TSR LOST society! Watch

a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That episode was good, but confusing, but good, but you can almost see the edges of the bigger picture now and its still elusive but its coming close

And everyone loves Desmond, Sayid is scary though
Pheylan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
god they're really dumbing it down, it's annoying
alex-hs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Two worlds collide...
Wednesday Bass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pheylan)
god they're really dumbing it down, it's annoying
How do you figure? Apart from Desmond coming back this week and a couple of small things, I've not been able to figure much of it out - like the rest of every season.
JamesWyl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
6x11 is definitely one of my favourite episodes - even though the show is amazing, Lost really excited me this week, and I haven't felt like that for a while.. Why is it that the Desmond episodes are always AMAZING? Haha.. sorry if this post doesn't make much sense - I'm still sort of buzzing from it. Reminds me of the end of Season 5.. I was actually shaking when it was over it was so good! :P
Wednesday Bass
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOVED this weeks episode! Desmond > everyone else, ever. Looking forward to finding out what he has planned!
rummang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
So basically the ending will involve:

Time-travel
Universe-convergence (Meaning everyone that died will actually survive because of the universes coming together)
FLocke will lose/die

Boring. But oh well.

One thing I didn't understand: Why does Desmond want to contact ONLY the people on Oceanic 815? Why does he think it's only the 815 people that this affects (Seeing as Faraday wasn't on the plane and it affected him)? Why doesn't he just think "I need to tell everyone!". Doesn't make sense...
Rachael.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I'm so happy Desmond didn't die Even though it kinda ruined the episode for me because I spent the whole episode worrying about it :mad:

Brilliant episode- up there with Ab Aeterno in the best episodes of the season so far! Great to see Charlie again, but did anyone else think Dom (the guy who plays him) was just acting his FlashForward character (Simon)? :hmmm:
pipsi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Has everyone suddenly decided not to put important stuff in spoilers?
NattyNat02
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pipsi)
lol what i was thinking
rummang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pipsi)
I think I was so appalled by this episode that I did in fact overlook that detail while typing up my hate-post, I apologise!
NattyNat02
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rummang)
I think I was so appalled by this episode that I did in fact overlook that detail while typing up my hate-post, I apologise!
Lol haha.. don't write hate-post about lostttt!!!
I'm sure series finale will make you go :eek:
just you wait...
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Loved the little flashes Desmond had of Charlie and Penny. This episode also made me realise, generally most Losties in the flash-sideways timeline have a better life, but most are missing one thing; the 'spectacular, conscious-altering love' as Charlie put it. Jack is divorced and alone, Kate is still on the run, Sawyer is also alone, Sayid doesn't and can't have Nadia, Ben doesn't have anyone, nor does Desmond. Then there's also Charlie, presumably Hurley (haven't seen his story yet), Claire, Daniel, Charlotte, etc. You could say Jin & Sun, whilst they are together, their time is limited and Mr. Paik is trying to drive their love apart. Yet most of these have this love in the original timeline (except Ben...maybe? Maybe that's why Jacob never liked him...)

The only person who does seem to have it is none other than Locke. He didn't really have it in the original timeline, although he was with Helen then, Helen stopped loving him eventually. So it's interesting why Locke is the opposite to the others.

So the big question that remains - would you have a 'happy' life but never experiencing true love, or a life where your true love may only last for a short while, but at least you got to experience it? (Charlie & Claire, Daniel & Charlotte, Hurley & Libby, maybe Desmond & Penny?) I think that's what the writer's are trying to convey.
theronkinator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone else use any fan sites? I normally use lostsos.com, but it's a bit quiet now, but if people want to come on and join us feel free to.
Pheylan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How to make a peanut butter sandwich - by the Losties

Jack
1. Gather ingredients
2. Point gun at ingredients and shout “HOW DO I MAKE A SANDWICH OUT OF YOU?!?!?”
3. Breathe heavily through your nose as though you were about to hit ingredients
4. Give up and make the sandwich yourself, and eat it bitterly

Kate
1. Make separate sandwiches, one with peanut butter and one with jelly
2. Take a bite of the peanut butter sandwich, declaring it the best
3. Take a bite of the jelly sandwich, declaring it the best
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum
5. Follow peanut butter or jelly sandwich into grave danger

Sawyer
1. Throw the jar of jelly at wall, sneering “I don’t need no sandwich”
2. Call the mascot on the jar of peanut butter lots of clever nicknames
3. Huff and puff and stomp around and grumble a lot
4. When no one’s looking, make perfect, even, symmetrical peanut butter and jelly sandwich and sit in a corner, enjoying every bite

Locke
1. Sit idly by, believing that the ingredients will find a way to make a sandwich out of themselves
2. Lose faith and make the sandwich anyway
3. Realize that you were the instrument by which the ingredients chose to make a sandwich after all
4. Run around the room and grab everyone’s knives, insisting that their sandwiches will do the same in time

Hurley
1. Make sandwich
2. Eat sandwich
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 ad infinitum

Sayid
1. Procure 23 milligrams of uranium-20
2. Set hadron supercollider to eight megajoules
3. Program a sandwich-making macro using Cobol or Visual Basic
4. Act all tough-like

Desmond
1. Eat sandwich
2. Call the sandwich “brother”
3. Place peanut butter slice over jelly slice
4. Spread jelly on the other slice
5. Spread peanut butter on one slice
6. Take two slices of bread, a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly

Ben
1. Steal someone else’s sandwich
2. Claim you coerced them into making the sandwich for you all along
3. Say you’ll tell them everything if they make you another sandwich
4. Stare at them all creepy-like

Libby
1. Lay out plans for one of the most intricate, fascinating, and delicious sandwiches of all time
2. Just as you start making it, get shot

Claire
1. Mmmmmmm, peanut butter
:teehee:
Clubber Lang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
With only 7 episodes or so left I am wondering how they will wrap it up to satisfy the majority of the viewing public.

Whilst some may say it is fine to leave open ends (and I think that suits film better) I don't really think that will cut it with LOST, given its history and comments by the makers of having a proper wrap up.

I've no doubt the final episode will be excellent and probably very sad but I wonder if it will leave a bad tase after a few weeks if things are not concluded properly.

When they announced it would be finishing 3 seasons ago I thought they would start explaining things with those 45 episodes, but they have continued to create more mystery.
NattyNat02
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pheylan)
:teehee:
Lol haha..
I remember Claire and Charlie and the imaginary peanut butter..
awww :rolleyes:
HilariousNinja
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Clubber Lang)
With only 7 episodes or so left I am wondering how they will wrap it up to satisfy the majority of the viewing public.

Whilst some may say it is fine to leave open ends (and I think that suits film better) I don't really think that will cut it with LOST, given its history and comments by the makers of having a proper wrap up.

I've no doubt the final episode will be excellent and probably very sad but I wonder if it will leave a bad tase after a few weeks if things are not concluded properly.

When they announced it would be finishing 3 seasons ago I thought they would start explaining things with those 45 episodes, but they have continued to create more mystery.
There's no doubt, no matter what they do there will be critics. Although I agree with most people, this season has been quite disappointing. Some of the episodes seem like really poor filler.
Read My Mind
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HilariousNinja)
There's no doubt, no matter what they do there will be critics. Although I agree with most people, this season has been quite disappointing. Some of the episodes seem like really poor filler.
Critical much :eek: I think it's been quite good and tbf look at how much new stuff there is in this season. I mean Jacob and MIB weren't even in season 5 (bar the last episode), there is quite a bit of back story we have to be filled in on.
HilariousNinja
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Read My Mind)
Critical much :eek: I think it's been quite good and tbf look at how much new stuff there is in this season. I mean Jacob and MIB weren't even in season 5 (bar the last episode), there is quite a bit of back story we have to be filled in on.
Lol, don't get me wrong... I mean Ab Aeterno is easily in my top 5 episodes of Lost evarrrrr! But episodes like Recon, and What Kate Does just didn't really go anywhere for me.
It might be the hype that answers will be revealed, and its been pretty underwhelming. They've focused too much on building it up rather than actually answering.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
26.86%
No (177)
73.14%

Watched Threads