This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I should be doing a research thingy on potential treatments for Huntingdon's disease and fragile X syndrome. I have to present it on Monday.
loftx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
One of their staff has asked me to produce a site in which people can use include ex sUK staff can still chat to people on etc. Basicaly sUk can go offline any time now without notice.

I've got the chat thing working, I just have to a messege board system now which is easy. Its the login system I have not thought about yet. Security is the biggest problem on a zero budget.
OMG do you know the value of what you've just been given. If your site is publicised on sUK before it goes down you will end up with an amount of traffic and an online community most webmasters would sell their parents for.

I don't think he budget will be a problem with the amounty of traffic you would get it it worked. Banner ads should easily fund some cheap hosting.

If you could migrate most of the sUK community across to a forum you control you could end up with a forum to rival UKL.
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I should be doing my English World Lit coursework, since it's due on Monday and all, but I just can't be bothered.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
OMG do you know the value of what you've just been given. If your site is publicised on sUK before it goes down you will end up with an amount of traffic and an online community most webmasters would sell their parents for.

I don't think he budget will be a problem with the amounty of traffic you would get it it worked. Banner ads should easily fund some cheap hosting.

If you could migrate most of the sUK community across to a forum you control you could end up with a forum to rival UKL.
Hehe yeah but I think the most likely outcome is me getting trouble with my course tutor. You see we can do what we want with our space as it is unlimiited bandwidth, but it is Fast Host who host the student accounts. There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth of course so they may end up deleting my account.

The site I am making will be quite basic as I have other stuff to do as well before monday.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
english notes/planning for an essay question about comparisons between an extract from "jazz" and "the colour purple"

also history coursework: however i dont have a definitive hand in date just a vague "soon" its driving me insane. i want a date so i can leave it and do it the night before lol.

bugger all that, listening to the new incubus single. v.good. anyone see them on CDUK this morning (not that i watch it lol, i turned it on and they were on!)
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
english notes/planning for an essay question about comparisons between an extract from "jazz" and "the colour purple"

also history coursework: however i dont have a definitive hand in date just a vague "soon" its driving me insane. i want a date so i can leave it and do it the night before lol.

bugger all that, listening to the new incubus single. v.good. anyone see them on CDUK this morning (not that i watch it lol, i turned it on and they were on!)
I like the chorus, but overall it's a pretty decent track.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
revising for exam on monday - its open book apparently, but i'm paranoid im gonna get there the invigilators will take my notes away :eek:
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
They were on top of the pops last night as well - did a much better version of it on there, but it isn;t a bad song at all.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads