Turn on thread page Beta

Any guys hate the way they look? watch

ReputationRep:
    Its common to hear about girls feeling fat, feeling ugly etc. However I wonder how many men feel this way? For the past few years I have really despaired over my appearance. I made another post in the fashion forum a few weeks but Im doing it here aswell.

I HATE my body and face. I am really mis shapen, I dunno how to explain it but the way my body looks from the side, its just horrible.

Then theres my face, its just really round and 'babyish' and I always have red cheeks but Im very pale everywhere else, my facial hair for some reason comes out red so I can't have stubble which might make me look better.

My hair is thinning badly and my hairline has receeded no end in the past year, the hair on the top of my head is literally dead and my scalp is easlily seen.

I know everyone will say ''it doesnt matter'', ''its all about confidence''. Well let me tell you, it DOES matter. It literally affects everything I do. I see other people all around who just look fine and normal and I'm just not like that.

Anyone the same?

ReputationRep:
    Its common to hear about girls feeling fat, feeling ugly etc. However I wonder how many men feel this way? For the past few years I have really despaired over my appearance. I made another post in the fashion forum a few weeks but Im doing it here aswell.

I HATE my body and face. I am really mis shapen, I dunno how to explain it but the way my body looks from the side, its just horrible.

Then theres my face, its just really round and 'babyish' and I always have red cheeks but Im very pale everywhere else, my facial hair for some reason comes out red so I can't have stubble which might make me look better.

My hair is thinning badly and my hairline has receeded no end in the past year, the hair on the top of my head is literally dead and my scalp is easlily seen.

I know everyone will say ''it doesnt matter'', ''its all about confidence''. Well let me tell you, it DOES matter. It literally affects everything I do. I see other people all around who just look fine and normal and I'm just not like that.

Anyone the same?

ReputationRep:
    sounds like there are problems here beyond your appearance...

i dont think im great looking, and wish i didnt look so young, but nothing like you..

ReputationRep:

i dont think im great looking, and wish i didnt look so young, but nothing like you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notts)

Um would you care to elaborate on these problems you think I have then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreverlost)
    well, many girls irationaly put themselves down about appearance, which can lead to ED's and self harm etc...

it is less common in boys, but can still be a problem.

im not in anyway an expert on this though! just my p.o.v.

ReputationRep:
    well, many girls irationaly put themselves down about appearance, which can lead to ED's and self harm etc...

it is less common in boys, but can still be a problem.

im not in anyway an expert on this though! just my p.o.v.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez... how old are you? You really sound rather paranoid.

Start running/going to the gym, get some rogaine, and some hot clothes and you're good to go.. Stop worrying so much. It only makes things worse.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez... how old are you? You really sound rather paranoid.

Start running/going to the gym, get some rogaine, and some hot clothes and you're good to go.. Stop worrying so much. It only makes things worse.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I don't really like the way I look, but I'm working on it and hopefully in a year or two things will be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I don't really like the way I look, but I'm working on it and hopefully in a year or two things will be ok.

ReputationRep:
    im alright with the way i look, i just hate the red blemishes on my face from when i used to have acne.

ReputationRep:
    im alright with the way i look, i just hate the red blemishes on my face from when i used to have acne.

ReputationRep:

Anyone the same?
    well, most guys don't look great from the side - i sure know i don't! so, that's a common enough problem, so you shouldn't worry about that.

if you're worried about the rest, or want to try and change your physique, then just join a gym or start running, and in that way you'll improve your 'shape' and give you a better profile.

ReputationRep:

Anyone the same?
    well, most guys don't look great from the side - i sure know i don't! so, that's a common enough problem, so you shouldn't worry about that.

if you're worried about the rest, or want to try and change your physique, then just join a gym or start running, and in that way you'll improve your 'shape' and give you a better profile.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend hates the way he looks, as he thinks he is overweight. I make sure I pay him compliments all the time so he doesn't feel so bad. I think he's perfect just th eway he is, but he doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend hates the way he looks, as he thinks he is overweight. I make sure I pay him compliments all the time so he doesn't feel so bad. I think he's perfect just th eway he is, but he doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_lee)
    I don't think anything you say will make him think he looks ok although it might make him feel comfortable about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_lee)
    I don't think anything you say will make him think he looks ok although it might make him feel comfortable about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.