Couple going to Uni... couple of Qs.. Watch

notts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tom_pinnock54)
Me and my gf are looking to go to the same uni or ones in the same area... like Kingston and Roehampton... this may be the wrong place for this question... but i'll plonk it here anyway, no doubt someone will move it if it's necessary!
1) when couples go to uni do they stay together? Is it hard?

2) can you stay over (in their room - uni accomodation) if it's not your building/or even uni!?

3) do the dorm/flat-mates mind you making *coughsomenoisecough*

thanks guys/gals.
T
1) impossible to say. i wouldnt live with a partner now, but it depends how strong your relationship is.

2) who is going to find out? in one of my friends halls, is hallmate has his gf living in his room, and she doesnt even study here!
for my house, we signed a contract saying "no overnight visitors" but it meant dont have people living with you. i think it would be fine.

3) most definitely. im fine, cos im tucked into a corner, but my friend who lives below a couple here.. gets really annoyed.
among hall friends, you can guarantee in say.. a few hour period, they will moan about this several times.

one of my friends had to go sleep in someone elses room when the entire rest of his dorm were shagging!
notts
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Me and my gf are looking to go to the same uni or ones in the same area... like Kingston and Roehampton... this may be the wrong place for this question... but i'll plonk it here anyway, no doubt someone will move it if it's necessary!

2) can you stay over (in their room - uni accomodation) if it's not your building/or even uni!?

thanks guys/gals.
T
1) impossible to say. i wouldnt live with a partner now, but it depends how strong your relationship is.

2) who is going to find out? in one of my friends halls, is hallmate has his gf living in his room, and she doesnt even study here!
for my house, we signed a contract saying "no overnight visitors" but it meant dont have people living with you. i think it would be fine.

3) most definitely. im fine, cos im tucked into a corner, but my friend who lives below a couple here.. gets really annoyed.
among hall friends, you can guarantee in say.. a few hour period, they will moan about this several times.

one of my friends had to go sleep in someone elses room when the entire rest of his dorm were shagging!
PieMaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by notts)
Someone I know set the fire alarm off* because everyone was in his; apparently it was worth the £75 fine just to see them dragged outside with the randoms they'd brought back

*i do not endorse setting off fire alarms
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by notts)
Someone I know set the fire alarm off* because everyone was in his; apparently it was worth the £75 fine just to see them dragged outside with the randoms they'd brought back

notts
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PieMaster)

haha. that would be well good, see if anyone pulled a minger
couldnt he have just burnt some toast and avoided the fine

*woops*

--------------

(Original post by El Scotto)
I disagree,

you and your own hard work alone makes the qualifications you get, no matter what uni you goto. I think if you really love her going to the same uni would be a good thing, I know loads of people who split up after going to seperate unis, So much temptation whilst your apart and can't do much with your hornyness can only lead to trouble.

How these people can say "If its ment to work, its ment to work" and things even if you're at opposite ends of the country. Relationships are about intimacy. The only thing you'd be getting intimate with if you were at opposite ends of the country is your phone bill.

If you died tommorow, you would of regreted not seeing your girlfriend so much.
disagree, my best mate has a boyfriend in oxford. they visit each other every couple of weeks and they seem to be really happy!

also bear in mind that you are only at uni for about 66% of the year
notts
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PieMaster)

haha. that would be well good, see if anyone pulled a minger
couldnt he have just burnt some toast and avoided the fine

*woops*

--------------

I disagree,

you and your own hard work alone makes the qualifications you get, no matter what uni you goto. I think if you really love her going to the same uni would be a good thing, I know loads of people who split up after going to seperate unis, So much temptation whilst your apart and can't do much with your hornyness can only lead to trouble.

How these people can say "If its ment to work, its ment to work" and things even if you're at opposite ends of the country. Relationships are about intimacy. The only thing you'd be getting intimate with if you were at opposite ends of the country is your phone bill.

disagree, my best mate has a boyfriend in oxford. they visit each other every couple of weeks and they seem to be really happy!

also bear in mind that you are only at uni for about 66% of the year
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

thanks guys/gals.
T
1) Depends on the couple. If I said, 'when couples get married do they stay together?', what would you say? Some do, some don't.

2) Yes.

3) Think how you would feel. If the couple in the room next door spent all night yelling "Yes! Yes! Spank me!", chances are you'd be a bit miffed. Unless you're a dirty old perv.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

thanks guys/gals.
T
1) Depends on the couple. If I said, 'when couples get married do they stay together?', what would you say? Some do, some don't.

2) Yes.

3) Think how you would feel. If the couple in the room next door spent all night yelling "Yes! Yes! Spank me!", chances are you'd be a bit miffed. Unless you're a dirty old perv.
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago

thanks guys/gals.
T
1) I chose my uni soley b/c of the fact my boyfriend is a 2nd year here. I was at home last year while he was at uni and i found only seeing him every other weekend hard enough, and dont get me started on the phone bill! But moving in together (into rented accomodation) has been amazing, I couldnt have been happier!

2) I spent most every other weekend staying in his flat last year, single bed was a bit of an issue! But his flat mates didnt mind. It did say in the contract you had to tell the uni about over night guests but no one ever did.

3)some only the gal in the next room seemed miffed by it, but maybe its b/c shes a geek!

but i would reccomend going on holiday together in the summer or something to get used to bein with each other all of the time so you done have to get used to it at the same time as getting stressed with uni!
Catski
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
A word of warning - if you DO plan on going to the same uni, make absolutely sure that you get your own circles of friends. A couple I am very good friends with spent all their freshers' week together, made all mutual friends, and consequently became thoroughly sick of each other because they never got a break.

All couples need time apart as well as time together, so remember that being at the same uni doesn't have to mean living in each other's back pockets.
Wineblood
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
3)some only the gal in the next room seemed miffed by it, but maybe its b/c shes a geek!
Hey hey, geeks and nerds aer cool.
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't think so, somehow. Think about it from the other person's point of view. On Saturday night I was kept awake by my flatmate having loud sex and I was seriously annoyed. It's just a little gross to hear those kind of noises and be aware that people are having sex about 3 feet away from you, just the other side of the wall. If I didn't know it was going on, I wouldn't mind. But I had to get up and put some music on. It was 2am. I wanted to sleep, not listen to music.

--------------

I disagree,

Not really - if you go to TVU when you're capable of getting into Cambridge, you're an idiot. It won't give you the same job prospects, and even if you do stay with the girl and get married, you won't have such a nice life together because you won't be eligible for the best paid jobs.

Also, I know plenty of people who have stayed with a boyfriend or girlfriend even though they're at uni in different parts of the country, and have made it work. I also know a couple who went to a uni neither of them especially liked, just to be together, and didn't even last the first term.

There are millions of potential boyfriends and girlfriends in the world, but most people only get one education.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
I don't think so, somehow. Think about it from the other person's point of view. On Saturday night I was kept awake by my flatmate having loud sex and I was seriously annoyed. It's just a little gross to hear those kind of noises and be aware that people are having sex about 3 feet away from you, just the other side of the wall. If I didn't know it was going on, I wouldn't mind. But I had to get up and put some music on. It was 2am. I wanted to sleep, not listen to music.
lol, well, if it makes you feel better, then i could hear my friend (well his girlfriend actually, very vocal girl...) having sex when i was in halls last year........they were 3 floors above me, but they had their windows open. i couldn't care less as i always listen to music when i'm going to sleep, however, you could always try using earplugs?
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pratikv)
lol, well, if it makes you feel better, then i could hear my friend (well his girlfriend actually, very vocal girl...) having sex when i was in halls last year........they were 3 floors above me, but they had their windows open. i couldn't care less as i always listen to music when i'm going to sleep, however, you could always try using earplugs?
I shouldn't have to. They are really uncomfortable and don't work anyway. Next time I will bang on the door and ask in a very concerned voice, "Is everything alright? You seem to be having a few problems!"
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
I shouldn't have to. They are really uncomfortable and don't work anyway. Next time I will bang on the door and ask in a very concerned voice, "Is everything alright? You seem to be having a few problems!"
or you could 'accidentally' set off the fire alarm.....
xx hannah xx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
1.im at the same uni as my boyfriend. im in my 1st year and he is in his 2nd year. however we didn't plan it, and it reallly bugs me when people think i just came here because he did! he came here very last minute because of unexpected a levels, and i came here because i applied for medicine and manchester was my only offer...aanyone who knows about the med admissions process will know that if you are lucky enough to get a place, you go there, no questions!
we've had no problems at all, but then we have been together over 3 years, and have our own lives-last year we only saw each other once every 5/6 weeks, and i only came to stay about 3 weekends in the whole year!

2. yes you can stay over- uni isnt like school trips, no one patrols the flats or anything!

3. umm well it depends on the level of noise and how often! if i heard a stupid amount of banging all night, every night i would be VERY angry! its incosiderate! however, if i heard an odd 'bang' i wouldnt be too bothered-just a bit like...okkk they're obviously enjoying themselves then...pillow over head time! x
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's not the bed-head-banging-against-walls I object to. It's the other noises.

Everyone's said pretty much the same thing and I agree with them, so I won't re-iterate it. Though some are lucky enough to stay together, MOST couples will break up during uni time, sooner or later. It's your life and you have to make your decisions - your degree will be with you forever, she will not.
pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I initially chose my uni cause my then boyfriend was there. Thnkfully thought I took time to look round the uni before decided on it, because its wonderful. My now ex boyfriend is still here and I spend so much of my time terrified that I'll bump into him, cause things are pretty bad between us. If I'd chosen the uni just on the basis of the two of us then I'd be miserable now!

The first thing that you should consider when looking at a Uni is, regardless of your partner, will you enjoy your time there?
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=susiemakemeblue]I don't think so, somehow. Think about it from the other person's point of view. On Saturday night I was kept awake by my flatmate having loud sex and I was seriously annoyed. It's just a little gross to hear those kind of noises and be aware that people are having sex about 3 feet away from you, just the other side of the wall. If I didn't know it was going on, I wouldn't mind. But I had to get up and put some music on. It was 2am. I wanted to sleep, not listen to music.

I didn't mean moaning and groaning noises we're not that mean!, just giggling hehe If it was banging all of that jaz then she would have had the right to conplain, infact the only thing she complained about was the fact we (me and my bf not me and her!) showered together and she didnt like bumping into us when we were on the way back to his room!
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wineblood)
Hey hey, geeks and nerds aer cool.

i agree totally, im not saying they're not the coolest, just that it may be the reason why!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (172)
18.59%
No (560)
60.54%
Not really bothered about them (193)
20.86%

Watched Threads