Turn on thread page Beta

TSR LOST society! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    You're an idiot.

The only thing they knew about the end was something J.J. Abrams wrote and that was "It will end with Jack closing his eyes". OH MY GOD THEY KNEW THE END SINCE THE BEGINNING!!!!!!! No they ******* didn't, they had no idea how the story would close, they just knew what the last 5 seconds would be.

That's like saying the writers of Friends knew how it would end after they wrote episode 1 because they said "The last episode will have people hugging in it". HOLY ****, EVERYONE HUGGED IN THAT EPISODE! AMAZING!

You'd eat up anything writers say.
    Holy poop sherlock you got me!

Last May, ABC and the executive producers of Lost came to an agreement about when the hit series will come to an end. They decided will be three more seasons of 16 episodes each with the finale expected to air in May 2010. Once those 48 episodes are done, that’s it – no movies or sequels. With that firm finish in mind, the producers can figure out what’s next for the ever-dwindling group of plane crash survivors. One thing’s for sure, the writers know exactly how the series will end.

In recent interviews, the executive producers explained that they’ve always known how Lost will end, right down to the final shot. Co-creator and executive producer Damon Lindelof says, “We always knew the ending. We just didn’t know how much time to take before we got there. So, yes, it still completely fits with where we’re at in the storytelling right now. With 48 episodes to go, it’s exciting to be working towards an endpoint we’re already familiar with.”

Executive Producer Carlton Cuse says that the series will make use of both flashbacks and flash-forwards as the series progresses. But, he says, “it would be wrong to think that the flash-forward you saw [at the end of season three] is the end of the series.”

Cuse confirmed that he and Lindelof indeed have a final shot in mind. Though he wouldn’t give any clues about what it is, he would share what it’s not. “Yes, we do know what the last image of the show is, and it won’t be a black screen!” I’m guessing they won’t be ending it like this either.
    Published: October 5, 2007

So do you already know how the series will end and does it fit with what was planned from the beginning (at least concept wise )?

Damon Lindelof: We always knew the ending, we just didn't know how much time to take before we got there. So, yes, it still completely fits with where we're at in the storytelling right now. With 48 episodes to go, it's exciting to be working towards an endpoint we're already familiar with.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, and the neg rep was for...?

ReputationRep:
    OK I know exactly what's going to be happen on November 3rd 2020. I'm not going to say what, but when that day comes I guarantee what I was thinking of will happen and on that day I'll say "Told you so".

Your logic's really got me tied up, dumbass.

ReputationRep:
    OK I know exactly what's going to be happen on November 3rd 2020. I'm not going to say what, but when that day comes I guarantee what I was thinking of will happen and on that day I'll say "Told you so".

Your logic's really got me tied up, dumbass.
    Have you got a crayon shoved up your nose?

ReputationRep:
    There is actually an article from one of the writers, that he wrote for Bad Robot, and one paragraph states that they had more planned than just Jack's eye closing

But, from a more "behind the scenes" note: the reason Ben's not in the church, and the reason no one is in the church but for Season 1 people is because they wrote the ending to the show after writing the pilot. And never changed it. The writers always said (and many didn't believe them) that they knew their ending from the very first episode. I applaud them for that. It's pretty fantastic. Originally Ben was supposed to have a 3 episode arc and be done. But he became a big part of the show. They could have easily changed their ending and put him in the church -- but instead they problem solved it. Gave him a BRILLIANT moment with Locke outside the church ... and then that was it. I loved that. For those that wonder -- the original ending started the moment Jack walked into the church and touches the casket to Jack closing his eyes as the other plane flies away. That was always JJ's ending. And they kept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachael.)

That scene was so sad, I'm welling up just thinking about it :cry2: Gosh, I'm so pathetic :shy2: :laugh:

EDIT: I forgot to say that I am down with this TSR Mega LOST rewatch thing :woo: When do we start? :gah:
    OMG! There's one? Can I join you guys? Basically my summer holiday already started and I'm so bored, so that will keep me entertained

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    How many episodes a week do you think we should watch?
    How about a season every week? So that will take up to one month and 2 weeks, and that's still a long time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Remember there are 20 more minutes in the DVD release (although that is a bit cheap making us buy the DVD for more answers - but it could be worth it!).
    Don't bother. I bet someone will upload it on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Did yous guys watch this? :lol:

Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse's Alternate LOST Endings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKyj...ture=topvideos

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot.

The only thing they knew about the end was something J.J. Abrams wrote and that was "It will end with Jack closing his eyes". OH MY GOD THEY KNEW THE END SINCE THE BEGINNING!!!!!!! No they ******* didn't, they had no idea how the story would close, they just knew what the last 5 seconds would be.

That's like saying the writers of Friends knew how it would end after they wrote episode 1 because they said "The last episode will have people hugging in it". HOLY ****, EVERYONE HUGGED IN THAT EPISODE! AMAZING!

You'd eat up anything writers say.
    haha your a ******* loser, they knew they end and they have said many times that the end was planned. From when Jack touched the coffin till the very end. So stop *****ing just coz you don't have the brains (or the balls) to understand and accept the ending.

ReputationRep:
    All i can say is what TV series can you name that had so many theories and speculations from people as LOST? Its so sad its over

ReputationRep:
    One last question. When Desmond was in the alt-universe (or purgatory/limbo), was he unconcious in the real island world? Because when he faints in limbo, he wakes up in real island world. Now, I know they aren't Parallel but it got me thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Your Usual)
    One last question. When Desmond was in the alt-universe (or purgatory/limbo), was he unconcious in the real island world? Because when he faints in limbo, he wakes up in real island world. Now, I know they aren't Parallel but it got me thinking.
    When he gets knocked unconscious by the electromagnetism, he witnessed his life in 'flash-sideways', even though he was only unconscious for a few seconds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    I would like to start as soon as possible. I want to start a thread just to see how many people would be interested in doing a complete rewatch. How many episodes a week do you think we should watch?
    ooh I wanna be involved :yep: I'm pathetic,I can't let go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    We only know what the the characters experience as they progress through the story line. Unless you wanted a documentary on the history of the island and all it's inhabitants? Or is it just answers you want for all the mysteries? Remember there are 20 more minutes in the DVD release (although that is a bit cheap making us buy the DVD for more answers - but it could be worth it!). And you say they didn't have a way to 'bring it all together and tie it all up', they knew how it was going to end from the beginning (even Fox knew that).

I'm happy not knowing everything - that's life. And LOST was a story about the journey the passengers of flight 815, not a murder mystery. You say you wanted an intellectual finish, in what way? Like a physics equation to explain all the mechanics of the island? It's also cheap to say it wasn't a coherent end to the series, but offer no alternative. And explain what deviation you would have made in season 2?

Also regarding the 'mysteries', I have lived in my neighbourhood for 9 years, and I don't know why certain buildings were built where they are. Why the hell should I expect a TV show that covers 3 years to explain why a statue is in place, or why a cave or temple exists?!?
    The show was about the people and the circumstances they encountered on the island.

For me, it's not what I know, it's what I felt.

(if you really want to know more, basically go to lostpedia-

the numbers
    frozen wheel
    the lost experience
    Valenzetti equation
    DHARMA Initiative)
    My annoyance is more with the writers and its clear that they were just making things up as the went along even if they did have a vague idea of how it might end up. Someone suggested on another forum they had the idea for the final 2 scenes already in their minds at the start - but that doesn't really add much to it because the path they took to get there could have happened a million and one ways.

As I say I am happy not having it handed to me on a plate but I don't like the idea of them making lots of things seem significant and then totally ignoring or glossing over them. I would expect them to explain things because they spent screentime implying they had significance.

I don't know how I would have taken it, it was a totally different show back then, I probably would have focussed on Dharma and The Others. What I wouldn't have done is made loads of stuff up for the hell of it and in the process get up the backs of most fans.

It all started getting a bit wild in season 3 IMO - the viewing figures were falling big time in the USA and the fact that they had to annouce they were finishing the show in 3 seasons says it all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    All i can say is what TV series can you name that had so many theories and speculations from people as LOST? Its so sad its over
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_peaks

ReputationRep:
    Did the time travel section have any relevance? I can't think of any at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_peaks

never heard of it sorry. Ok tv shows that started in the 21st century

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    never heard of it sorry. Ok tv shows that started in the 21st century
    the first series of Twin Peaks is the best series of TV show ever made IMO. far far better then lost. it was only 7 episodes mind.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see the last episode and feel slighltly confused. I mean yeah I understand that it's trying to show that they finally made off the island, but what was that place at the end. It would have all made sense if Jacks dad hadn't opened that door at the end.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.