The Student Room Group

TSR LOST society!

Scroll to see replies

Just woke up. Still not read this thread in days due to people being inept at adding spoiler tags. Anyway, i'm ******* buzzin for tonights episode. First time in a long time i've been proper excited excited at LOST...

Teresa falls up the stairs, Teresa falls down the stairs.
sbarrie2
Just woke up. Still not read this thread in days due to people being inept at adding spoiler tags. Anyway, i'm ******* buzzin for tonights episode. First time in a long time i've been proper excited excited at LOST...

I don't understand why people who watch on Sky don't just avoid the thread completely from Wednesday to Friday... it's only 3 days.
Reply 3742
alex-hs
I don't understand why people who watch on Sky don't just avoid the thread completely from Wednesday to Friday... it's only 3 days.

I don't understand why people find it so hard to spoiler tag. If I haven't watched an episode, I come on here to see what the general consensus is on the episode, not to hear all the storylines. And considering the show hasn't even aired in the UK yet, I'd say its pretty obvious a majority of people haven't watched it yet.
alex-hs

This is a British site! If you wanna download the episode and watch it on wednesday then I have nor problem with that. However, you are in the minority.

This is the TV thread.. not the downloaded and watched on the internet thread. Hence, not on British tv = spoiler. It is a very well known rule on thousands of forums. If something has not been shown in the country of the threads origin then it's a spoiler...
Reply 3744
sbarrie2

oh god i love the period where locke and boone are excavating the hatch. season one lost :coma:
Deshi
I don't understand why people find it so hard to spoiler tag. If I haven't watched an episode, I come on here to see what the general consensus is on the episode, not to hear all the storylines. And considering the show hasn't even aired in the UK yet, I'd say its pretty obvious a majority of people haven't watched it yet.

sbarrie2
This is a British site! If you wanna download the episode and watch it on wednesday then I have nor problem with that. However, you are in the minority.

This is the TV thread.. not the downloaded and watched on the internet thread. Hence, not on British tv = spoiler. It is a very well known rule on thousands of forums. If something has not been shown in the country of the threads origin then it's a spoiler...

In general, if I haven't watched an episode of a programme which has aired (UK, US, or anywhere else) I'll avoid all discussion of it because I don't want it to be spoiled. You're always going to get some idiot who either forgets to use spoiler tags, or deliberately doesn't. In the end it is down to the person who doesn't want to see spoilers to do their best to avoid them. It's hard to give a general overview of an episode without spoiling it; in fact, some people may even consider 'that was a crap episode' or 'that was awesome!' or 'oh my god I wasn't expecting that twist at the end' to be spoilers, as reading between the lines, they can give away quite a lot. For instance, I've never seen The Usual Suspects, and I don't know much about the plot, but I do know that there is some sort of epic twist at the end, which is probably going to spoil my enjoyment of it whenever I do get round to watching it.

Basic rule of thumb - if you think you might see spoilers, stay away until they aren't spoilers any more.
alex-hs
In general, if I haven't watched an episode of a programme which has aired (UK, US, or anywhere else) I'll avoid all discussion of it because I don't want it to be spoiled. You're always going to get some idiot who either forgets to use spoiler tags, or deliberately doesn't. In the end it is down to the person who doesn't want to see spoilers to do their best to avoid them. It's hard to give a general overview of an episode without spoiling it; in fact, some people may even consider 'that was a crap episode' or 'that was awesome!' or 'oh my god I wasn't expecting that twist at the end' to be spoilers, as reading between the lines, they can give away quite a lot. For instance, I've never seen The Usual Suspects, and I don't know much about the plot, but I do know that there is some sort of epic twist at the end, which is probably going to spoil my enjoyment of it whenever I do get round to watching it.

Basic rule of thumb - if you think you might see spoilers, stay away until they aren't spoilers any more.

OMG you're ignorance, selfishness and lack of perspective has got my blood boiling. More than any red faced smiley could express. How can it be right, that a thread made for all fans of LOST is not able to be used by the majority of thread subscribers for three days? Think of the greater good. YOU ARE THE MINORITY!!!!!!! If you wanna chat about 'across the sea' then go to the 10 or so big LOST forums created in the USA. Their content is a lot better than these threads. They have threads dedicated for specific episodes. How can it be right that you post here rather than there. A communal thread that should be able to be used by all vs a thread that has content that you want to post about and everyone wants to read.

