This discussion is closed.
ArthurOliver
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Beek

(Original post by Beekeeper)
Because it is not treat as a petty personal issue.
Is that "treat" pronounced "trett". Yorkshire quirk?

I'm obsessed?--I think that was my third post on lgbt issues. How many for you this week?

I won't add to my first post about whether gays should have the right to adopt. My views are shifting tradition-wards as I see just how key gay rights are to a wholesale stripping away of the old moral, political, cultural order.

Social-liberalism as it affects how people copulate, impregnate, relate, parent, abort, give up for adoption, view gay rights, etc... is key to the debate. Durr....

I'm not a British Nationalist and you're not a conservative.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
What about the gay people who do have babies from straight relationships?
There will still be a mother and a father for the child. Where i think that a gay couple would be preferable to nothing, i think that straight couples should have preference because childeren were made to be brought up this way from the dawn of time.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
What about the gay people who do have babies from straight relationships?
There will still be a mother and a father for the child. Where i think that a gay couple would be preferable to nothing, i think that straight couples should have preference because childeren were made to be brought up this way from the dawn of time.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
I'm with Elipsis. But I'm off to bed now so I think this is where we part. Keep it up Elipsis! Oo-er!

Nighty!
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm with Elipsis. But I'm off to bed now so I think this is where we part. Keep it up Elipsis! Oo-er!

Nighty!
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ArthurOliver)
Social-liberalism as it affects how people copulate, impregnate, relate, parent, abort, give up for adoption, view gay rights, etc... is key to the debate. Durr....
It is not key to the debate at all, and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Levels of abortion have absolutely nothing to do with gay adoption rights. It shouldn't even be a feature in this debate.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ArthurOliver)
It is not key to the debate at all, and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Levels of abortion have absolutely nothing to do with gay adoption rights. It shouldn't even be a feature in this debate.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol im going to bed aswell, i'm afriad this thread will have to be thrown to the gay rights enthusiasts.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol im going to bed aswell, i'm afriad this thread will have to be thrown to the gay rights enthusiasts.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Night night bright boy.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Night night bright boy.
Scheherazade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the gay rights enthusiasts.
This is possibly the first time I've been given that moniker.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the gay rights enthusiasts.
This is possibly the first time I've been given that moniker.
cosmik_debris
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:laugh:
cosmik_debris
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:laugh:
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
Surely if 2 gay men were raising a little girl, there would be problems? A mother is needed to teach her daughter many feminine things in life which i wont go into.
Same would go for a single mum with a son, or a single dad who has a daughter thoe.
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
Surely if 2 gay men were raising a little girl, there would be problems? A mother is needed to teach her daughter many feminine things in life which i wont go into.
Same would go for a single mum with a son, or a single dad who has a daughter thoe.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by octanethriller)
You're assuming that terrorism is inherent in 'Islam', when it is not, whereas same-sex attraction is by definition inherent in 'homosexuality'
I don't think thats what he's saying at all...

Edit: Haha, beat you to it *****. :p:
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by octanethriller)
You're assuming that terrorism is inherent in 'Islam', when it is not, whereas same-sex attraction is by definition inherent in 'homosexuality'

Edit: Haha, beat you to it *****. :p:
octanethriller
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Edit: Haha, beat you to it *****.
lol damn you

Yeh thats why I said I understand what hes getting at and why its a bad analogy. He is assuming that terrorism is something that defines Islam, thus if you encourage Islam you encourage terrorism as the two are inextricably linked.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.64%
No (602)
72.36%

Watched Threads