Should Gays be allowed to adopt? Watch

This discussion is closed.
totalnatal
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
What ?I don't see what interracial parents have to do with anything.
SB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by totalnatal)
I'm not saying that in order to be gay you have to live with a gay couple.That's not it , I was saying that if you have a mom and dad according to society etc you will find your way and either be gay or straight whereas I think that if a child is brought up in a gay couple he will be influenced in some ways to look towards men.But don't quote me on this , I mean that's just off the top of my head I don't know if there is any research being done concerning the effect of gay couples on children's sexual orientation.

Personally , I'm not saying that being gay is unatural and I have nothing against gay ppl , but biologically speaking it is unatural as men were made for women.I just think the child needs to be brought up as it was supposed to be biologically , meaning a woman and a man.Then he'll choose what he wants to be in the future.
OK, so let me get this straight.
If you're brought up by a gay couple you'll be influenced to be gay.
If you're brought up by a straight couple you'll be influenced to be straight, no wait, sorry. Let me try that again.
If you're brought up by a straight couple their sexuality won't influence you.
Now, can anyone else see a contradiction there? Your argument has no consistency - you assume one thing to be true for one group, and yet the same logic completely fails when applied to another group.
If there's any way that there isn't a logical contradiction please point it out

Secondly, people don't choose their sexuality. I certainly feel that I was born bisexual.
Please tell me, when did you make your decision to be attracted to people of the opposite sex? When did you make a decision that looking at the opposite sex will turn you on and the same sex won't?
~MOi~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
SOCIETY you see your friends (girls) like boys and vice versa.
'If you're different, then you can't play with us.' What will you do when you're 10 yrs old and they say that to you? you choose to fancy guys. and vice versa. For society to fully accept the adoption for gay ppl, is going to take decades. And for that NOT to happen, is going to take decades.

When did you make a decision that looking at the opposite sex will turn you on and the same sex won't?
becase you see everyone else doing it, girls look at hot guys in magazines and boys look at sexy chicks in magazines.
TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~MOi~)
'If you're different, then you can't play with us.' What will you do when you're 10 yrs old and they say that to you? you choose to fancy guys. and vice versa. For society to fully accept the adoption for gay ppl, is going to take decades. And for that NOT to happen, is going to take decades.

becase you see everyone else doing it, girls look at hot guys in magazines and boys look at sexy chicks in magazines.
and now in english?
madjackie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Like I said before it is a poor excuse and I would argue that you cant use prejudice as an excuse for not changing something. If you make no attempt to change things then the prejudice will always exist and the self perpetuating cycle will mean that people wont want to change things because of prejudice and the risks presented by it. Yes it may be awful for children but kids will always bully kids and it may be that you have to focus on long term benefits. Afterall if it becomes more common place it wont be so much something that children get bullied for. If you incorporated tolerance into education rather than banning teachers from talkin about homosexuality or promoting it or woteva that law specifically says then maybe the situations in school would be different and homosexuals and therefore those adopted by them would not be subject so such blind mockery and prejudice
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by totalnatal)
What ?I don't see what interracial parents have to do with anything.
All those race riots up there, think of the children! They must not be exposed to bullying and any instability as it can riun their lives. Take cover! :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~MOi~)

Society? Whose society? If it's yours I have no time for it then. You live in the country of the 'free' etc. ugh.
sebbie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Basically do you think gays should have the right to adopt kids?

I personally think that it is wrong for children to be bought up into this environment.....
sebbie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Basically do you think gays should have the right to adopt kids?

I personally think that it is wrong for children to be bought up into this environment.....
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do think gays should have the right do adopt kids. I personally think that thereis no compelling evidence to suggest that being brought into "tihs environment" is damaging, and that growing up in a loving and stable home (which it would be, since whatever the nature of some gay couples is perceived to be, they would be subject to the same stringent application process as everyone else) is better than growing up in care or being shunted between foster families.

Case Closed, argument over, no need for more discussion on this topic, you may as well close the thread.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do think gays should have the right do adopt kids. I personally think that thereis no compelling evidence to suggest that being brought into "tihs environment" is damaging, and that growing up in a loving and stable home (which it would be, since whatever the nature of some gay couples is perceived to be, they would be subject to the same stringent application process as everyone else) is better than growing up in care or being shunted between foster families.

Case Closed, argument over, no need for more discussion on this topic, you may as well close the thread.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not this topic again. So why don't you think they should adopt? For every answer I have seen had their rebuttal.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not this topic again. So why don't you think they should adopt? For every answer I have seen had their rebuttal.
pinkfloyd
Report 13 years ago
No they shouldn't. Apart from anything else they would have the poo bullied out of them at school.
pinkfloyd
Report 13 years ago
No they shouldn't. Apart from anything else they would have the poo bullied out of them at school.
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah i agree with pink floid. fair enough gays have rights and they can freely be gay but i dont thik its right to ENCOURAGE gayness. (no offense) i mean if a child where to grow up in a gay marriage it may be likely that he or she may turn gay themselves i dotn think thats right
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah i agree with pink floid. fair enough gays have rights and they can freely be gay but i dont thik its right to ENCOURAGE gayness. (no offense) i mean if a child where to grow up in a gay marriage it may be likely that he or she may turn gay themselves i dotn think thats right
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Let us not encourage Islam for it would create terrorism! :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Let us not encourage Islam for it would create terrorism! :rolleyes:
Wineblood
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by iceman_jondoe)
By that logic any child being parented by a hetero couple would be more likely to turn out hetero.
(Oh, I'm feeling pretty anti-hetero atm)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads