Should Gays be allowed to adopt? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My general argument is that if gay relationships and people are unstable (because of the very fact tey are gay in my opinion) then letting them adopt is wrong. I think homosexuality is a negative result of childhood experiences and don't think anything good will come of gay couples raising kids.

If you say no, then you have a clear double standard.
It is not the same. Because black people are black from birth for clearly defined reasons. They are not black because of childhood experiences. This is why it boils down to homosexuality and not just gay adoption.
andyukguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There is however the problem of the child growing up and thinking that being gay is normal.
(Original post by Sophistress)
Which it is, so no problem there.
Hahahahaha hahaha hahaha!!!

Yeah you're right men bumming is totally normal, even natural. That's the only reason the hole is there right? Good way for the human race to survive this whole gay thing :rolleyes:

Get a grip, damn Liberals.

Andrew
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by andyukguy)
Yeah you're right men bumming is totally normal, even natural.
You're telling me as a man you would refuse to have anal sex with a woman. WTF. :eek:

I'm also pretty sure that sticking a penis in your mouth is also unnatural. So I do hope you won't be a recipient of such unnatural activities. You would refuse a blowjob as well. :eek: Must be sexually frustrated, but you can't masturbate can you? It's unnatural now isn't it? So the only sex you will get is to have kids and you'll be a virgin until you do...
SB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Yeah you're right men bumming is totally normal, even natural. That's the only reason the hole is there right? Good way for the human race to survive this whole gay thing :rolleyes:

Andrew
Homosexual activities have been observed in other species' of animals.
National Geographic: homosexual activity amongst animals stirs debate
Please refrain from immature and personal comments, they don't add to the debate.
I also noticed that you're ignoring my questions and replies to your previous posts - you'd make me very happy if you came up with some rational answers to them.
Please don't restrict this to gay men... women can be gay too you know.
Sophistress
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Andrew
I'm glad you find me so amusing.

And yes, it occurs within the natural world, hence, it is natural.

Not too difficult for you, I hope?
Sophistress
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Northumbrian)
My general argument is that if gay relationships and people are unstable (because of the very fact tey are gay in my opinion) then letting them adopt is wrong. I think homosexuality is a negative result of childhood experiences and don't think anything good will come of gay couples raising kids.

It is not the same. Because black people are black from birth for clearly defined reasons. They are not black because of childhood experiences. This is why it boils down to homosexuality and not just gay adoption.
Now you're guilty of moving the goalposts.

Your argument was, in short, 'gay people shouldn't be allowed to adopt because they have a higher divorce rate relative to their hetrosexual counterparts'. However, when I pointed out that other minority groups also have higher divorce rates relative to the rest of society, you shifted the goalposts, making your initial argument totally redundant, or even obsolete.

So, your actual contention is that gays are gay because they were all raped by their uncles as young children, as such making them unfit to parent, and there is only one thing I can say to that; :rolleyes: .

a) You have no evidence of this.
b) There is evidence to the contrary, if you check back a few pages.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm surprised by how much some of you *apparently* straight people have thought about this whole issue. Maybe you are, er, sexually confused?
Sophistress
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by red_roadkill)
I'm surprised by how much some of you *apparently* straight people have thought about this whole issue. Maybe you are, er, sexually confused?
Not at all. I am, however, a devout believer in civil liberties and the protection thereof.

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
- Pastor Martin Niemöller

Comprenez?
SB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe they care about what is right and wrong.
Thinking about issues which make a difference to some peoples lives can only be a good thing.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by skevvybritt)
Maybe they care about what is right and wrong.
Thinking about issues which make a difference to some peoples lives can only be a good thing.
Fair enough - I agree, I'm just getting annoyed by the narrow-mindedness of this thread.
SB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fair enough - I agree, I'm just getting annoyed by the narrow-mindedness of this thread.
I think we all are. I hate it that some people cannot think outside the box.
But OK, *shakes hand*.
LC01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Which it is, so no problem there.
Being gay is not normal, I can tolerate it, but I will never except it as being normal.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just passing through; and so, my two penneth:

"Role-modelling" is an implicitly societal concern. The likelihood is that a child raised by two, ostentatiously "camp" gay men would itself, by way of nurture, inherit some semblance of those character traits; so what? Said 'traits' are naught but cosmetic; the argument that homosexuality can itself be "evinced" via like means has been disproved, thereby quashing any genetic or humanitarian imperative: in short, your argument is rubbish.

Unless, of course, you might venture to argue against the issue of children by, or to, a "camp", heterosexual male: truly, that would be a sight to behold. What next; are those who publicly lend their endorsement to the British National Party to be prevented from claiming their birthright, also?

Oh, wait: perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad idea, after all. :rolleyes:
madjackie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Personally I think as long as someone can provide a stable and loving environment for a child the sexual orientation of their relationship is irrelevant. Arguing that a gay relationship is more unstable and looking at statistics and stuff, what about the amount of marriages that end in divorce?? each relationship is individual and to generalise is unfair. Using statistics is fine but everyone knows they can be flawed, are rarely applicable to everyone and often blighted by methodological problems. And anyway the adoption process looks at things like this and wont let anyone unsuitable adopt. I mean consider the fact there is a process in place to review people who want to adopt and ensure they will provide a good environment for a child and then think that anyone can have kids.
Any relationship can break up its a fact of life, just like anyone can love someone. I dont think just because someone is gay they should be prevented from adopting a child if they will love him/her and go through the same adoption checks as hetrosexual couples.
Sophistress
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LC01)
Being gay is not normal, I can tolerate it, but I will never except it as being normal.
Well, then I'm afraid you're living in ignorance, which, as a self-proclaimed facsist, is hardly suprising.

Good day to you, sir.
SB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LC01)
Please see my previous post, #434, for an answer to this.
It is natural

nat·u·ral (năch'ər-əl, năch'rəl)
adj.
Present in or produced by nature: a natural pearl.
Of, relating to, or concerning nature: a natural environment.
Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature: a natural death.
Not acquired; inherent: Love of power is natural to some people.
Having a particular character by nature: a natural leader.
Biology.Not produced or changed artificially; not conditioned: natural immunity; a natural reflex.
Characterized by spontaneity and freedom from artificiality, affectation, or inhibitions.
Not altered, treated, or disguised:natural coloring; natural produce.
Faithfully representing nature or life.
Expected and accepted: “In Willie's mind marriage remained the natural and logical sequence to love” (Duff Cooper).
Established by moral certainty or conviction: natural rights.

As I have previously said, normality is only belonging to the majority (which, as a member of the BNP, you clearly aren't), so really proves nothing.
madjackie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LC01)
People who argue that being gay "isnt normal" or against nature seem to fail to recognise that the very fact it exists in quite a large number of people means that it is very much part of human nature. Just because something isnt the majority doesnt mean its abnormal, and just because you personally are against something doesnt mean you have the right to judge how other people live and generalise an entire section of the population as abnormal. Learn some tolerance.
LC01
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, then I'm afraid you're living in ignorance, which, as a self-proclaimed facsist, is hardly suprising.

Good day to you, sir.
If you think being gay is the normal thing, one can only presume you think being straight is abnormal. I belive you are the one living in ignorance, ignorance of the natural way of things.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LC01)
Ohhh well that's just great for you :rolleyes:

I think your point about "being gay is not normal" is completely flawed by the fact that it is NOT a choice and that it is wholly uncontrollable to a gay person. Therefore, it is natural and it is normal. Society is telling you that it isn't normal, and I feel sorry for you that you can't think beyond those barriers that are set in place.

Oh, sp *accept, not except.
Sophistress
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LC01)
If you think being gay is the normal thing, one can only presume you think being straight is abnormal. I belive you are the one living in ignorance, ignorance of the natural way of things.
No dear, the world isn't that black and white. Honest.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed