Turn on thread page Beta

TSR LOST society! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    the writers of Lost are ******* plebs.
    YES they are ... I was so pissed when Nigerian Beast known as Eko was killed off :rant:

He would have owned Widmore and his crew of mercs with his jesus stick like it was nuffin :yep:

The next ep should be EPIC !!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that Desmond is Jacob? Feel free to point out any obvious plot flaws with this theory but his demeanor since returning to the island is strikingly similar to that of Jacob. The whole scene with him an Sayid, with him in the well almost bargaining with him seemed to be very Jacob-esque. Plus his travelling around, getting in touch with numerous losties in the flash sideways and his attempt on Locke's life with the car...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    Does anyone else think that Desmond is Jacob? Feel free to point out any obvious plot flaws with this theory but his demeanor since returning to the island is strikingly similar to that of Jacob. The whole scene with him an Sayid, with him in the well almost bargaining with him seemed to be very Jacob-esque. Plus his travelling around, getting in touch with numerous losties in the flash sideways and his attempt on Locke's life with the car...?
    I wouldn't say that he is literally Jacob, but I like the idea of Desmond's experience giving him the same understanding of the island as Jacob. Its scary how many plot threads need to be ties up with only around 140 minutes of lost left :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Whats with Sawyer being back in time with young Jacob and Locke (Don't know if we know his real name..)
    what do you mean? am i missing something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Whats with Sawyer being back in time with young Jacob and Locke (Don't know if we know his real name..)
    your're either a troll or a fukin douchebag for not using spoilers!

Not on sky one = spoiler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    your're either a troll or a fukin douchebag for not using spoilers!

Not on sky one = spoiler
    He's only speculating via the sneak peak videos of the next episode.

The video showed a pretty butch guy that had hair similar to Sawyer's...but I doubt it's Sawyer. The guy was looked much beefier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    That would be a lost-type twist and they COULD make it work, but I doubt its the case.

However, if you turn out to be right I owe you a cookie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    If Sawyer is 'back in time' then that raises the idea of him being a mole and in on it with Flocke. Wouldn't that be mindboggling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    If Sawyer is 'back in time' then that raises the idea of him being a mole and in on it with Flocke. Wouldn't that be mindboggling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    My reaction to a T if it turns out to be true.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Sawyer go back to that time in the time-travelling in season 5? I remember something like that. Was it at the well? When locke went down it, then there was a flash and the well was gone and remember when MIB said the well was VERY old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Doesn't look beefier to me. It just looks like he is wearing old-style armour of sorts.
    But perhaps Sawyer (and perhaps others) led to them being candidates? They were visitors in an other time/life..?

Too many possibilities.
    Nah I don't think it Sawyer. Maybe its the first leader of the island before Jacob who made Jacob a candidate to take over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Surely if that were true Jacob and UnLocke wouldn't already be wearing their colours.
    Probably did that to show that it was their destiny. It was Jacobs destiny to become Jacob and the anti-Lockes destiny to turn into the smoke monster.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the new episode of Lost, "Across the Sea" BIG BIG BIG Spoilers below -

Spoiler:
    Show
    OMG Adam and Eve = Flocke and Flocke's Mother! Who would have guessed! I thought it was pretty cool how it showed how Flocke 'became' the smoke monster, needs a rewatch though, didn't quite understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Just watched the new episode of Lost, "Across the Sea" BIG BIG BIG Spoilers below -

Spoiler:
    Show
    OMG Adam and Eve = Flocke and Flocke's Mother! Who would have guessed! I thought it was pretty cool how it showed how Flocke 'became' the smoke monster, needs a rewatch though, didn't quite understand!
    Sorry to complain but

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lost is just about protecting the light? I love Lost but this is jumping the shark. And the answer to the frozen donkey wheel pissed the hell outta me.

ReputationRep:
    it's annoyed me how they've had little flashbacks of previous episodes in this season. other than that, good episode

jacob and the man in black are twin brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What a crap episode.

ReputationRep:
    Do the main cast charge too much or something??

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to reiterate: crap episode + some thoughts...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm guessing their mother lied about them being able to hurt each other, just so they wouldn't.

I still don't understand why MIB isn't allowed to leave the island...nor why Jacob has him anchored there.

Why can't MIB just use his donkey wheel like he was originally going to do? Clearly it would work, hence his mother killed him and buried the well.

What is the smoke monster?
    - Did MIB's body going down into the light release it? (If this is the case then why is the monster bound by the restrictions of Jacob's brother?)
    - Did MIB fuse with the light to become the smoke monster? If so, how?

Logically, because MIB's body was left behind, one can assume the smoke monster is it's own entity and it just using Jacob's brothers identity...but then that comes back to my original point of: Why is the smoke monster bound by restrictions/anchored by Jacob?

Why is a ridiculously evil-being coming out of a beacon of light; the heart of the island, etc.?

How did Jacob acquire his super-powers? (i.e. healing, agelessness, etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    I'd just like to reiterate: crap episode + some thoughts...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm guessing their mother lied about them being able to hurt each other, just so they wouldn't.

I still don't understand why MIB isn't allowed to leave the island...nor why Jacob has him anchored there.

Why can't MIB just use his donkey wheel like he was originally going to do? Clearly it would work, hence his mother killed him and buried the well.

What is the smoke monster?
    - Did MIB's body going down into the light release it? (If this is the case then why is the monster bound by the restrictions of Jacob's brother?)
    - Did MIB fuse with the light to become the smoke monster? If so, how?

Logically, because MIB's body was left behind, one can assume the smoke monster is it's own entity and it just using Jacob's brothers identity...but then that comes back to my original point of: Why is the smoke monster bound by restrictions/anchored by Jacob?

Why is a ridiculously evil being coming out of a beacon of light; the heart of the island, etc.?

Rubbish episode. The first 15 min or so were especially bad.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess the evil being is a result of MiB corrupting the pure light. I don't think the entity is a totally new one - the interactions between MiB and Jacob seem to hint at he's still really there - but I imagine he's merged with it.

Not sure why he's anchored, but it may have something to do with the light being the heart of the island

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.