The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Howard
Read it again and try to understand. Surely you're not as thick as everybody else. What would make for a very pleasent change is for people on UKL to read what's written rather than what they want to read.

Its all very well to read what you say and accept it as gospel. We are only trying to assess the pragmatics of what youre saying.
I am sure Sophistress is not as "thick" as "everybody else" either.
Howard
Read it again and try to understand. Surely you're not as thick as everybody else. What would make for a very pleasent change is for people on UKL to read what's written rather than what they want to read.

Ok, I went back and found the quotes I'm refering to.

It really doesn't matter that suicide is probably caused by homophobia. Homophobia is caused by homosexuality so we get back to the same cause which is homosexuality.

First, let me clarify. You're saying that, since homosexuality is the cause of homophobia it in turn is the cause of high suicide rates, etc., correct?

This is not about blaming homosexuals for the descrimination they suffer. It's about the fact that they do suffer descrimination through a homophobic via because they are homosexual. That's a pretty simple causal concept.

It's also pretty simple to move from this idea to state the fact that this negatively impacts homosexual life.

So it's not a perverse statement. It's a fact of life.

So, again, here you're saying homosexuals suffer as a result of homophobia which is caused by their homosexuality, but that isn't their fault. Correct?

So their homosexuality is the cause of homophobia. How is this any different from racism against blacks being the result of black skin? Sexism being the result of vaginas?

For the record, I don't think you're homophobic.
Howard

You deserve negative rep for some of the comments you made. Even though I have a red gem now it was worth it. Homophobia should not be tolerated.
Reply 663
fivebyfive
You deserve negative rep for some of the comments you made. Even though I have a red gem now it was worth it. Homophobia should not be tolerated.

"Homophobia" oooooooo scare word :ahhhhh: hahaha, personally I dont want to tolerate homosexuality but the law says its allowed so what can ya do?
LARA2005
"Homophobia" oooooooo scare word :ahhhhh: hahaha, personally I dont want to tolerate homosexuality but the law says its allowed so what can ya do?

oh well thats so mature. Maybe its just that you dont like the idea of being labelled with something so many disapprove of? After all its rare that someone admits to being homophobic but it sure as hell exsists.
Homophobia is generally defined as "prejudice against (fear or dislike of) homosexual people and homosexuality" which sounds to me pretty much like what you expressing. If you cant live with the terms maybe you should consider not fufilling the terms to be categorised under them.... :smile:
LARA2005

Fire the ovens?
Reply 666
fivebyfive

What comments did I make? Erm......gays are discriminated against because lots of people are homophobic and that impacts gays in a negative way. WOW! Now there's a revelation.:rolleyes:
LARA2005

Out of interest, is your avatar anything to do with WPWW or KKK?

If confused look here:
http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/racist_celtic_cross.asp
Howard
What comments did I make. Erm......gays are discriminated against because lots of people are homophobic and that impacts gays in a negative way. WOW! Now there's a revelation.:rolleyes:

Why is this relevant to gay adoption?

Or do you support gay adoption?
Reply 669
Sophistress
So, again, here you're saying homosexuals suffer as a result of homophobia which is caused by their homosexuality, but that isn't their fault. Correct?

Exactamundo. It's not their fault. It's just one of life's ugly facts. Beekeeper and fivebyfive are utter ***** because they looked before they leapt and attacked me because what they think I said was:

"Homosexuals are discriminated against because they are gay. If they weren't gay they wouldn't suffer discrimination. Therefore they've brought it on themselves and it's their fault"

which is not what I said at all.

Still, why let facts get in the way of hounding out anyone who dares utter anything that isn't entirely wonderful about gays. :rolleyes:
Reply 670
Sophistress
Why is this relevant to gay adoption?

I didn't say it was. I think we left the realms of gay adoption as a topic of conversation about 100 posts ago.
Howard
Exactamundo. It's not their fault. It's just one of life's ugly facts. Beekeeper and fivebyfive are utter ***** because they looked before they leapt and attacked me because what they think I said was

"Homosexuals are discriminated against because they are gay. If they weren't gay they wouldn't suffer discrimination. Therefore they've brought it on themselves and it's their fault"

which is not what I said at all.

Still, why let facts get in the way of hounding out anyone who dares utter anything that isn't entirely wonderful about gays. :rolleyes:

I understand what you were saying. It is akin to racism being the result of varying skin colours, no? I don't disagree with you, though I think the view is somewhat simplistic. Ah well, for simple people...

Now, to relate back to the topic, should this effect adoption?
Reply 672
fivebyfive
You deserve negative rep for some of the comments you made.

And you deserve a punch in the face. :biggrin:
Howard
I didn't say it was. I think we left the realms of gay adoption as a topic of conversation about 100 posts ago.

Ah. This is where my confusion was born. :rolleyes:
Reply 674
Golden Maverick
Out of interest, is your avatar anything to do with WPWW or KKK?

If confused look here:
http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/racist_celtic_cross.asp

I had a swastika, but I was told by a mod that I was not allowed to use it(but the communist hammer and sickle is fine! If thats not biased towards the far left I dont know what is) so im using the cross. Yes the KKK use it as well, but the reason I use it is that its symbolic to white pride.
Howard
And you deserve a punch in the face. :biggrin:

Wow its so nice to see that people can engage in debate/argument woteva without resorting to threats of violence! :rolleyes:
Reply 676
Sophistress
I understand what you were saying. It is akin to racism being the result of varying skin colours, no? I don't disagree with you, though I think the view is somewhat simplistic. Ah well, for simple people...

Now, to relate back to the topic, should this effect adoption?

Well, it obviously wasn't simple because beekeeper and his echo couldn't grasp it. :rolleyes:

Now, what's your question about adoption? Should the fact that gays suffer discrimination effect adoption? Or should they be allowed to adopt?
LARA2005
I had a swastika, but I was told by a mod that I was not allowed to use it(but the communist hammer and sickle is fine! If thats not biased towards the far left I dont know what is) so im using the cross. Yes the KKK use it as well, but the reason I use it is that its symbolic to white pride.

Wow! its symbolic to white pride just like a swastika is symbolic of a regime that instigated and carried out a holocaust! isnt that just fine and dandy...?
Reply 678
madjackie
Wow its so nice to see that people can engage in debate/argument woteva without resorting to threats of violence! :rolleyes:

Yes. It's a real threat. I'm heading to St.Louis International Airport, and flying into London tonight, so I can track down fivebyfive over the course of several weeks so I can punch him in the face. :rolleyes:

Now bugger off. :biggrin:
Howard
Well, it obviously wasn't simple because beekeeper and his echo couldn't grasp it. :rolleyes:

Now, what's your question about adoption? Should the fact that gays suffer discrimination effect adoption? Or should they be allowed to adopt?

Should the fact gays will inevitably suffer some form of homophobia - due to them being gay - disallow them from adopting, bearing in mind the skin colour analogy?

Latest

Trending

Trending