The Student Room Group

School kids who don't wear school shoes

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its school, why do you need to look professional?
You'd have hated me then, I didn't even wear school uniform in primary school.
My children wear trainers to school because guess what? Shoes are ****ing expensive, so piss off.

Edit: Oooh there's no swear filter for 'piss', awesome.

I should reiterate actually, that what I mean is that buying shoes *and* trainers is expensive. And school shoes are hardly appropriate for playing out in. So trainers it is (black ones). Who cares what you think looks scruffy? How often do you go around looking at primary school kids? Huh?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
who cares
Reply 5
I'm in 6th form. No uniform. But I always wear school shoes. Just more comfy.

I think uniform is good, and it does look scruffy.

However it also encourages some individuality - the lower school in my sixth form choose their own ties (lime green tie with orange stripes and a purple and lilac uniform... ugh!)

On a more serious note, in poor countries, uniform shouldn't be mandatory. Eg., many african schools are free as long as the kids have shoes, which I don't think is right.
Throughout my secondary school life wearing comfy shoes has not negatively affected my learning.
I wore cowboy boots with spurs what the **** are you gonna do :L
Reply 8
I wore trainers because, at the time, i thought it made me fashionable/cool, the whole "f the system" feeling :wink:
I always wore trainers to school, My mum was pissed with buying me school shoes after I'd ruin them playing football, In the end she was like meh go in trainers. As for professional? Da ****, I never used to even show up with a tie sometimes
Reply 10
Original post by lightbulb1
I think it looks scruffy, and nonprofessional.

Dont want the Master to cane you do you? :rolleyes:
Reply 11
why does a primary school child, or even a secondary school one need to look professional?
drip
Reply 13

All through primary school and high school I have always worn black school shoes. they are part of the uniform and should be worn with black socks,pants and the school shirt. i still have 3pairs of boys school shoes from when I was in school and wear them when I'm out and in work, it just looks so much smarter.

What I don't get though is why do a small minority of school kids wear trainers,wellies instead of school shoes? I think it looks scruffy, and nonprofessional.

It may just be me thinking this as I have always gone to school in school shoes and never trainers but do any of you think it looks scruffy?

trotrotrotrotrollltotlroltrotltroltroltrolllotroltrol.

1/10
Reply 14
Original post by Rossical
I wore trainers because, at the time, i thought it made me fashionable/cool, the whole "f the system" feeling :wink:

In other words, you fell to peer pressure? :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by Ich Dien
Dont want the Master to cane you do you? :rolleyes:

What with?:frown:
Reply 16
Original post by jeffercake
My children wear trainers to school because guess what? Shoes are ****ing expensive, so piss off.

Edit: Oooh there's no swear filter for 'piss', awesome.

I should reiterate actually, that what I mean is that buying shoes *and* trainers is expensive. And school shoes are hardly appropriate for playing out in. So trainers it is (black ones). Who cares what you think looks scruffy? How often do you go around looking at primary school kids? Huh?

I don't it just catches my attention, instead of nice shiny black slip on shoes, a pair of dull lace up trainers
Reply 17
CAUSE THEY'RE COMPLETE REBELS!!!!

don't hate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
What with?:frown:

What? You've never heard that term before?

Spoiler

Id imagine the cock slap would come some time after.
Reply 19
Who wears wellies to school? :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending