Turn on thread page Beta

Should Gays be allowed to adopt? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Rubbish. Were you bullied? The gays at my school were about the only people bullied systematically. Why not have separate schools for gays? I think most of them would rather go to girls schools anyway.
    Whats this got to do with gay children? :confused:

And I disagree with schooling gay and straight people sperately, it would cause a disaster in schools with regards to bullying by making gays in regular schools even more vunerable.

This isn't the point though, in fact this is completely irrelevant, you are merely using this thread as another chance to beat down homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    No not really mum, I'll apologise to Beek. I just wish he'd join Labour.
    Good.

And should I be worried about the way that you keep identifying me with your mum? Is your mum a legend too?

ReputationRep:
    Good.

And should I be worried about the way that you keep identifying me with your mum? Is your mum a legend too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)

And I disagree with schooling gay and straight people sperately, it would cause a disaster in schools with regards to bullying by making gays in regular schools even more vunerable.

This isn't the point though, in fact this is completely irrelevant, you are merely using this thread as another chance to beat down homosexuality.
    Sorry Beek.

It's actually a first for me (beating down homos (is that a euphemism?)), and I was mainly being silly, and mocking your too-serious approach and faith in politics. Sorry again.

--------------

Happy now Ayaan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)

Sorry Beek.

It's actually a first for me (beating down homos (is that a euphemism?)), and I was mainly being silly, and mocking your too-serious approach and faith in politics. Sorry again.

--------------

Happy now Ayaan?

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I say something remotely socially liberal you tell me to join another Party. I think you'll find that there are plenty of social liberals in the British Conservatives, and the Party stands for individual liberties and freedoms.

The Conservatives also believe in the institution of the family, and the thought of a child going without any parents or home because of petty personal issues like this really pisses me off.
    It is insensitive, it is homophobic, and it is damn right rude to assume that homosexuals are incapable of bringing up a child.

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I say something remotely socially liberal you tell me to join another Party. I think you'll find that there are plenty of social liberals in the British Conservatives, and the Party stands for individual liberties and freedoms.

The Conservatives also believe in the institution of the family, and the thought of a child going without any parents or home because of petty personal issues like this really pisses me off.
    It is insensitive, it is homophobic, and it is damn right rude to assume that homosexuals are incapable of bringing up a child.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, ****ing ****ing yes.

The basis of any parenting should be love.

OK there might be potential worries in terms of children of gay parenting being bullied, but thats a social problem that should not be neglected, but remedied, in my opinion.

I'm all for homo's adopting. Of course I recognise the problems and the concerns, I'm no fool, but in the long run I think gay adoption is going to become a fully accepted practice. Get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, ****ing ****ing yes.

The basis of any parenting should be love.

OK there might be potential worries in terms of children of gay parenting being bullied, but thats a social problem that should not be neglected, but remedied, in my opinion.

I'm all for homo's adopting. Of course I recognise the problems and the concerns, I'm no fool, but in the long run I think gay adoption is going to become a fully accepted practice. Get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Happy now Ayaan?
    As long as everyone's being civil.

ReputationRep:
    Happy now Ayaan?
    As long as everyone's being civil.

ReputationRep:

It is insensitive, it is homophobic, and it damn right rude to assume that homosexuals are incapable of bringing up a child.
    If homosexuality is a "petty personal issue" why do homosexuals make it such a major issue and make it so public?

There are enough straight wannabe parents around to take up the slack.

The excesses of social-liberalism are substantially to blame for the fact that so many abortions or adoptions are necessary.

Join Labour.

~downright rude?

ReputationRep:

It is insensitive, it is homophobic, and it damn right rude to assume that homosexuals are incapable of bringing up a child.
    If homosexuality is a "petty personal issue" why do homosexuals make it such a major issue and make it so public?

There are enough straight wannabe parents around to take up the slack.

The excesses of social-liberalism are substantially to blame for the fact that so many abortions or adoptions are necessary.

Join Labour.

~downright rude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    How is it BS clearly they would get bullied, it targets them and both their parents at once which makes it even worse.
    Kids get bullied for everything, the answer is obviously not to stop the things which they get bullied for. Should we dye ginger kids' hair? Make 8 year olds wear contact lenses? Ban parents from being foreign? THAT is bullcrap, giving in to the bullies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    How is it BS clearly they would get bullied, it targets them and both their parents at once which makes it even worse.
    Kids get bullied for everything, the answer is obviously not to stop the things which they get bullied for. Should we dye ginger kids' hair? Make 8 year olds wear contact lenses? Ban parents from being foreign? THAT is bullcrap, giving in to the bullies.

ReputationRep:
    And should I be worried about the way that you keep identifying me with your mum?
    Ask Freud.

ReputationRep:
    And should I be worried about the way that you keep identifying me with your mum?
    Ask Freud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Should we dye ginger kids' hair?.

ReputationRep:
    Should we dye ginger kids' hair?.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but the question then is why do people bully the different. If you're determined to end bullying and associated ingroup preferences/ outgroup hostility you have to bring an end to community. Same psychological root. The root of community is the desire to find identity and security. It's the key driving force behind religion, science, family, love,...playground bullying then is a small price to pay. And encouraging in young people a healthy, natural, and necessary attitude that they will defend themselves -physically and violently if need be- is the best way to reduce bullying. Most victims "freeze" because of a misguided morality and a lack of self worth.

--------------

(Original post by ayaan)
    Oi! I live ginnas!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.