I got caught by the bus inspectors!!!!! Watch

kotherxox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Okay so today i paid for a child day saver and got caught by the nasty bus inspectors am 16- so they took me out and entered some details about me and said that i have to ay £25!!!!! Does that mean i have a CRIMINAL record for life???!! I have not done anything bad before, am good... what do you think they will do :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
VaVe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Did you give them your real name and address?
POWW!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're going to jail mate.
Josh_Dey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No it's not a criminal record, stop worrying. They won't record it as a criminal offence, a fine is enough.
Cariie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kotherxox)
Does that mean i have a CRIMINAL record for life???!!
Nah you wont have a criminal record, this is dealt with by the traffic authorities not the police, you'll just have to pay up this time and hope you don't get caught next time
kotherxox
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by VaVe)
Yes I did, :/
skibur
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't worry, you will only get a 6 month stretch
SpySapper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How did they know your 16?
japs089
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Same thing happened to me one day, haha paid for a child ticket when I was 17! Me and some friends got chucked out in the middle of nowhere. Luckily my friend had enough change so we were ok haha it was terrifying tho!!

As for your "Problem" a fine is a fine. That's it. Haha you don't have to worry about it :P it's not gonna affect your UCAS.
VaVe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes I did, :/
Then they'll probably send you a letter demanding a fine, probably easier to just pay it rather than the hassle you will get if you don't.
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Okay so today i paid for a child day saver and got caught by the nasty bus inspectors am 16- so they took me out and entered some details about me and said that i have to ay £25!!!!! Does that mean i have a CRIMINAL record for life???!! I have not done anything bad before, am good... what do you think they will do :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
lol.
Iqbal Abdulla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i guess you are not very safe then, very naughty. Even though i got away with getting into england without a passport. You couldn't manage a bus? Pathetic. But you will be fine, don't worry. Its just a fine.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by VaVe)
You do realise they ring up and enter the details in a system....
VaVe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
You do realise they ring up and enter the details in a system....

I'm not 100% familiar with it because I just buy valid tickets.
My question here really is that is there anyway for them to know that you are lying? If they call the number you give them and there is no answer then no one is home. If they can find out who lives at the address you give and the name doesn't match then you are simply staying with relatives who don't have the same name.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by VaVe)
I'm not 100% familiar with it because I just buy valid tickets.
My question here really is that is there anyway for them to know that you are lying? If they call the number you give them and there is no answer then no one is home. If they can find out who lives at the address you give and the name doesn't match then you are simply staying with relatives who don't have the same name.
Put it this way...

What are the chances that you instantly think of an address/fake name/number without hesitating or making it look like you're lying..

And if you do manage to do that, you then have to worry even more, because they call up someone to clarify who lives at the address...
VaVe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would be so tempted to refuse to give them my name and address.
You'd just have to hope that no one is home.
Tola0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya, I got caught on the bus by a ticket inspector, however they ask for my id if I had any with me, which I did (my previous work ID) and ask if I have my driving licence, and I said no so he took my name down, and asked for my date of birth, but I gave him a wrong date of birth and a wrong address and he rang someone up find out but seem the person couldn't find it cos he took longer than usual but I told I need to get off my destination now and he said okay, came out with me printed a card and said I can either pay it now £40 or pay online.which I didn't. Now nlt sure if I should pay because the only information right he has about me is my name and I am not the only one baring that name in this country. Any advice pls??
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
http://static.twentytwowords.com/wp-...n-gang-03.jpeg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads