Is A Level Poltics a "Mickey Mouse" subject? Watch

pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by M_Jenkins)
I've been really worried about my AS Subjects lately due to recent threads popping up. Next year I'm hoping to drop Accounting for Fast Track History or RS but now I'm left with the feeling that none of my A levels are good for University. Can you please give me advice?
The AS level across all boards is easy, and could be considered pretty much mickey mouse.

The A2 course differs in difficulty according to boards/options. In Edexcel, some of the options are easier than others - while the board I did (OCR) you have a choice between Political Theory (which is more detailed than edexcels theory module) and US Politics. In my opinion, US politics is pretty much a doss at A2 level - and very easy to gain top marks in - political theory is harder, but not terribly difficult - since the amount you have to grasp is fairly limited compared to university political theory.

Besides, is any A-level not a mickey mouse subject these days?
Lottie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cor)
Besides, is any A-level not a mickey mouse subject these days?
Hahaha. Excellent point!

I'm doing the political theory option next year with OCR but sometimes I'd rather do the US option.
Nice One Sunderland!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm applying for Politics and all my offers have included Gov & Pol as an A2 subject so I would definatly say it isn't a mickey mouse subject... I think things like Film Studies are more suited to that category
Beca
Report 13 years ago
I'm currently studying govt and politics for A-level with AQA and it's certainly a challenge! I definitely wouldnt call it a "Mickey Mouse" subject. At AS I found it more challenging than History, but currently I'm finding History more of a struggle.
Luckily last year I had a friend in yr 13 who's amazing at politics and he was a huge help with GOV 3 revision! I'm going to re-sit GOV 1 in January as it was the only module I got a B in and left me 4 marks off an A overall- :mad: !
Finding the American stuff and comparitive module (US v UK) really interesting!
I had never considered studying politics at uni before AS but now it's pretty much what I want to do in some shape or form!

Beca
girlgerms
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Beca)
I'm going to re-sit GOV 1 in January as it was the only module I got a B in and left me 4 marks off an A overall- :mad:
A boy in my class got an E in Gov1, a B in Gov2 and an A in Gov3... Needless to say he is re-sitting. It's bizarre.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Politics AS is pretty easy, most people in my class got A's for Gov1 but C/D for the other units, I got an A in all modules but i'm resitting Gov2 as I only got 80 for it. The A2 is much more challenging though incredibly boring I hate the USA wish we could do political theory instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.03%
No (459)
72.97%

Watched Threads