The Student Room Group

WJEC AS & A2 Biology

Hello Fellow WJEC Biology-ers! Welcome to the WJEC AS &A2 Biology Thread

This is a Thread where you can
-Ask questions on the content of the course
-Post your revision aid/helpful sites you come across
-Give advice that you've received about the course/content
-Request/Post past exam papers and Mark Schemes

If you 'Watch' this thread, then if you go onto your watched threads, there is a little paper clip next to the name.
If you click on that paper clip then you will find everything that has previously been posted on this Thread.
Please check there first before requesting past papers and mark schemes, as a majority of them are still there.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message on TSR :smile:

Kayla:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good idea!

I'm sitting BY5 too (and resitting BY2 and BY4) :smile:

I was only 2 marks off an A in BY2 and BY4, so I'm not too worried about them, but I really should do more work on BY5!

How's the revision going? Have you finished the course in school/college?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by LukeMT
Good idea!

I sitting BY5 too (and resitting BY2 and BY4) :smile:

I was only 2 marks off an A in BY2 and BY4, so I'm not too worried about them, but I really should do more work on BY5!

How's the revision going? Have you finished the course in school/college?

Hey!

Revision is not going to brilliant. I've done posters on sexual reproduction in plants, and variation and evolution today and I'm attempting to write notes on energy and ecosystems.

We've not finished yet no - the tutor has left energy and ecosystems and the human impact one at the end for us to kinda do on our own. We've all been given a power point to do and present to each other.... like we're gonna learn from that! So I'm attempting to write notes on this but it is killing me so much!
How about you?
Reply 3
Original post by kayla:)
Hey!

Revision is not going to brilliant. I've done posters on sexual reproduction in plants, and variation and evolution today and I'm attempting to write notes on energy and ecosystems.

We've not finished yet no - the tutor has left energy and ecosystems and the human impact one at the end for us to kinda do on our own. We've all been given a power point to do and present to each other.... like we're gonna learn from that! So I'm attempting to write notes on this but it is killing me so much!
How about you?

We've finished the course, but I haven't written all of my revision notes yet :s-smilie:

I think I've spent wayyy too much time on chemistry!

Ah, the ecosystems bit is boring but easy, so you'll be ok :smile: I hate all of the DNA/mRNA/transcription/translation business...so much to learn!
Reply 4
Original post by LukeMT
BY5 (and resitting BY2 and BY4) :smile:

Same here :smile: Just trying to pick up any extra marks to ensure I get the A I need! :tongue:

The only topics of BY5 that I've actually enjoyed are sexual reproduction and genetic illnesses - the rest is awful! :redface:
I'm sitting BY2, BY4 and BY5 :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by x_Melissa_x
I'm sitting BY2, BY4 and BY5 :smile:

How's the revision going for BY5? Bloody huge isn't it! So annoying, and we haven't finished the course yet.... yay..... (N)
How's the revision going for BY5? Bloody huge isn't it! So annoying, and we haven't finished the course yet.... yay..... (N)

Revision is 'meh' at the moment :tongue:

I've focused so much on Chemistry, it's like I've forgotten that I actually do A-level Biology!
Reply 8
Hello!

I know there is a Chemistry one of these, and I've found it really helpful, so I thought I'd make a biology one!

I'm sitting BY5 in the summer? Anyone else? Any advice on websites for revision etc?

Good Luck!

I did HB4 and BY5 last summer.

I found the best way was to memorise the textbook as much as possible, learn all the flow diagrams of photosynthesis/respiration/muscles from the CGP book, memorise WJEC spec by writing it out a few times (they make the questions from phrases in the textbook/spec) then do AQA past papers. I got 120 in HB4 and 114 in BY5. Having got a B at AS.
Reply 9
Hi everyone :smile:

Seeing as the Biology and Chemistry threads are proving to be a hit, I though I'd make one for the Maths students!
Reply 10
Has everyone finished the course then?
Has everyone finished the course then?

Nope, still doing all the little human-impact-on-whatever stuff, like the fishing and that.

Also FML, I lost my access to past papers and mark schemes before I even looked at them. D:
I need them for tomorrow - BY1. >.<
Reply 12
Original post by AnonyMatt
Nope, still doing all the little human-impact-on-whatever stuff, like the fishing and that.

Also FML, I lost my access to past papers and mark schemes before I even looked at them. D:

Just attatched a few things I found on my computer - might be useful, I have some older ones - <2005 if you want them.
Just attatched a few things I found on my computer - might be useful, I have some older ones - <2005 if you want them.

Thank you so so much! +Rep!!!
Reply 14
Original post by AnonyMatt

Just a couple more - I can't upload the others as they're far too big :frown: Hope it helps though!
Just a couple more - I can't upload the others as they're far too big :frown: Hope it helps though!

fml can't rep you anymore today D:
I'll rep you for two reasons: uploading stuff and Wrexham. Enjoy!
Third reason: You go to my old college!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Good luck to anyone sitting BY1 tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by Tulian
Found BY1 quite tricky :frown:

Made such a stupid mistake about the rate question, didnt multiply it :frown:

:s-smilie: What needed to be multiplied?

Quick Reply

Latest