TSR LOST society! Watch

satisfactionatlast
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
One question about the purgatory/limbo thing. At first we all thought it was flashsideways. But some things don't make sense. Like for example, why was Kate in jail then? And suddenly, just like the others, she remembers stuff? Why is Sawyer a cope? How on earth is Juliet a doctor when she never worked in a hostpial before? How is Alex in school when she never went to school before! How is Ben even a teacher when he lived on an island all his life? Some might say he mights have gone back, etc, but how does that explain Alex going to school? She died! Most importantly, I don't get the bit about Kate being in jail and then remembering stuff....:confused: :confused: :confused:
satisfactionatlast
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pheylan)
that's some sick ****
elaborate on that please:rolleyes:
satisfactionatlast
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Not Your Usual)
I think when he said this, part of Jack realised what was going on. And he realised this wasn't his 'real' life but the part waiting to go onto his after life.
I know what you're saying but I don't know what you mean.:confused: So Jack did have a son?:confused:
rummang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by satisfactionatlast)
One question about the purgatory/limbo thing. At first we all thought it was flashsideways. But some things don't make sense. Like for example, why was Kate in jail then? And suddenly, just like the others, she remembers stuff? Why is Sawyer a cope? How on earth is Juliet a doctor when she never worked in a hostpial before? How is Alex in school when she never went to school before! How is Ben even a teacher when he lived on an island all his life? Some might say he mights have gone back, etc, but how does that explain Alex going to school? She died! Most importantly, I don't get the bit about Kate being in jail and then remembering stuff....:confused: :confused: :confused:
It was all a made-up world, so anything could happen. Of course that makes you question why some peoples fantasy-lives went pretty well, where others' did not. For example, Hurley is very lucky/rich/etc, but Kate is still a fugitive...
AndrewFromTheNorth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by satisfactionatlast)
Because it was in the 70s or something when they blew up the island or whatever it was they did at the end of season 5, and so the flash sideways was supposed to have started from then.

But maybe it actually started for them at the point that we seen it start, with them realising how good their lives good have turned out in hindsight, setting up lives for themselves that they never had.
s_libra
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I dont quite know how I feel about it! I think its still sinking in for me!

A few questions i did love the last scene with jack on the floor (the eyes linking it to the beginning). However they are dead right? Does that mean that the plane never made it and sawyer, kate etc died?

Was it a fantasy when the hydrogen bomb went off it actually killed everyone and that is why they are all dead. The alternate universe thing was just what there lives could have been like?

So they were all going to each others funerals????

And why did ben not come inside? there was more to it??

why did jack have to die, in the moment i saw him get up near the end i was like yayyyy his not going to die. The last 10 minutes were beautiful!

Even thought I am confused (clearly), its ok! Because I guess we arent really supposed to know everything thats what makes lost lost. And after 6 years how can I say that Im disappointed!
AndrewFromTheNorth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just thought of something!!

Very early on. Season 1 probably. Locke says 'I looked into the heart of the island. And what i saw was beautiful.' He can't have been talking about the smoke monster because we know that that certainly wasn't beautiful in any light. Maybe he was talking about the hole in the ground? Maybe this is a reference they planted to prove that they'd had this idea the whole time?
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh my, can't believe it's finally over :gasp: Thought the ending was alright, will need to watch it again sometime though.

Lost is the first programme I have watched from start to finish, can't believe it's over, gonna miss it tbh, always gave me something to look forward to :o:
Not Your Usual
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AndrewFromTheNorth)

Very early on. Season 1 probably. Locke says 'I looked into the heart of the island. And what i saw was beautiful.' He can't have been talking about the smoke monster because we know that that certainly wasn't beautiful in any light. Maybe he was talking about the hole in the ground? Maybe this is a reference they planted to prove that they'd had this idea the whole time?
Yeah could be, although I remember the smoke monster confronting him and showing him images (either in his dream or for real).
satisfactionatlast
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

yes but how on earth did he see the light? He wasn't even near the cave when Smokey was dragging him across the forest with Jake and Kate behind him!
Wednesday Bass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Man, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that it's over!

My theory:
When Jack came out alive from the cave where the light is, he was still alive because unlike the Man in Black he survived. I think what killed Jacobs brother was being thrown down the hole. I don't know how they both got back up to the surface but they landed in the same place. I reckon that Michael and Walt weren't in purgatory with them because they remembered Michael for leaving them. I think it would've been nice for someone to have Vincent with them in the Church though...

Thought it was a brilliant ending with Jack finishing the show how it started. I reckon if we go back now and watch some of the earlier series, some of it will make sense.

As someone said earlier - the last ten minutes were beautiful. Now I need some other TV show to get obsessed with.

JJ Abrams - you are more than mere mortal!

EDIT:
Just thought about Ben and why he didn't want to come into the Church at the end. If you look, everyone in the church was on flight 815. It was sort of a moment for all of the passengers to reunite and Ben didn't want to spoil it.
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Wednesday Bass)
Man, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that it's over!

My theory:
When Jack came out alive from the cave where the light is, he was still alive because unlike the Man in Black he survived. I think what killed Jacobs brother was being thrown down the hole. I don't know how they both got back up to the surface but they landed in the same place. I reckon that Michael and Walt weren't in purgatory with them because they remembered Michael for leaving them. I think it would've been nice for someone to have Vincent with them in the Church though...

Thought it was a brilliant ending with Jack finishing the show how it started. I reckon if we go back now and watch some of the earlier series, some of it will make sense.

As someone said earlier - the last ten minutes were beautiful. Now I need some other TV show to get obsessed with.

EDIT:
Just thought about Ben and why he didn't want to come into the Church at the end. If you look, everyone in the church was on flight 815. It was sort of a moment for all of the passengers to reunite and Ben didn't want to spoil it.
They didn't go into the church at the end because they weren't ready to move on.
dmallory42
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by s_libra)
I dont quite know how I feel about it! I think its still sinking in for me!

A few questions i did love the last scene with jack on the floor (the eyes linking it to the beginning). However they are dead right? Does that mean that the plane never made it and sawyer, kate etc died?
No. It just means that eventually, those people died, it may have been a long time after they left the island, they may have died of old age or something, they just eventually died.

Jacks father said to him "some of these people died before you, some of them died a long time after you."

And I think Ben didn't go inside because he feels he hasn't made up for his sins yet, so he's not ready to leave the world they have created.

Um... JJ Abrams was only involved in the Pilot and a bit of season 1. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are the people you want to be thanking.
Emmie3303
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I'd forgotten about that! I think they planted little references like that all the way through . Like when Locke was teaching Walt the rules of Backgammon and he held up two counters, one that was black and one that was white. I always thought that referred to MIB and Jacob. (Did we ever get to find out the secret Locke told Walt, I can't remember.)
Wednesday Bass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmallory42)
Um... JJ Abrams was only involved in the Pilot and a bit of season 1. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are the people you want to be thanking.
But without JJ Abrams we wouldn't have Lost.
s_libra
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmallory42)
No. It just means that eventually, those people died, it may have been a long time after they left the island, they may have died of old age or something, they just eventually died.

Jacks father said to him "some of these people died before you, some of them died a long time after you."

And I think Ben didn't go inside because he feels he hasn't made up for his sins yet, so he's not ready to leave the world they have created.
Just figured that out after writing it. I think at first your supposed to be confused about the ending at first, but then you go away and think about it and you realise oh the ending not bad at all
alex-hs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Emmie3303)
(Did we ever get to find out the secret Locke told Walt, I can't remember.)
Wasn't it that he used to be in a wheelchair? (It's been a long time... I could be wrong...)
s_libra
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
EDIT:
Just rewatched the ending of lost (watching it a second time was more emotional for some reason!:p: )and realised that penny was there she was not on oceanic 815??
rummang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Honestly who gives a **** about theorising at this point? It's clear that nothing in this show mattered. I thought the finale cleared that up? 120 episodes full of content and then episode #121 comes along and goes "Remember all that stuff? Forget about it, come check this irrelevant badboy out that we just made up in the last season and has nothing to do with anything we previously showed you".
dmallory42
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by s_libra)
Just figured that out after writing it. I think at first your supposed to be confused about the ending at first, but then you go away and think about it and you realise oh the ending not bad at all
Yeah I had the same thought to be honest, I was a bit doubtful at first but the ending gets more clever the more I think about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (7)
17.07%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (18)
43.9%
Nope, not that interesting (16)
39.02%

Watched Threads