man at the start are in some kind of eternal battle (the same one Ben and Widmore are in?) and there seems to be some God/Devil thing going on with them. It seems that the other unnamed man has been manipulating all the characters to get to the point where Ben will kill Jacob. And, I believe, he has now taken on the persona of Locke, just as he took on Christian Shephard's. This is why the smoke monster didn't come when Ben summoned it from his Dharmaville house a few eps back - instead Locke came walking out of the forest, because Locke is Smokey is Jacob's Unnamed Nemesis. Seems like Smokey was tired of being under Ben's (and Jacob's) thumb and decided to manipulate him into killing his master.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiggles)
    Spoiler:
    Show

When I thought Juliet was dead... I had tears in my eyes. More than when Charlie died. I'd really like to say "I'm so glad she's alive" but... is she? Is anyone?

Of all the cliffhangers, this has most in common with season one's. Season two, three and four's endings opened up a whole new set of questions and things to speculate about. Season one though, was just a very simple witholding of the answer we'd been waiting for - what's down the hatch? This season it's - can the future be changed? And from the last scene, we don't know!

At least in season one we had some resolutions, but with this, we have no idea if ANYTHING will be the same! Next season could literally be ANYTHING!

As for the whole Locke/Ben/Jacob thing... I think the religious allegory is finally becoming more clear. It seems to me that Jacob and the man at the start are in some kind of eternal battle (the same one Ben and Widmore are in?) and there seems to be some God/Devil thing going on with them. It seems that the other unnamed man has been manipulating all the characters to get to the point where Ben will kill Jacob. And, I believe, he has now taken on the persona of Locke, just as he took on Christian Shephard's. This is why the smoke monster didn't come when Ben summoned it from his Dharmaville house a few eps back - instead Locke came walking out of the forest, because Locke is Smokey is Jacob's Unnamed Nemesis. Seems like Smokey was tired of being under Ben's (and Jacob's) thumb and decided to manipulate him into killing his master.

Spoiler:
    Show
    when sawyer was holding onto juliets hand i was literally screaming at my laptop "DONT LET GO"

think it was the saddest moment of tv that ive ever seen
    i hope she is alive just as desmond survived turning the fail-safe of the hatch.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic finale. Ending was predictably infuriating.

Spoiler:
    Show

If Juliet successfully hit the 'reset' button do you lot reckon there is any chance will we see any old (dead) faces? It would be particularly nice to have Faraday back.

Also, I feel like I should have seen Impostor Locke coming :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Fantastic finale. Ending was predictably infuriating.

Spoiler:
    Show

If Juliet successfully hit the 'reset' button do you lot reckon there is any chance will we see any old (dead) faces? It would be particularly nice to have Faraday back.

Also, I feel like I should have seen Impostor Locke coming :sad:
    Spoiler:
    Show

It seems Locke is always concealed in boxes these days.. :rolleyes:

I've heard that Claire will make her return by season 6 premiere and that after the premiere has aired, we will have enough info to know the direction in which the show is going. We'll be able to speculate the ending better. :yes:

and i think we probably will see old faces.. they haven't retired the flashbacks yet, i don't think (i'm drawing blanks due to the whole time-travel season). I'm sure they'll have to bring some people back, even if it's to just answer questions and clear stuff up once and for all.

aaandd.. i'm looking forward to next season's opening as i'm sure it will give us all that classic :eek: feeling.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha I got it right AGAIN. No didn't figure out about imposter Locke .. Fans are calling him 'Esau' he's the guy from the start. The 'Jacob' that Ben took Locke to - Ben had never actually seen Jacob - this was in the cabin wasn't actually Jacob, but the spirit of Esau (Jacobs nemesis) that's why he says 'Help me' to John so he can find a loop hole and use John to get to the island in a new form.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how to right in spoiler? I would love to discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiggles)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    Regarding the issue of Ben killing Jacob, i wondered why Jacob seemed so willing in letting Ben kill him. He knew he had a knife and pushed him further. It's as if he had it all planned out. I do doubt though, that Jacob is really dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Regarding the issue of Ben killing Jacob, i wondered why Jacob seemed so willing in letting Ben kill him. He knew he had a knife and pushed him further. It's as if he had it all planned out. I do doubt though, that Jacob is really dead.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well he won't be if 'everything resets' like lots of people believe it will. I think Jacob knows what he is doing either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaccyG)
    Can someone tell me how to right in spoiler? I would love to discuss.
    just put [ spoiler] at the beginning, then [/ spoiler] at the end of what you want to say (without the spaces)

and ha, i don't really know what to say about the finale, except "tossers" (aimed at the writers) :p: will prob watch again in HD on sunday

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.