So what do the sky viewers do then if they wanna chat about lost? (I set up a thread specifically for sky one viewers btw). No doubt the new thread will be infiltrated by smart arses that already know what's happened and get a sense of superiority from it. It will probably fall to the third page by tonight. The interest shown in the tsr lost thread will dwarf the intrest in my thread so much so it will fall to the third page by tonight.

So that's what the sky viewers get?

As for you avoiding threads when you don't wanna be spoiled? There were to many 'I's' in that part of your post. That's all i'm saying on that one!

I want to hear what other people have to say before tonights episode. There is not many places i can go to have good chat about lost. There are plenty of places for you to go to chat about 'across the sea'. Can you got to those threads and we'll stay here. that way we both get something. Instead of an all or (virtually) nothing scenario...

FYI you know there are things called spoiler tags?
Reply 3747
alex-hs

Someone ginving their opinion on whether something is good or not is not a spoiler. Do you not ever read a film review or see what kind of ratings it got before watching it?
Michael Emersen, who plays Ben in the show, revealed his thoughts on the show finale when speaking to the New York Post this week.

'When I first read it, the ending wasn't clear to me. But since then, it's grown more clear and, I have to say, grown more satisfying the more I think about it.

'I expect a mixture of satisfaction and consternation among the viewers when it airs. But once they rewatch it, rethink about it and possibly look at the saga again, gradually they will feel like they have just read a good novel - but you have to chew on it for a while.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1278384/Larger-life-Lost-star-Jorge-Garcia-brings-pint-sized-girlfriend-cast-party.html#ixzz0nuWPjhDX

Dunno what to think of that, perhaps not the finale i've been expecting.
Reply 3749
Just saw the latest episode, is anyone else rooting for MIB to win? And could the light that Mother showed Jacob and MIB be the same light that John Lock looked into when he first encountered The Monster?
Reply 3750
Pheylan

Win. I was just going to post this but you beat me to it :p: Dayum Titus is hot :love:
Some people are just odd. I am fine with keeping out of this thread for 3 days if i don't watch it right away. Why the hell would you want to view the thread in that time, i mean what would you say of any importance, it has aired so people have the right to talk about it. People who care about it need to get a grip and get a ******* life.

Latest episode was meh, the light just didn't do it for me for something that was so awesome. leaves so many questions unanswered, frustrating! Wasn't a bad ep, but not great!
Reply 3753
Well that was a major, major letdown.
Reply 3754

Spoiler

sbarrie2
...snip...

There's no need to fly into an unfettered rage - I'm not advocating people posting spoilers without spoiler tags - you'll notice that I usually do use them - all I'm saying is that since you can't guarantee that someone won't post an unobscured spoiler, it makes sense to avoid the thread for your own good. Relying on other people = risky; relying on yourself = safe :yep:

Deshi
Someone ginving their opinion on whether something is good or not is not a spoiler. Do you not ever read a film review or see what kind of ratings it got before watching it?

Well yes, but that's different. I'm going to watch the next episode of Lost regardless, and I'd rather form my own opinion of the episode than start watching it with any preconceptions.
Just a note to remind people to use spoilers, I'd suggest if you are discussing something shown for the first time within 2/3 days then to use spoilers. It makes things more enjoyable for everyone =)
NOTICE 14th May 2010 :

Guys, there has been an issue raised with me with spoilers on here, if you are going to post spoilers, please be sure to put spoiler marks around them. I know I have accidently done it in the past couple of weeks, however it would be great if people didn't make it so obvious for people who haven't watched the episodes yet.

Can I just make this clear before people start having a go at me ;

this is the LOST society so it is for everybody, regardless of whether you have seen the episode or not, therefore it's good to show a little consideration sometimes.

Thanks!
Reply 3758
alex-hs
There's no need to fly into an unfettered rage - I'm not advocating people posting spoilers without spoiler tags - you'll notice that I usually do use them - all I'm saying is that since you can't guarantee that someone won't post an unobscured spoiler, it makes sense to avoid the thread for your own good. Relying on other people = risky; relying on yourself = safe :yep:

Well yes, but that's different. I'm going to watch the next episode of Lost regardless, and I'd rather form my own opinion of the episode than start watching it with any preconceptions.

You've missed my point. My whole point was that you can read a whole review or look at a rating of a film, so whether other people enjoyed it or not, and it wouldn't spoil the film/show. You were trying to say that by indicating whether someone liked an episode or not was a spoiler somehow, and I was arguing it wasn't.
Thoughts

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest