Lump in my right earlobe? :( Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi all. Well I have to say i'm gettng rather worried.

A couple of days ago, i noticed a slight lump forming on my right earlobe, not visible but nevertheless you could tell there was a lump when you felt it

Anyway, today it has started to get considerably bigger. Its hard to dscribe, but if I was to sum it up I would describe it as a hard lump and now it is visible. I should also add that you can feel the lump on both sides of the earlobe.

What could it be? It didnt hurt until I started to fiddle with it lately. Does any potential medic know what this is? Should I be worried? It has definitely started getting worse and Im scared in case it gets any bigger or doesn't go at all.
Anonymous #1
getting* describe* sorry about the spelling mistakes.
DifficultToSay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
don't worry, i get them all the time. not sure what causes them but they're nothing to worry about, just stop fiddling with it and it'll be gone in a few days
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all. Well I have to say i'm gettng rather worried.

A couple of days ago, i noticed a slight lump forming on my right earlobe, not visible but nevertheless you could tell there was a lump when you felt it

Anyway, today it has started to get considerably bigger. Its hard to dscribe, but if I was to sum it up I would describe it as a hard lump and now it is visible. I should also add that you can feel the lump on both sides of the earlobe.

What could it be? It didnt hurt until I started to fiddle with it lately. Does any potential medic know what this is? Should I be worried? It has definitely started getting worse and Im scared in case it gets any bigger or doesn't go at all.
It could just be a spot. I once had a 'spot' on my earlobe but it started as a little hard ball in the earlobe (felt really weird) and was exactly how you describe. It was not visible at first but you could feel it very well. eventually it came more to the surface and yeah dissapeared. Is it red at all?

If you are really worried I would just make an appointment with your GP just to be on the safe side!
BlueJoker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This might be gross, but it is probably just a spot. It's probably just getting filled with pus, yuck! If it doesn't go within a week or two, see a doctor, but don't worry about it.
Lyndon1504
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You sure there isn't an earring in there?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've been getting these on and off for the past 5 or 6 yrs and in both ears. Nothing to worry about. Slightly painful to touch/squeeze. So I don't touch or squeeze them :p:
CathMo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i've had one of these before. i think they're quite common
i'm sure it isn't dangerous to your health
if it doesnt go away / you get worried about it, go and see a doctor, at least then you'll know what it is
ChunkymunkyDJC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They're quite common, I used to get them a few years back. Basically they are like internal spots - just leave it alone for a few weeks and it will disappear.
Anonymous #1
This has made me feel a lot better thanks guys!
IndigoRockGirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's probably just a swollen gland, but you could see a GP just to be sure : ) x
Intensity
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds like a sebaceous cyst. Nothing to worry about.
MedGenFTW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Intensity)
Sounds like a sebaceous cyst. Nothing to worry about.
Beaten to the punch.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I always get these.. I have to take my earrings out but it's always one within 3 days If your isn't, then see your GP, but it should be fine.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get this all the time. The worst it's ever got was to the point it burst open and dripped out all this watery, pusy, bloody liquid.
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've had this before. I'm not sure what it is, but it went away so it can't be anything worrying.
bcninja
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
same i get them all the time in fact got one right now lol yeah it probably dissapear soon if it gets tooo big though and your woried yeah then see the doc =P
hamaroxy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I've got one too just like u described , it feels like a tiny ball underneath the skin of my earlobe, I was really worried but then was told its just a small cyst and nothing to worry about , but if it does get any worse I will be seeing my GP just to be sure.
Ghostzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I had a spot in the same place, popped it, now I have a small round lump in the same place of the right ear, it hurts if I touch it and stuff. The size of it is roughly half a centre meters in size
Scottynbr1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Been getting those for years. I actually got one out a few times. They are like tiny little balls of yarn, all intertwined, strange looking. They are made of the same material as like a pimple or blackhead. Sometimes they go away and sometimes not. If you keep messing with it in certain ways it will eventually swell up into a very large cyst. At that point you can either let it pop open by itself or get into it with a razor blade or stickpin. It is not easy, you have to get past the membrane that surrounds it. Once you do you will hear a loud pop and then the stuff starts coming out, there is a lot of puss and blood and it is pretty gross. You may have to do it a few times because you have to get those little balls out of there or it will keep happening. They are what you call the head, and by that point there may be several, just move them toward the opening you made and they will shoot out fast, then you will see what I'm talking about with the ball of yarn thing, very odd looking. Have done this several times. Just make sure the device you are using to break the membrane is sterile. Boil the device in
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.97%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.97%
It was TERRIBLE (293)
12.38%

Watched Threads