Should Gays be allowed to adopt? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
Homophobia is not caused by homosexuality. What a perverse statement. It is caused by bigotry and suspicion.

It implies that the fault lies with the homosexual - clearly nonsense. It is akin to claiming a black person is to blame is someone is racial prejudice against them because of their colour.
This is not about blaming homosexuals for the descrimination they suffer. It's about the fact that they do suffer descrimination through a homophobic via because they are homosexual. That's a pretty simple causal concept.

It's also pretty simple to move from this idea to state the fact that this negatively impacts homosexual life.

So it's not a perverse statement. It's a fact of life.
LARA2005
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Well, live and let live is my motto. I couldn't care less if someone wants to spend three days picking baked beans out from underneath their foreskin after they have sex.
Actually you are right, I cant be arsed being pissed at them, let them have their way.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Self-imposed risk of disease by partaking in unprotected sex has nothing to do with a person's sexuality. There is not a genetic pre-disposition in gay men that means they have to have unprotected sex. :rolleyes:
What does genetics have to do with it? There is is a cultural propensity for homosexuals to have unprotected sex and lots of it.
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What does genetics have to do with it? There is is a cultural propensity for homosexuals to have unprotected sex and lots of it.
Care to substantiate?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by beekeeper_)
Care to substantiate?
What, for about the 20th time in 18 months of posting on UKL? No. Do your own googling.
LARA2005
Report 13 years ago
Good point, even if there were a "gay gene"(which there's not) I really doubt there's a "lets have it up the rear with no condom gene"
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LARA2005)
Why, do you talk s**t?
Do you really think the mouth was designed by nature so your chick can perform oral sex on you? It's meant to be for eating and drinking only using the same logic as the anus only being used for disposing of waste.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What, for about the 20th time in 18 months of posting on UKL? No. Do your own googling.
Don't throw around crap then, if youre not prepared to back it up when requested.

Homophobic people usually have a weak argument, so i don't expect anything more from you.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LARA2005)
Good point, even if there were a "gay gene"(which there's not) I really doubt there's a "lets have it up the rear with no condom gene"
This is a bit old but no sane person that knows anything at all about the gay scene will deny the rampant promiscuity and laissez faire attitude towards protection.

http://www.caps.ucsf.edu/UAInews.html
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't throw around crap then, if youre not prepared to back it up when requested.

Homophobic people usually have a weak argument, so i don't expect anything more from you.
I'm not homophobic and I've posted something above so shut your mouth.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This is a bit old but no sane person that knows anything at all about the gay scene will deny the rampant promiscuity and laissez faire attitude towards protection.

http://www.caps.ucsf.edu/UAInews.html
You are right, not only is this source from the United States, but it is six years old.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Northumbrian)
RESPECT supports gay rights. My views, as is clear, are not politically motivated, nor are they religiously motivated. They are motivated from life experience and research. So ataloss, do not be so stupid as to confuse the two.
Using evidence from the USA where people get on their religious cherry picking Bible-bashing moral high-horse yes. Does help using evidence from this country.
Ataloss
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Northumbrian)

Anal sex is more painful than any other penetrative sex. It carries a MUCH greater risk of aids than other unprotected sex. There is a much higher chance of complications resulting in anal sex.
Stop talking rubbish about things you clearly know little about. You do not get AIDS from unprotected sex - you contract HIV which may then at some stage develop into the syndrome. It is an extremely important distinction.

All unprotected intercourse carries a significant risk of contracting HIV whether it be homosexual or heterosexual. However, the risk of protected anal sex is no greater than that of protected heterosexual intercourse. As no-one encourages the former practice - it is not a helpful statistic at all (not that such a statistic exists as it is extremely difficult to quantify the risk of HIV transmission during unprotected sex).

You were right when you said your training was "modest". If you need further support - please feel to PM me.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You are right, not only is this source from the United States, but it is six years old.
Oh, so suddenly gays have become more responsible? It's a study from SF, probably the gayest city in the world so it's bound to be irrelevant. :rolleyes:
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Stop talking rubbish about things you clearly know little about. You do not get AIDS from unprotected sex - you contract HIV which may then at some stage develop into the syndrome. It is an extremely important distinction.
It's an extremely important medical distinction, one that we're all aware of. It's an extremely unimportant disrinction to make in the spirit of this debate since we all know what Northumbria means.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh, so suddenly gays have become more responsible? It's a study from SF, probably the gayest city in the world so it's bound to be irrelevant. :rolleyes:
uhm yes, attitudes are different in the United States, it is a completely different society. The fact that it is "probably the gayest" city in the world could even distort it moreso.

If you are going to suggest "gays have a promiscous culture", you find evidence which supports this, not only in OUR society, but elsewhere in the world. So far you have offered nothing.

All i could extapolate from this is that:
"There appears to be habit, in the late 1990's, to have unprotected gay sex in SF". Like i care what happens over there...
Ataloss
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There is sadly a cultural propensity at the moment for both young heterosexuals and homosexuals to have lots of unprotected sex and lots of it - it is not unique to the gay community.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There is sadly a cultural propensity at the moment for both young heterosexuals and homosexuals to have lots of unprotected sex and lots of it - it is not unique to the gay community.
Exactly, and it is myths like this that contribute to a society that is so hostile to gays, and the way they live.
Put it this way. If people minded their own business when it comes to individuals personal relationships, then i imagine suicide rates in the gay community would be markedy lower.
LARA2005
Report 13 years ago
Exactly, and it is myths like this that contribute to a society that is so hostile to gays, and the way they live.
Put it this way. If people minded their own business when it comes to individuals personal relationships, then i imagine suicide rates in the gay community would be markedy lower.
So a lot of gays commit suicide?
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OK so the gay scene is promiscuous - it is, I will not deny that, and some gay people put it about a lot.

BUT, I think we need to look at the reasons why someof them do this:-

- They have probably felt the need to hide their sexuality throughout their teenage years and probably beyond - so when they finally come out there's a psychological sense of making up for lost youth or simply going for it and having some fun - that our bigoted society denied them.

I find homophobia completely abhorrent and unjust. If you DON'T LIKE what gay people get up to, then don't concern yourselves with it. If you don't like it - it's only because your mind has been contaminated by societies' prejudice. Homphobia shows no constructive or independent thought whatsoever.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed