Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    I honestly think that if we watch the entire series all over again, from the first season, then we would understand at least 95% of LOST
    Yeah me too. So far we have realised that Locke knew the island was special because it healed him and he also saw the light. One of the many reasons he was my fave character was because of his belief in the island and this explains that.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys seen the recap episode?? It was made prior to the finale but it's pretty good, obviously being only an hour and a quarter long it can only explain so much, but what it does explain is good and goes right from the first episode. Plus it has interviews with the cast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
    Have you guys seen the recap episode?? It was made prior to the finale but it's pretty good, obviously being only an hour and a quarter long it can only explain so much, but what it does explain is good and goes right from the first episode. Plus it has interviews with the cast.
    yeah, that actually helped me quite a lot

so why was Charles Widmore trying to destroy the island?

ReputationRep:
    I would join if I knew where I am...

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the finale tonight, so disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoRowlingRocks)
    Just watched the finale tonight, so disappointed
    what disappointed you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theQClawyer)
    what disappointed you?
    The cliché going into a church & into the light together, and that we didn't get to see what happened to those who died naturally as old people or whatever. Miles, Claire, Frank, Sawyer, Kate etc.

Also there's a fair few things that I'm still confused about, but I only watched properly from Season 5. The main ones are why would the island need protecting once Lockeblacksmokeman is dead, if that's what Jacob was protecting it from, and how did [nameless twin of Jacob] get turned into the black smoke (maybe I missed something in that episode??). Also who the heck were the two women; Jacob's actual mother and the woman that killed her?

ReputationRep:
    The cliché going into a church & into the light together, and that we didn't get to see what happened to those who died naturally as old people or whatever. Miles, Claire, Frank, Sawyer, Kate etc.

Also there's a fair few things that I'm still confused about, but I only watched properly from Season 5. The main ones are why would the island need protecting once Lockeblacksmokeman is dead, if that's what Jacob was protecting it from, and how did [nameless twin of Jacob] get turned into the black smoke (maybe I missed something in that episode??). Also who the heck were the two women; Jacob's actual mother and the woman that killed her?
    I think maybe you need to rewatch some episodes.

Twin guy went into the light and came out dead/black smoke.

Jacobs mother came onto the Island on a boat I think and was killed when she had the twins by the protector of the light, who passed it onto Jacob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    I think maybe you need to rewatch some episodes.

Twin guy went into the light and came out dead/black smoke.

Jacobs mother came onto the Island on a boat I think and was killed when she had the twins by the protector of the light, who passed it onto Jacob.
    Yeah I saw that episode, I meant why did he turn into black smoke when he went into the light, but then Jack & Desmond were alright? Except Jack dying lol, but he had been stabbed.

And as for the mother(s), I wasn't sure whether they had some other significance, whether they'd been seen before... Seems a bit random to introduce new characters that you never find out anything about so close to the end. Where did the real mother come from? Why were the twins special? Why did the protector choose them? And that leads to the question of course, who replaced Hurley :p: It would have been such a better ending, IMO, if the island didn't need protecting anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw that episode, I meant why did he turn into black smoke when he went into the light, but then Jack & Desmond were alright? Except Jack dying lol, but he had been stabbed.

And as for the mother(s), I wasn't sure whether they had some other significance, whether they'd been seen before... Seems a bit random to introduce new characters that you never find out anything about so close to the end. Where did the real mother come from? Why were the twins special? Why did the protector choose them? And that leads to the question of course, who replaced Hurley :p: It would have been such a better ending, IMO, if the island didn't need protecting anymore.
    dunno why he turned into the black smoke.

Jack survived because he was the protector I guess. Desmond survived because he has an unusual resistance to electro magnetic activity I think.

---

the real mother was shipwrecked i think like many others

the twins were made special as the lady was going to make one a protector

i guess someone has been protecting the island for many years

i guess the light always needs protecting even if there is no man in black

I agree with you though - generally it was all a bit sloppy.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question. Didn't Jaxbo's brother see the light and fall into it as it were and become the monster. If so how didn't Jack become it? Especially seeing as they both landed in the same place when thrown out...

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it depends on your soul or something. Jacob's brother seemed to be full of malice, having just killed his mother so the Island made him suffer...much like Hell. Jack has always had good intent/been a good guy, so he was thrown out unharmed, but of course he had a knife-wound so he died.

ReputationRep:
    I've concluded the whole light thing and black monster is just bs. It's all very contrived, it just doesn't fit nicely. The thing I'll remember about Lost is some of the outstanding scenes and episodes, but none of the MIB/light/twin brothers nonsense which doesn't hold up at all. The Jacob thing seemed good in Season 5 (the best series) but it just went in to contrived fairy tale land, making it all very weakly believable. It is clear the writers didn't have a sufficently clear idea of how to wrap things up. No it's not a mystery-- it's a muddle and it shows.

As I said earlier too, the whole 'we're a big family and live happily ever after in a conveniently alternate universe with our memories intact' is a big cop out. Kill them and be done with it. The writers needed to show some balls, I mean Charlie's death stands out as one of the greatest scenes in the show- that's how it's done.

ReputationRep:
    Season 5 is the best? Yeah right. Season 1 was the best, when we had scenes like this:

Definitely one of the best scenes in the entire show, the music is brilliant too.

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked Season 2 - when we were getting introduce to the 'Others' and the tail section characters. It's a shame they didn't keep on more of the tail section characters. Damn you Michael Dawson!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    Season 5 is the best? Yeah right. Season 1 was the best, when we had scenes like this:

Definitely one of the best scenes in the entire show, the music is brilliant too.
    Season 1 close second for me, S5 is still my favourite. The whole 70's thing and Dharma initiative was cool. Season 1 was pretty explosive when it came on the scene though :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)

Such a beautiful scene :cry2: :love:

God I can't wait to start the rewatch :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll start my rewatch after my last exam. I'll get too drawn in if I do it before the end of my exams.

ReputationRep:
    I can summarise the first few seasons:

Jack: Kate!
    Kate: Jaack!
    Jack: Kaaate!
    Kate: Jaaack!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I can summarise the first few seasons:

Jack: Kate!
    Kate: Sawyer!
    Sawyer: Freckles!
    Charlie: Claire?
    Fixed.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.