?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
wat do you mean by 'full of rahs'?
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Rahs are supposedly rich or pseudorich snobs who own far too many a pashmina, or rugby shirt (male rah). Rahs are annoying because they're focused way too much on balls, dressing up, and have a superiority complex.
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
(Original post by fishpaste)
Rahs are supposedly rich or pseudorich snobs who own far too many a pashmina, or rugby shirt (male rah). Rahs are annoying because they're focused way too much on balls, dressing up, and have a superiority complex.
so, in your opinion, do these kind of people make up Christ Church, Ox?
hildabeast
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
There are certainly a fair amount there, yes. A couple of years ago apparently 1/3rd of all ChCh undergraduates had been to Eton. I think it's less now but there is a strong connection with the school. Having said that, though, I know a fair few people from ChCh and they are reasonably normal (by Oxford standards).

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I stayed in Christ Church for a week. A few of their students took the piss out of me for being a little 'slow.' But, they did seem bright and I was making a bit of an idiot of myself. The student who I was stayed with was forced by her dad to goto Oxford against her will, which I thought was a bit tragic. (She also got ABC at Alevell, she *really* didn't want to go.)

But yes, Christ Church did seem a bit up itself at times, but some people would thrive in such an environment. You should go have a look now that you've narrowed it down to these few colleges. You'll probably know for sure once you've visited.
hildabeast
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
The student who I was stayed with was forced by her dad to goto Oxford against her will, which I thought was a bit tragic. (She also got ABC at Alevell, she *really* didn't want to go.)
Hey what??? Is this possible??? Hmmm, if it is it's certainly very unusual

fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
Hey what??? Is this possible??? Hmmm, if it is it's certainly very unusual

Well it seemed to be a "if you don't goto Oxford I'll make you even more miserable than you already are!" kind of arrangement. If you're asking about the grades, it was the access scheme which seemed to manage that one. Anyway, she was deeply unhappy person.
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
also, keble college, ox has just caught my eye....it looks very respectable....any thoughs?
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
also, keble college, ox has just caught my eye....it looks very respectable....any thoughs?
aka the brick. Personally I thought it was very nice. For me, it was between Worcester and Keble, though I went for Worcester in the end.
Keble has the most undergraduates ( good/bad depending on what you want), has guaranteed 3 year on site accomodation ( I think) and is cetainly very beautiful in my opinion. Are you thinking of going to the open days in June/July? It would be a good idea to go if possible.
dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If I was a lawyer, I'd go for the oxford course as you graduate in jurisprudence, which is unique. Check out the courses first before deciding on colleges maybe?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (381)
14.83%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (285)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (362)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (120)
4.67%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.03%
Loneliness (218)
8.49%
Financial worries (94)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.25%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (225)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (242)
9.42%

Watched Threads